Regal Princess last minute price drop

drsel

Kindly tell me

1. How are the obstructed view balconies right in front (facing forward) on the higher decks?

2. How many days prior to sailing is the final payment date?

3. What are the chances of a last minute price drop on Regal Princess after this final payment date?

Especially for Cruises later this year.

6 hours ago, drsel said:

Kindly tell me

1. How are the obstructed view balconies right in front (facing forward) on the higher decks?

3. What are the chances of a last minute price drop on Regal Princess after this final payment date?

This is L101 on the sister ship Royal Princess.

Sean

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drsel said:

Kindly tell me

There aren't any "obstructed views" balconies facing forward. What would they be obstructed by? Perhaps you should be more specific on which cabins you're looking at.

Currently 60 days.

Later this year? Hmmmmm...

Edited by Outerdog

7 hours ago, drsel said:

I think chances are very low.

I think princess' current policy is that you can cancel up to pretty close to sailing without losing any

money.  (so, with this, you could cancel a rebook as needed)

If princess will be sailing at 50% capacity, there won't be a need for last minute discounting to

'fill the ship'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outerdog said:

There aren't any "obstructed views" balconies facing forward. What would they be obstructed by? Perhaps you should be more specific on which cabins you're looking at.

Currently 60 days.

Later this year? Hmmmmm...

Princess (and I) like to disagree as shown by this screenshot from the Princess website. The obstruction is obviously the solid railing. This goes for L101 through L104 & M101 Through M104. ALL the forward facing cabins on the Lido and Marina deck have the solid railing.

Theo

776431066_Obstructedview.jpg.68fdecbf220c4a5ebbdfadef6f4fd0c6.jpg

9 hours ago, Renmar said:

Princess (and I) like to disagree as shown by this screenshot from the Princess website. The obstruction is obviously the solid railing. This goes for L101 through L104 & M101 Through M104. ALL the forward facing cabins on the Lido and Marina deck have the solid railing.

Theo

776431066_Obstructedview.jpg.68fdecbf220c4a5ebbdfadef6f4fd0c6.jpg

I guess I'm used to "obstructed" meaning life boats, pillars, and the like.

Thanks.

thanks I just Googled and found out the final payment date is reduced to 60 days prior to sailing for Princess Cruises till 30th April 2021. 

I am looking/hoping for a price drop after the final payment date which may be valid only for a new booking.

There are plenty of unsold cabins as of now and every week when I check, not a single cabin has been booked in the category I am checking.
Hence, I won't make a booking right now.
I am not sailing anywhere near USA

1 hour ago, drsel said:
5 hours ago, bobstheboy said:
Later this year ? From Sydney ? I wouldn't book if I were you.

not from Sydney, but why not book Regal princess later this year?

Later this year the Regal is supposed to be sailing to Sydney in October, but if you want to chance it, good luck.

Later this year the Regal is supposed to be sailing to Sydney in October, but if you want to chance it, good luck.
Moderna vaccine news is just out and cruise line stocks are soaring.
I think cruising with resume by mid October
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, drsel said:

cruise line stocks are soaring.

Carnival shares are worth less today than they were a month ago. Doesn't seem they are soaring to me.

And whatever news there is about vaccines,  the actual physical implementation of a world wide immunisation programme will take so long that it will have little impact on 2020 cruises.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, drsel said:

From 14.47 on 10 July to 17.40 now is a significant upmove for Carnival Corporation

If you choose the right start date, you can prove virtually anything, especially over a short time period. The price was 19.09 on June 17th,  so forgive me if I don't buy into your description of a soaring share! 

Funny thing about statistics, they can be analyzed to prove a point, but looking at the big picture, cruise stocks aren't great. 

A vaccine is good news but having worked in pharma, I know how early leaks come out.  The reality of safe availability for millions of people, another story.

On 7/14/2020 at 12:58 PM, drsel said:

Kindly tell me

QANTAS has cancelled all international flights until April 2021.

No one is cruising in  the South Pacific this year.

15 hours ago, drsel said:

Moderna vaccine news is just out and cruise line stocks are soaring.
I think cruising with resume by mid October

The test on the 45 people was for healthy people between the ages of 18 and 55.

So if you are younger than 18, older than 55, or have one of the pre-existing conditions at any age, the news about this vaccine so far does not apply to you.

So, back to one of the OP’s questions:

How are the obstructed view balconies right in front (facing forward) on the higher decks?

I’ll add “for when we are all back cruising” so hopefully won’t get the repeated “you won’t be going” responses.

I’ve booked one of the Lido 101-104 cabins on the Caribbean Princess, similar but no private balcony.  I’d be interested in hearing from anybody who has sailed in one of these four.  Noise?  More movement?  Great views?

I'm a last-minute bargain booker. There's no realistic way to predict which cruises will go on sale. When I'm actively looking at cruises, I'll be tracking prices of several different ones that fit our available dates. Sometimes I'll find a bargain on a cruise that looks like it's almost fully booked. Other times, I'll notice a cruise that looks wide open fill up overnight--when the cruise line assigns all the guaranteed bookings their cabins. If you have your heart set on a particular cruise, go ahead and book it if the price is one you're willing to pay--and then don't worry is someone else gets a better price later.

42 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

I’ve booked one of the Lido 101-104 cabins on the Caribbean Princess, similar but no private balcony.  I’d be interested in hearing from anybody who has sailed in one of these four.  Noise?  More movement?  Great views?

Before I decided to only book balconies due to the current situation, I stayed in L104 many times when sailing Ruby and Crown, which has the same layout as Caribbean for that part of the ship.  I absolutely adore that cabin, as it is really large and spacious and I love the layout, and is a great deal price-wise.  The bathroom is in the leg of the cabin aft of the main part, the cabinets are against the port side wall, so that opens up the main part of the room to make it large and open feeling.  Be warned that the other three cabins are *much* smaller.  L101 looks reasonably sized from the deck plans but it is tiny, tiny, tiny!  Barely enough room to walk around the bed, I believe smaller than the inside cabins on that deck.  I was shocked when I booked it for my daughter, expecting a larger cabin from the deck plan.  L102 is smaller yet, and I am not sure about L103.  That said, there is no noise in that of the ship.  Views are nice if you stand up and look over the deck railing in front of the cabins.  There is movement in rough waters, but that is not a personal concern of mine.

On 7/14/2020 at 11:58 AM, drsel said:

Kindly tell me

The obstructed view balconies on Royal Class ships are probably the best deal in the cruise industry, due to their pricing and generally larger balconies than standard balconies (and larger than the mini-suites which have tiny balconies on those ships.)  You should know that a forward facing balcony may well be unusable when sailing, especially under windy conditions.  For this reason I prefer the deck 8 obstructed view balconies, which are all on the side of the ship.

• Like 1

QANTAS has cancelled all international flights until April 2021.

No one is cruising in  the South Pacific this year.

Virgin is still flying along with the low cost airlines Scoot, etc