looking for new guidelines

bones774

Here is a link to current information . 

Anyone arriving in Norway from abroad shall be in home quarantine for 10 days, with the exception of specified countries in Europe with sufficiently low transmission (see the map below). 

The areas that are exempt from quarantine duty may change rapidly and the overview will be updated every 14 days, at least.
Map as by today (July 15).

D3D26019-BB32-4D25-A854-58A070528E9D.jpeg

Edited by hallasm

I will check back frequently but as of now booking a cruise with H is a gamble unless they outline new cancel guidelines. I don't think anybody wants to quarantine for 10 days before their cruise and we will have paid full fare at that point. . And technically speaking H is not cancelling your cruise, they will sail!  Thank you Hallasm

Edited by bones774

Yep thing to remember is H wont be cancelling as they are actually sailing - However if your from the US your pretty much in the red zone anyway for all of Europe so I guess insurance would cover you (you dont state if your booked or considering booking) - if your considering I wouldnt do anything until your borders open and the EU allows you in otherwise your insurance wont cover you.

48 minutes ago, ighten said:

Yep thing to remember is H wont be cancelling as they are actually sailing - However if your from the US your pretty much in the red zone anyway for all of Europe so I guess insurance would cover you (you dont state if your booked or considering booking) - if your considering I wouldnt do anything until your borders open and the EU allows you in otherwise your insurance wont cover you.

i just put down $250 deposit, I guess it's a gamble for now. Final payment should come around Sept 13/20. Figure insurance would cost about $125 now so I'm gonna hold off on that right now too. Pay $125 to return $125 in insurance, meh? Yes, from US so insurance will be moot.

H will probably allow deposit to reapplied somewhere down the line.

PS-they have not updated Covid policy since July 6, awaiting for them to align with any new Norway policy.

Edited by bones774

On 7/17/2020 at 11:33 AM, bones774 said:

PS- I have faith that H will do the right thing as best as possible, they would not want to "PO" the North American market.

If I'm not mistaken, Canadians are allowed to cruise on Hurtigruten.  We've got the C virus under control😊

2 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

If I'm not mistaken, Canadians are allowed to cruise on Hurtigruten.  We've got the C virus under control😊

Yes, I'm happy to see Canadian cruisefriends allowed to enter the EU again. I'm not sure about Norway, though, as they are more restrictive, you'll have to check this, as well as flights. Flights are still scarcer than before, as we found out recently when checking for flights ourselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

If I'm not mistaken, Canadians are allowed to cruise on Hurtigruten.  We've got the C virus under control

For the time being unfortunately not. Only visitors from specific European countries will be allowed entry into Norway.

Norway is an EEA/Schengen country - not EU member.

Anyone arriving in Norway from abroad shall be in quarantine for 10 days, with the exception of specified countries in Europe (see map in post #7)”

Edited by hallasm

7 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I am not too sure of that. updated as of July 24

"Quarantine upon arrival in Norway from abroad

Anyone arriving in Norway from abroad shall be in quarantine for 10 days, with the exception of specified countries in Europe with sufficiently low transmission (see the map and table below). 

The areas that are exempt from quarantine duty may change rapidly and the overview will be updated every 14 days, at least."

and when you look at map referred to in para it only goes as far west as Greenland

The situation regarding entry into Norway is so versatile, changing almost too quickly to follow. Right now Belgium has passed the allowed infection rate of 20 and is in danger of becoming a "red" zone for Norway. Austria, France, Switzerland are creeping closer to that magical line, too. We in Germany are getting more cases through young party people and tourists returning , though cases are still low. Norway is well advised to be that cautious.

3 hours ago, nosapphire said:

Isn't the Canadian Gov travel advice still to avoid all cruise ship travel?

I think, and don't quote me, it's only ships than carry under 400 passengers.  I'm not ready to book H yet but hopefully in early 2021 for a winter sailing to see the N. Lights.

15 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I think, and don't quote me, it's only ships than carry under 400 passengers.  I'm not ready to book H yet but hopefully in early 2021 for a winter sailing to see the N. Lights.

Is this the correct link?

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

It states to avoid all cruise ship travel (pretty much the same as the UK advice), no mention of the size of the ship.

Interesting discussion. However, do not think Hurtigruten is categorized as a cruise line - rather public transportation - a cargo-ferry Service along the Norwegian west coast.

Edited by hallasm

On 7/27/2020 at 10:22 AM, hallasm said:

Interesting discussion. However, do not think Hurtigruten is categorized as a cruise line - rather public transportation - a cargo-ferry Service along the Norwegian west coast.

you make it sound so bad. 

26 minutes ago, bones774 said:

you make it sound so bad. 

Realistic - I'll still argue that the Coastal Service from Bergen to Kirkenes is public transportation - however, transport of a high standard, an extremely good restaurant and  beautiful sceneries along the route . Northern lights during winter and midnight sun during summer .

A cargo-ferry service isn't necessarily bad .

One of the 34 port stops en route.

Edited by hallasm