Thermal Suite thoughts going forward

vswan

I have a couple of cruises booked for late January/early February 2021. At this point they will probably not happen, but started thinking about what I would like to use my OBC for. I have in the past bid on some of the spa balconies, etc. and would love to use the sauna and private pool area, etc., but am thinking these areas may not even be open in the future. Not sure how safe social distancing would work in a sauna, or with a roof over the pool area. Any thoughts on this?

What has been the cost for a 7 day on the Getaway - know that can change. Not showing anything online at this point.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

European return to sailing guidelines would prohibit indoor pools like the hydrotherapy pools. Social distancing with masks would be hard in the saunas, steamrooms, and salt baths. That leaves the loungers. 

I saw that information about the European return as well. We have a thermal suite on our December 12, 2020 Encore Cruise and if the thermal spa hydro pool is closed, that is a deal breaker for us, we will cancel the cruise. Our final payment is due 8-14 and I will be calling to extend the due date until October before I give them my final payment. So far, all I have paid is the $100 deposit. If they won’t extend the due date to see what the restrictions will be and if it even sails, we will just cancel. 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:29 PM, Noworkforme23 said:

I saw that information about the European return as well. We have a thermal suite on our December 12, 2020 Encore Cruise and if the thermal spa hydro pool is closed, that is a deal breaker for us, we will cancel the cruise. Our final payment is due 8-14 and I will be calling to extend the due date until October before I give them my final payment. So far, all I have paid is the $100 deposit. If they won’t extend the due date to see what the restrictions will be and if it even sails, we will just cancel. 

We have a cruise booked for December 6, 2020 - Final Payment due in August - totally agree that if the thermal spa is closed - pretty much a deal breaker -

You mentioned that you will be calling to extend the due date - is that possible ???  I have never heard of that

Thank you 

I tried today to extend to October. Was advised they are not authorized to extend due date. I Will just cancel before due date and get my $100 back. The possibility it won’t cruise and limitations in Thermal Spa is not worth it. Going to spend my money at Loews Miami Hotel instead since I already paid for our flight to Miami. 

• Like 1