Princess cruises Feb Australia

10 hours ago, Pippawhipper1 said:

Hi

Trying to delay my Australia cruise from Nov till Feb March but it's not showing any sailings any one else been looking and what does this mean

Thanks in advance

Are you looking at a specific cruise line?

4 minutes ago, Pippawhipper1 said:

Spoken to the travel agent and they have taken off sale for the time being.

Good luck with it all, hope you do it one day.   Are P&O UK ships like Arcadia still doing their World cruise ex Southampton in 2021? We did the half 'Worldie' on Arcadia in 2012, Sydney to Southampton via Africa - 49 days from memory. Great adventure. If you have the time, there is a suggestion for you. You would do a few Aussie ports, know we stopped at Melbourne, Adelaide, Fremantle before heading up to Asia.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

I have a cruise booked for Feb 21 for my 60th, I doubt very much we will even have any  cruise ships here early next year...Think  I need a good plan b😀

Which Cruiseline, ship and where from and to?  You may be lucky. Plan B, get in your car and do a road trip.  Above all, enjoy.

Edited by NSWP

32 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Which Cruiseline, ship and where from and to?  You may be lucky. Plan B, get in your car and do a road trip.  Above all, enjoy.

The cruise is on Sun Princess out of Brisbane to Tasmania leaving Feb 8th😀

My plan b may be Norfolk island if there are flights there.

10 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

The cruise is on Sun Princess out of Brisbane to Tasmania leaving Feb 8th😀

My plan b may be Norfolk island if there are flights there.

Norfolk island would be financially suffering during the pandemic.

6 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Norfolk island would be financially suffering during the pandemic.

They were struggling before the pandemic too, or so they said.  Visitor numbers were way down from the halycon days. We were there for 10 days in October 2002, actually we there when the Bali Bombings happened in Kuta.  Back then Norfolk Island Tourism was thriving and most of the hotel and tour operators were descendants of the original settlers who were flicked from Pitcairn Island.  Those families had the tourist game sewn up in Norfolk Island.

Edited by NSWP

We were concerned reading your post. We have booked for  March 2021 Northern Explorer on Sapphire and have , as yet heard nothing from Princess. Have delayed booking flights , hotels and ground transportation till things are slightly more stable.

However, checked out Princess.com and cruises are still showing on UK Princess site for Australia, Spring 2021.

I am not convinced we will be allowed into Australia or if cruises will have restarted by then, but it would be easier to know sooner rather than later.

Very unsure what we will do when it comes to final payment as we waited 96 days for our March 2020 cruise to be refunded.

Just following up on ANY news !!!!!

Reiner, I am also of the opinion that Australia will not allow foreigners into Australia for a long time. So even if the cruise goes ahead, I do not think you will be able to join it. Mainly because of the Ruby Princess incident in which the cases of COVID-19 were most probably brought in by OS passengers.  And as our country is not that reliant on tourism, and Australians can holiday here instead of going OS, I don't think the gov cares too much about allowing people from OS to holiday here for the economy, as say parts of Europe are.

By the time final payment comes around for that cruise, Reina del Mar, hopefully there will be a clearer picture of what is happening with cruising here. 

I'm booked on the Sapphire Round Australia cruise that is due to embark in September. Final payment is next week. I can't see it happening and, with the current situations in Melbourne and Sydney, it is definitely too soon to feel comfortable about cruising. I expected Princess would have cancelled that cruise by now but I'll be cancelling on Monday if they don't.

3 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Just following up on ANY news !!!!!

There's not really any news, as even the Australian authorities are playing it by ear. Nobody really knows what will happen, except that things are not looking at all good for international travel in the short or long term.

I think an informed opinion would be that there is very little to no chance of any cruising in Oz before the last quarter of 2021. Even then every thing will have to go very well with regards to the virus for that to happen. I see early 2022 as much more likely.

We just got a reminder email that our final payment is due the beginning of August for our Feb. Princess cruise to Tasmania. 

At the time of booking which was last year it didn't bother us that it had an early final payment, but it does now. We are still waiting for $14000.00 back from our cancelled Europe cruise package in May.

Norfolk island is looking like a good option 🙂

5 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

We just got a reminder email that our final payment is due the beginning of August for our Feb. Princess cruise to Tasmania. 

At the time of booking which was last year it didn't bother us that it had an early final payment, but it does now. We are still waiting for $14000.00 back from our cancelled Europe cruise package in May.

Norfolk island is looking like a good option 🙂

I would be ringing up and seeing if final payment can be delayed.

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes I'm going to give that a go. I hope the guru is happy to work with the crazy situation we have all found ourselves in.

4 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

Yes I'm going to give that a go. I hope the guru is happy to work with the crazy situation we have all found ourselves in.

Let us know how you go. But based on the email sent last week that they want to charge the customer cancellation fees when the supplier cancels, it doesn't appear that is the case. They don't mention that is despite them already being paid commission. Poor form.

Edited by The_Big_M

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Hi is this the Sea princess on the 10th Feb if so I have just booked this I transferred a booking from Nov this year 

I have to pay in Oct but they did say it might be later.

Hold out even for a couple of weeks