Hawaii in Late November

StevenLucia

If it's on Nov. 28, we're on it also. At this point I doubt it will go-----but like you I'm not positive of that. It will hurt a bit next month to fork over the full payment with the doubts in our mind. We know we'll eventually receive the payment back if the cruise is cancelled (we've had 4 cancelled this year and gotten every penny back--although it took about 3 months for each), but the feeling that we're "loaning" Carnival our money persists!

1 hour ago, chocolate melting cake said:

If it's on Nov. 28, we're on it also. At this point I doubt it will go-----but like you I'm not positive of that. It will hurt a bit next month to fork over the full payment with the doubts in our mind. We know we'll eventually receive the payment back if the cruise is cancelled (we've had 4 cancelled this year and gotten every penny back--although it took about 3 months for each), but the feeling that we're "loaning" Carnival our money persists!

Why do you keep requesting the money back if you are going to book other cruises?  Just have them apply the money that you paid to a new cruise instead.

We were on the November 28, 2020 out of San Diego to Hawaii but opted to move to November 27, 2021.  I got the exact same cabin and will shoot for the same hotels I cancelled.  Praying 2021 will be much safer than 2020.  This year sucks and at our age we are not gonna chance it.

1 hour ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Why do you keep requesting the money back if you are going to book other cruises?  Just have them apply the money that you paid to a new cruise instead.

I suspect these are refunds for cruises they already had booked prior to the covid cancellations and they are very wisely getting their money back and putting it in the bank.

• Like 1

Yep, we're waiting for word on that one too.  I don't think it will sail, and hope they cancel before final payment is due.  But I keep on telling myself I'm not going to think about it until August.  We were going early to hang out in San Diego.  I'm glad we didn't book flights or rooms.  I'm usually one of those who do that really early, but I put my cruise buddy in charge of the airbnb and he's a procrastinator.  

Edited by naxer

16 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I suspect these are refunds for cruises they already had booked prior to the covid cancellations and they are very wisely getting their money back and putting it in the bank.

But they stated that they have to “fork over a payment next month” for the Hawaii cruise. I guess I’m not understanding why they didn’t apply funds from any of the cancelled cruises to the Hawaii cruise. Missing out on the OBC.

I would hate to be on the ship bound for Hawaii and one or several people came down with the rona.  I dont think Hawaii will let them port.  Then what does the ship do? Turn around?  There is nowhere else to go.  14 day cruise to nowhere with a boatload of angry people.  

We had a cruise booked for Tahiti on a different cruise line and I just saw that you had to be tested 72 hours prior to flying and have to wear masks, etc.  We are cancelling because it does not sound like a vacation with all these rules.

• Like 2