Can I “fire” my TA?

I have a TA who is a friend of a a friends friend. She does not work for Carnival. I do all the work, I’ve gone as far as booking my own cruises and texting her the info and the PIN number to take over. However, she isn’t doing anything to help me reschedule my cruises and when my OBC isn’t showing up she just says “Oh well, I guess it got lost in the switches” but doesn’t try to find it. I’m just supposed to do without. We’re talking a couple hundred OBC dollars being “lost” 

Suggestions? 

You can ask her to notify Carnival that she is turning the booking over to you.

If she refuses then call Carnival and explain why you want the booking back.  Depending on circumstances you might end up on a three-way call.

A good TA and a good PVP can be terrific helps.  Unfortunately a mediocre one can cost you time and/or money.

59 minutes ago, jwildflower1981 said:

I have a TA who is a friend of a a friends friend. She does not work for Carnival. I do all the work, I’ve gone as far as booking my own cruises and texting her the info and the PIN number to take over. However, she isn’t doing anything to help me reschedule my cruises and when my OBC isn’t showing up she just says “Oh well, I guess it got lost in the switches” but doesn’t try to find it. I’m just supposed to do without. We’re talking a couple hundred OBC dollars being “lost” 

Suggestions? 

You can "fire" your TA

Call Carnival and they will provide you with a means for taking the booking back from the TA and move it to directly with Carnival.

Ive had to do it 2x. Once with a friend of a friend for a celebrity cruise. I did everything and gave her the booking to be nice plus she claimed she could get me all these freebies. I am Elite and get free happy hour drinks 5-7. When I got back, she said "how'd you like all your free drinks during happy hour- that was on me!!". She was on another booking that I called RCCL to have her removed. 2nd time was recently with a big box online who majorly screwed up my 4/27 COVID19 cancellation. I had them easily removed by calling Carnival. 

I really think it's awful when a friend will use your good nature for booking so they get a sale. I know they aren't all like that but its just wrong.

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Ive had to do it 2x. Once with a friend of a friend for a celebrity cruise. I did everything and gave her the booking to be nice plus she claimed she could get me all these freebies. I am Elite and get free happy hour drinks 5-7. When I got back, she said "how'd you like all your free drinks during happy hour- that was on me!!".

"and how about that free food in the MDR?   That was on me too!"     😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a fantastic TA who always saves me money.  I do most of my own research because I cruise on several cruise lines, and go on longer cruises. My TA does let me know if she finds a good deal on a cruise that she thinks I might enjoy.  But I use her because she saves me money, gives me OBC, and other perks. Friends used her for an inside room, and she saved them money and gave them OBC.  And what is real money.  $50 off a 7 day cruise for an inside is money in my pocket.  Cruise line will not do that for you.  Try some of the medium size cruise agents.  I used to have 3 companies who I would ask to quote prices for a cruise. 

8 hours ago, jwildflower1981 said:

Suggestions? 

Don't ever use her again or recommend her to others. . 

Edited by davekathy

How do you find a good TA?

Mine called me accidentally when I was in clinic. He asked me for the phone number of the person he was trying to reach. In the middle of me looking it up for him, he hung up on me. I was PO'ed. He bothered me in between me seeing patients and had the audacity to hung up on me when I tried to help him. FML. 

I found mine via a compete site.

She was not the cheapest, but I just clicked with her email.

She monitors price drops and processes them without me having to do anything.  She gives me nice OBC, and is overall helpful.

Too bad I cannot tell you who she is.    But then again, I don't want her to be swamped and not provide with the service level I am getting.

You just have to try and see.  But part of it is deciding what YOU want.  If you want the absolute lowest price, you are not going to get as high a level of service.  Me, I prefer nice perks, but SUPERB service.