Top Shelf Liquor Menu and Costs

Sea Dog

First time looking into Sea Dream. I understand that most cocktails are included in your fare but that there is a top shelf liquor menu and at additional cost. Any one have a screen shot of that menu that I could see? I'm curious to what whiskey, bourbon and cognac are on that menu and approximate costs. Thank you for helping me out as I could not find any information on their website.

Just got home for 1 week on Seadream II. Unfortunately I only took picture of page 1 of the champagne menu (attached), not the liquors menu... If I recall correctly the non-included liquors were starting at 10$  / 4 cl. I was positively surprised to find out menu price was final price, no tax or service fee added on top. The selection of liquor that is included was pretty nice, all big international brands, no weird Eastern European specialities, so I didn't opt for the top shelf.  

IMG_20200704_145950.jpg

On 7/13/2020 at 6:06 PM, Sea Dog said:

@TuomasV Thank you. I am interested in good champagne but more importantly my love for good bourbon's and whiskeys. 

I had a little help from my minions, here you are! I am pretty sure there were more luxuroius items available "under the shelf", but they were not listed anywhere. 

115848894_580336942610113_6967626200599887350_n.jpg

109972954_569650233712054_4491159089304814616_n.jpg

115927246_312438626798219_973960465793119237_n.jpg

Thank you for your effort. Scotch seems to get all the love over bourbon. It's interesting as more and more people have gotten into bourbon. Bourbon is now the "new wine," among a lot of  ages. I would love to see it be reflective in availability on cruise ships. They do have some decent cognac. Love that they have the Louis and the Remy XO. I don't care for VSOP's. Again thank you so much. If anyone else has experience with bourbon brands on board please chime in.

I'll start by saying we have no Idea what SD will be like once US citizens are allowed onboard in the various regions we love to sail but will say that in the past, once booked, I have been able to call SD and ask for special liquors.  We normally "get by" with Jack when traveling but always love something new.🥃

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I'll start by saying we have no Idea what SD will be like once US citizens are allowed onboard in the various regions

I agree! We ended up doing a "Lift & Sift" on our October Royal Caribbean to November of '21. Looking to do a SD in between. I think having a cruise with less passengers will be a good way to get back into it. I really like their itinerary to BVI and Jost Van Dyke. The Soggy Dollar Bar and White Bay have been on my bucket list for a long time.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, Sea Dog said:

I agree! We ended up doing a "Lift & Sift" on our October Royal Caribbean to November of '21. Looking to do a SD in between. I think having a cruise with less passengers will be a good way to get back into it. I really like their itinerary to BVI and Jost Van Dyke. The Soggy Dollar Bar and White Bay have been on my bucket list for a long time.

Jost is our favorite stop in the Caribbean.  Nicely rebuilt after the hurricane with improvements to the Soggy Dollar and a couple of new additions.  As to the Bourbons, as noted our go to is Jack but we were also able to get Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, and Knob Creek.  Not sure of the pricing as we had the included beverage package but normally Viking bar charges are reasonable for what you get. 🥃

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/13/2020 at 7:38 AM, TuomasV said:

Just got home for 1 week on Seadream II. Unfortunately I only took picture of page 1 of the champagne menu (attached), not the liquors menu... If I recall correctly the non-included liquors were starting at 10$  / 4 cl. I was positively surprised to find out menu price was final price, no tax or service fee added on top. The selection of liquor that is included was pretty nice, all big international brands, no weird Eastern European specialities, so I didn't opt for the top shelf.  

IMG_20200704_145950.jpg

I just have one question for anyone who buys the Dom Perignon Rosé:  will you adopt me?

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2022 at 3:55 PM, scamper said:

I wonder why they don't offer bourbon?  Or did I miss it on the list?  

PS: Jack Daniels is NOT bourbon.

I recently returned from SD2 and can confirm that Makers Mark was the standard pour. That being said, they kept running out of it at various bars and then out of it completely towards the end. Frustratingly, they only offered a lesser non-bourbon pour (I think it was Jack Daniels) but would upcharge ~$10 per shot of Woodford Reserve when a bottle of Woodford costs only a few dollars more than Makers retail. This was disappointing and not what one would expect from a premium line with otherwise exceptional service. 

• Like 1