Admit Your Worst Cruise Ship Rip-Off Nightmare

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Gulmohar's Whiskey Paradise. The only place I've ever seen the whole Blanton's series. They also had a Pappy Van Winkle 20yr for $2,500 and Pappy 15yr for $2,000. A little too pricey for me.

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

Yes!!!!  This is the place!!!  😁😁

• Like 2

My husband and I purchased the drink package.  We thought we could make our own wine tasting experience at Vintages by pouring small samples from the dispensing machines under the $13 drink package max.  Several samples each later, each costing between $11 and $13 dollars, we discovered the dispensing machines are not included in the drink package.  Not a huge amount but a waste since the drink package is already spendy.  

On 7/19/2020 at 12:24 PM, Seville2Cabo said:

Isn’t a watch battery about $10?  Why not just get a new watch?

Most of these $10 watches use a #377 battery, which is the same as an AG4, which I can buy five for $0.99  CDN (about $.74US). So if you can replace the battery yourself, which is very easy to do, it cost $0.15US.

P7210212.JPG

On 7/19/2020 at 11:27 AM, molsonschooner said:

I bought a $10 watch 6 years ago. I only wear it on cruises. Just change the batteries, still works great

I've had my  $10 BT bought on ship watch, which I got as a back up and now wear regularly on cruises only, for over 10 years.

It also still works fine also with a few battery changes although it hasn't been used much recently.  😏

CIMG1433a.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

On 7/13/2020 at 4:06 PM, FOXTROT said:

Several years ago Wife' & I decided to finally get her a nice diamond ring. We went to Milano's on St. Thomas. Picked out a beautiful diamond & ring. While they set the diamond they sent us out for lunch. THEY SWITCHED EVERYTHING UP ON US. When we got home & got the ring appraised, first two appraisers said this is not the ring you bought. Long story short, they say Royal stands behind your purchase. Royal Caribbean DOES NOT stand behind the purchase. All the shops on board & shopping guides work for Royal Media not Royal Caribbean.

We finally got RCL involved after writing Michael Bailey several emails. Thank goodness we were two cruises away from turning Pinnacle. It took RCL, credit card company & having to pay for an appraisal from a gemologist to get a refund.  

PS bought Wife' a ring locally, larger diamond, better ring & a little cheaper. Moral of story: if you like something beware before buying it. 

We had something similar.  We were on Athem of the Seas a few years ago and my wife saw some beautiful yellow diamond earrings in the ships store.  We were about to buy them, we the daughter from Kallatti jewellers who was doing a Trunk show told my wife she’d have a better pair made for at the same price.  My wife was very happy and anxiously waited for her earrings.  Suffice it to say, it took several months to get the earrings.  They were a very inferior product to what was on ship.  It took us another six months of arguing and threatening to get our money back.  We’ll never deal with Kallati again.

We were in Maui several years ago and wanted to go to a beach.  We found a taxi next to our ship and the driver told us the beach was pretty far away and that it would cost $60.  There were 4 of us, and so we asked another couple if they'd be interested in joining us, which they did.  Sure enough, it was a pretty long ride to the beach.  He gave us his phone number to call when we were ready to leave, and he'd come back for us.  While on the beach, we saw a bus drive by, and after talking to a local there, we were told the bus only costs about $1 or $2 and that it was about a 10 minute ride back to the ship.  We got on the bus, and then called the taxi guy, telling him we were ready for him to come pick us up....😁

• Like 1