14 day quarantine?

bones774

hi, planning my first H cruise for Dec/20, a Norway coastal voyage. it's still awhile off but deposit is due and then shortly full payment.

Called H and they didn't/couldn't answer my q. If Norway institutes a 14 day quarantine I will not do that prior to cruise, much too costly, so in that event I will cancel though I have no doubt the cruise will happen since it is part of their ferry life support system.

where does that leave me?

thanks

Hurtigruten does not know how the situation is developing and what requirements there may be for December - the requirements are set by the Norwegian health authorities.  On 15 July, there will be new guidelines for entry into Norway.  The rules largely depend on from which countries you enter Norway.

Expected that most Europeans can enter Norway by next week.

1 hour ago, bones774 said:

hi, planning my first H cruise for Dec/20, a Norway coastal voyage. it's still awhile off but deposit is due and then shortly full payment.

Called H and they didn't/couldn't answer my q. If Norway institutes a 14 day quarantine I will not do that prior to cruise, much too costly, so in that event I will cancel though I have no doubt the cruise will happen since it is part of their ferry life support system.

where does that leave me?

thanks

I'm in USA, could be a problem. in the meantime I have non ref (I think) monies due July 14.

thanks

5 hours ago, bones774 said:

I'm in USA, could be a problem. in the meantime I have non ref (I think) monies due July 14.

thanks

I would cancel and re-book later.  IF you did go and got sick, COVID or other mishap, would your health insurance cover you?

I plan to do a H cruise to see the Northern lights.  However, until our Canadian government says we can travel o/s Canada, I can't since my provincial and private health insurance will not cover me.  

10 hours ago, peppajay said:

If you ask to rebook at a later date they may not charge you. This is what I did.

they probably won't charge but the great deal I have now may not be offered at that time.

I have an email into my cruise consultant, awaiting response and then I'll have written confirm of whatever he says, been some days now though.

thanks

We are set to cruise on October 15 with our final payment approaching.  We are being told we’ll lose our deposit if the final payment is not made or, pay the total then be eligible to rebook if US citizens are not allowed entrance.  We are currently trying to move our deposit and reschedule for 2021 but have not heard back. We are trying to be patient as this is such a strange time.
As a healthcare worker in NC, I’m heartbroken by what is happening. We need to be safe, take care of each other and dream of beautiful places far from our sofas!

1 hour ago, Travel2? said:

We are set to cruise on October 15 with our final payment approaching.  We are being told we’ll lose our deposit if the final payment is not made or, pay the total then be eligible to rebook if US citizens are not allowed entrance.  We are currently trying to move our deposit and reschedule for 2021 but have not heard back. We are trying to be patient as this is such a strange time.
As a healthcare worker in NC, I’m heartbroken by what is happening. We need to be safe, take care of each other and dream of beautiful places far from our sofas!

Try writing their CEO.

8 hours ago, Travel2? said:

but have not heard back.

Who did you contact and when? Assuming booking Coastal Voyage - they are expected to be fully operational by October but with reduced number of guests - but if you as US citizens are not allowed entry into Norway you will off cause be eligible to a reschedule into 2021 - probably you need to pay in full.

• Like 1

I am a solo and the deal is very good, no s/s, discounted cruise fare and 1k flight credit, even upgraded my cabin for free.

I doubt I will get anything like this next year. if I cancel I'll be paying a lot more in future. it's almost like they know it and it's their game plan

Just got an email stating #250 pp deposit reqd, i'm a single and they were asking $500 unless this is a special and it goes on to say that paying full deposit gives me $100 obc. gonna call and see how it applies to solo. anybody else?

1 hour ago, bones774 said:

Just got an email stating #250 pp deposit reqd, i'm a single and they were asking $500 unless this is a special and it goes on to say that paying full deposit gives me $100 obc. gonna call and see how it applies to solo. anybody else?

Sounds like a good deal. Hurtigruten seems to have a policy right now to attract as many solo passengers as possible.

Just a word of caution: I sincerely hope things will straighten out in regard to Covid-19 and quarantine or entry problems - did they also give you the right to cancel and re-book again for a later date if citizens of some countries are still denied entry into Norway?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a snippet of information to show how quickly the situation changes in these uncertain times: I have just read that Norway has just tightened their restrictions again in regard to Spain where Corona cases have been rising in Barcelona and the coast again (have tripled in Barcelona these last days). Persons arriving now from Spain face a 14-day quarantine again befor being allowed to enter the country because the country is red-listed again.

23 hours ago, bones774 said:

Yes, Norway is very pro-active and i've been returning to their site every few days to keep abreast.

Thanks for the update.

What is the site you check? I’d be interested in following it. Thanks!

2 hours ago, janetcbl said:

What is the site you check? I’d be interested in following it. Thanks!

just type in Norway corona restrictions and you will be directed to official Norway health site