SUGGESTION FCO SHOULD CHANGE ADVICE BACK TO BANNING OVER 70S

Windsurfboy

12 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Which is precisely what they are doing.  Working for us, and issuing fact based guidance aimed at informing and protecting British citizens.

" Risky adventure" isn't their brief. You made that up.

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Which is precisely what they are doing.  Working for us, and issuing fact based guidance aimed at informing and protecting British citizens.

Ditto.

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Not a term I’ve ever used. You seem to be the one making things up. 😙

I commented on post 3. Don't bother replying as it is becoming tedious. I'm off to watch a "Risky Adventure" That hasn't been banned by FCO and one that Brits are quite good at. Come on Lewis.😂

• Like 1

Nice to hear that our English cousins have so much faith in their government.  On our side of the pond when they say, "we are your government and are here to help you" it is time to run far and run fast.

Hank

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

Nice to hear that our English cousins have so much faith in their government.  On our side of the pond when they say, "we are your government and are here to help you" it is time to run far and run fast.

Hank

As a British person, I can assure you that although I have every faith in our Civil Service, including the Foreign Office, I have no faith whatsoever in the present government to do anything but look after its own interests.

31 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

As a British person, I can assure you that although I have every faith in our Civil Service, including the Foreign Office, I have no faith whatsoever in the present government to do anything but look after its own interests.

Isnt that the same with any government they always "feather their own nests first".

Just now, majortom10 said:

Isnt that the same with any government they always "feather their own nests first".

To some extent, yes.  But events such as the Cummings affair,  and having to be hauled in by the Supreme Court,  show the contempt this government has for everyone but themselves. 

I for one am not great lover of Boris Trump and his merry.....persons around him but just glad that it is not Jeremy Corbyn and his merry.....persons who couldnt agree on anything over Brexit never mind this pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I for one am not great lover of Boris Trump and his merry.....persons around him but just glad that it is not Jeremy Corbyn and his merry.....persons who couldnt agree on anything over Brexit never mind this pandemic.

I'm no lover of Corbyn either, but frankly even he couldn't make a bigger mess of things than the current bunch - and the blond one is even apparently wanting to appoint Chris Grayling to the Chair of the Intelligence and Security Committee!  Can you believe that?

53 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Which is why I deliberately said FCO officials, knowing your views on Boris & Co.😇

19 hours ago, Denarius said:

As a former statistician (actuary) I am well aware that one the greatest pitfalls in statistics is to assume that correlation indicates a cause and effect relationship. Often it does not; there is a third factor involved. That may be the case with age and death risk from coronavirus. Statistics I have seen suggest that older people who contract coronavirus have a greater probability of dying than younger people. I have also seen statistics which suggest that the vast majority of fatalities of all ages have had at least one serious pre existing condition; on average 3 or 4. Older people are much more likely to have such underlying conditions, and are therefore more likely to succomb. But is age or underlying conditions the primary risk factor? Everything I have seen would suggest the latter. That older people are only statistically more vulnerable because they are more likely to have existing health issues. In which case, it is not older people (if anyone) who should be dissuaded from cruising, but people of any age with existing health issues .

Surely everything you said can be attributed to any illness or disease. The older or the more existing health issues a person has makes them more susceptible to succumbing to any illness

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Surely everything you said can be attributed to any illness or disease. The older or the more existing health issues a person has makes them more susceptible to succumbing to any illness

Avril 

It certainly takes the older bodies a lot longer to recover from anything, assuming recovery is even possible!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It certainly takes the older bodies a lot longer to recover from anything, assuming recovery is even possible!!!

That's what I have been telling DW for a few years.

13 minutes ago, zap99 said:

That's what I have been telling DW for a few years.

And you're  still in one piece? I admire your DW's restraint.😉

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

Sorry you missunderstood. That excuse was mine😂

Oh, sorry. That's ok then. You're allowed to call yourself old. Ladies of a certain age are 'mature', and knowing your sense of humour zap  I'll stress that I mean as in  wine,  not cheese. 😁

Avril 

• Haha 1