COVID High Risk Countries per a Dr's office visit..

Yesterday I had a Doctor's appointment and as a new patient to the office I requested to fill out an onslaught of forms. You know the usual stuff but also included was a 'new to us' form regarding Covid. My wife accompanied me and as avid cruisers we found this one form to be interesting. I wish I could post an image of the questionaire but alas, I can't. So i'll transcribe.

1. Have you been exposed to someone who has traveled to any high-risk areas or countries in the past 20 days?     Yes or No

High Risk Countries

*  Cruise Ships

*  Iran

*  United Kingdom

*  China

*  Ireland

*  Brazil

*  Most European Countries

My wife & I literally laughed out loud. For we have had to cancel a cruise to the Greek Isles. We have since scheduled a future cruise to the British Isles via Amsterdam. 

Ireland 🇮🇪 😳😳

Over the last 5 days we’ve averaged 20 cases a day. Out of a population of over 5m that’s not bad.
A big worry here at the moment is people flying into the country and not self isolating. Our government don’t seem to think it’s possible to enforce despite other countries doing it. They’d find a way, if they weren’t so interested in the money tourists spend here. 

It sounds like they printed that a few weeks ago. 

Every provider form I have seen just simply asks :  "Have you traveled outside the country in the past ____ weeks?  "

It is ridiculous to list specific countries as that is changing all the time. 

The current highest risk countries are: 

Brazil

USA

Mexico

India

Colombia 

Iran

Peru

Russia

South Africa 

Iraq

The UK is the only European country in the top 20 at the moment. 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new-cases

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Well he lives in Texas which is a hot spot right now.

I guess there might have been another list of other high risk areas but good luck keeping that list up to date.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why would they list USA if they were in USA and Texas?

That's the point that I was trying to make that didn't come across in my post.  Also that form was probably set up at the beginning of the pandemic.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I hard the S.S. Minnow was going to re-start some of its three hour tours.... what could possibly go wrong.

I'd be the first to book...would finally love to meet Ginger and Mary Anne. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went for a dermatology appointment a week ago.  One of the questions she asked me as screening:

"Have you been on a cruise ship in the last two weeks?"   

I looked at her like she had grown another head.  😮😉 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I went for a dermatology appointment a week ago.  One of the questions she asked me as screening:

"Have you been on a cruise ship in the last two weeks?"   

I looked at her like she had grown another head.  😮😉 

Unfortunately, I think it’s the form that Florida first released. I’m sure after those offices finish up that supply of printed paper, there will be a new form without the cruise question. But it should be a warning, it seemed to be loud and clear , in the early days, cruise Ships had an issue. All the news about crew getting home too. 

• Like 1

With states now requesting that visitors from specific hot-spot states quarantine, including a question that names those states is far more relevant IMHO. 

Ohio is on the naughty list for NY, NJ & CT. We returned there from NC & VA 10 days ago. We had planned a visit to DD & family in the Charleston SC area, another hot-spot, but DGS came home from his job with a fever/chills and fatigue a few days prior to our scheduled arrival so we opted to head home. He was + but no one else in the immediate family contracted C-19. Luckily he had mild symptoms, though we were very worried since he is Type 1, and is out of quarantine.

When DH went to the Apple store last week, he was required to complete a similar questionnaire to the OP's and had his temp taken before he could enter.

5 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I hard the S.S. Minnow was going to re-start some of its three hour tours.... what could possibly go wrong.

I’ll pass because the professor lacks practical experience and knowledge.  He knows how to turn a coconut into a transistor radio but can’t fix a hole at the bottom of a boat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

With states now requesting that visitors from specific hot-spot states quarantine, including a question that names those states is far more relevant IMHO. 

Ohio is on the naughty list for NY, NJ & CT. We returned there from NC & VA 10 days ago. We had planned a visit to DD & family in the Charleston SC area, another hot-spot, but DGS came home from his job with a fever/chills and fatigue a few days prior to our scheduled arrival so we opted to head home. He was + but no one else in the immediate family contracted C-19. Luckily he had mild symptoms, though we were very worried since he is Type 1, and is out of quarantine.

When DH went to the Apple store last week, he was required to complete a similar questionnaire to the OP's and had his temp taken before he could enter.

I guess I don't understand any of the abreviaions like DD,OP,DH,DGS.  What do they stand for?

1 minute ago, Ysya said:

I guess I don't understand any of the abreviaions like DD,OP,DH,DGS.  What do they stand for?

Forum abbreviations DD (dear daughter), OP (original poster), DH (dear husband), DGS (dear grandson). Others are DW (dear wife), DS (dear son), DGD (dear granddaughter), DDiL (dear daughter-in-law), DSiL (could be dear sister-in-law or dear son-in-law), DBiL (,dear brother-in-law), etc.