Questions for Cigar Smokers (NCL Escape)

lizwil10

Hi there! 

I understand that Escape no longer has a cigar lounge for smokers. I'm wondering if they sell cigars at the Tobacco Road bar? Also, does anyone have pictures of the smoking area that's attached to Spice H20? Thanks! We have a cruise booked for February 2021 that I hope will actually happen!

12 minutes ago, 98420934 said:

Oh, that's a shame to hear. I really enjoyed the cigar lounge on the Encore (and there was a decent selection available for purchase).

I'm not 100% sure that's the case. But all of searches I've done on the NCL boards seem to say so 😞 

13 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

If there is a Cigar Lounge, then cigar smoking are allowed, and on some ships cigarette smoking is NOT allowed in the Cigar Lounge.

really ? i have never experienced anyone not being able to smoke reg cigarette in the cigar lounge.  (my dad smokes)

On Bliss last year (April 2019):

image.thumb.png.081fafd25597a29b146eb8f7b2ef3430.png

And also on the Encore - there is a separate cigarette smoking lounge - enclosed - on the Waterfront, and a separate Cigar Lounge.

image.thumb.png.23f7add1e0144cf8fbf7ea7c76eea79f.png

image.thumb.png.af7514507b7be1ba777409f0e63b2676.png

As a non-smoker I do like the smell of cigar smoking so I sometimes would go in the Cigar Lounge to take a whiff or two of the aroma.

3 hours ago, seaman11 said:

really ? i have never experienced anyone not being able to smoke reg cigarette in the cigar lounge.  (my dad smokes)

Norwegian Joy - no cigarettes in the cigar lounge. The only place to smoke cigarettes is a small section of the Spice H20 on the aft deck. 

image.thumb.png.a69340d8eb6d20822c1ce806fa0b5345.png

image.thumb.png.3027cfe5493581cd2e83f7ba24b963a0.png

On 7/12/2020 at 5:44 PM, bluesea777 said:

On Bliss last year (April 2019):

image.thumb.png.081fafd25597a29b146eb8f7b2ef3430.png

And also on the Encore - there is a separate cigarette smoking lounge - enclosed - on the Waterfront, and a separate Cigar Lounge.

image.thumb.png.23f7add1e0144cf8fbf7ea7c76eea79f.png

image.thumb.png.af7514507b7be1ba777409f0e63b2676.png

As a non-smoker I do like the smell of cigar smoking so I sometimes would go in the Cigar Lounge to take a whiff or two of the aroma.

It's so funny you say that! I'm the same way. I'm a non smoker and really don't mind cigar smoke either.

My last trip was on the Gem “Holiday Cruise” in December 2019. The cigar lounge was always filled with cigarette smokers. And most of them were older lady’s. I didn’t bother going in for a cigar, which was disappointing. A room filled with cigarette smoke is very different than a room filled with cigar smoke. Cigar smokers go to enjoy the aroma and complexity of a good cigar and to relax. Cigarette smokers go in to rush a quick smoke and satisfy their addiction. My next trip is on the Escape. I hope the lounge is off limits to the cigarette smokers, or I will not go. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, copper004 said:

My last trip was on the Gem “Holiday Cruise” in December 2019. The cigar lounge was always filled with cigarette smokers. And most of them were older lady’s. I didn’t bother going in for a cigar, which was disappointing. A room filled with cigarette smoke is very different than a room filled with cigar smoke. Cigar smokers go to enjoy the aroma and complexity of a good cigar and to relax. Cigarette smokers go in to rush a quick smoke and satisfy their addiction. My next trip is on the Escape. I hope the lounge is off limits to the cigarette smokers, or I will not go. 

That's good to know!

I didn't even think about cigarette smell.  I could see how that would crowd the cigar lounge. I'm a non smoker but I feel like there should be more options for people to smoke on cruise ships. They're still paying, and they're not second class citizens for goodness sakes.