Parent Corp RCCL changes name to RCG and new logo

TeeRick

My initial thought was that there are a lot of dumb investors who might want to dump "cruise stocks" and RC "Group" might not be as immediately obvious it's a cruise line holding. 😛 

Just to be clear, I sold my RCL stock a long time ago and I'm not saying it's dumb to want to avoid travel stocks for now, just that you'd have to be really dumb if the name of RCL changes whether or not you sell it. 😉 

On 7/11/2020 at 4:50 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

I

I have no knowledge of how profitable Azamara are. I know they've turned it round and are making money, but how much and if it's enough for Royal is another question. There are many of those at the moment in a fast developing situation. 

Phil 

With just three little 700 passenger ships no one except Jason Liberty (RCG CFO) knows whether Azamara makes any money, even without Covid.  

On 7/11/2020 at 11:11 AM, Denny01 said:

Royal Caribbean Group - RCG - seems much better since many of us, especially me, kept forgetting ‘is it RCCL or RCL’ for the one Line and the other the overall Corp??

And I was wrong anyway. The Line is Royal Caribbean International (RCI) not what I thought as RC Line (RCL) and the Corp was RC Cruises Ltd, not RC Cruises Lines as i thought.  

‘’I’m so glad that was all cleared up.....until someone explains I’m all wrong!

Den 

You wrote what I was thinking!  I know there is a difference in all these (though don't test me) which I've pointed out to others different times.  Whenever I hear news stories I always have to check, is this about the cruise line RCI or the overall umbrella representing all, like the recent announcement of 'Royal Caribbean' teaming up with NCL to create COVID safety standards.

All that said, not sure RCG will change that if people just say Royal Caribbean 🙂

22 hours ago, nycruiser80 said:

I have been thinking about how NCL and Royal Caribbean teamed up with the health task force they created. Now with this name change for the parent company of Royal Caribbean, I am wondering if they are considering joining forces with the NCL group (NCL, Oceania, Regent). In my short time as an executive assistant to the CEO of a non-profit company, I was there for a merger and before we merged we created a new name and logo for our company and then proceeded with the merger.

This is of course  is speculation, but I could see both lines shedding older tonnage and Royal Caribbean merging with NCL as they both have ships which offer wow factors (especially NCL's newer ships). Azamara could merge with Oceania since they are both a similar line with sister ships held over from Renaissance Cruises  (both Azamara and Oceania are not luxury lines, they are deluxe and do not directly compete with Regent and Silversea), then I could see them merging Regent and Silversea into one brand. Just a thought not trying to start rumors but this has crossed my mind lately.

You hit the nail on the head. Maybe you work in the industry or don't but I do some part time consulting work with strategic firms some that are currently servicing cruise lines and you are not far off. All options are on the table now. I have been reading these boards for some time now but decided to join as I do like cruising too and I also see some of the behind the scenes in the work I do. Can't say much because of what I do but know that these cruise lines are hurting very much and are looking at all options at this point. Which means merges and acquisitions will be the rule not the exception. This example maybe be playing out in the boardroom.   

Edited by Sail20

7 minutes ago, Sail20 said:

Can't say much because of what I do but know that these cruise lines are hurting very much and are looking at all options at this point.

I mean no disrespect but you don't have to be in the behinds-the-scenes know to figure this one out.  Yours is not the first post I've read from someone who says they have inside information they can't reveal.  Wish you (they, anyone) could give us more.  But I understand...

Congratulations on your first post! 🙂

• Like 1

Changing company names? This is the type of stuff consultants come up with and

consider it "positive" action. All they've done is throw 50 years of maritime history right down the toidy. Royal Caribbean as one of the originators of modern cruising. You would think they would want to emphasize that proud history. RCG might as well be making mufflers.

Or unless the lawyers are planning some legal and financial reorganization subterfuge such as "RCL" was legally responsible for that and "RCG" is a new corporation and "RCL" shareholders get bupkus.

Long live Royal Caribbean - Song of Norway, Nordic Prince, Sun Viking, Song of America, Viking Serenade.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sail20 said:

You hit the nail on the head. Maybe you work in the industry or don't but I do some part time consulting work with strategic firms some that are currently servicing cruise lines and you are not far off. All options are on the table now. I have been reading these boards for some time now but decided to join as I do like cruising too and I also see some of the behind the scenes in the work I do. Can't say much because of what I do but know that these cruise lines are hurting very much and are looking at all options at this point. Which means merges and acquisitions will be the rule not the exception. This example maybe be playing out in the boardroom.   

No, I don't work in the industry. I was a travel agent years ago and love to cruise other than that I was just speculating. I wish you could tell us more!