*Poof* October sailings now gone

Just saw the October sailings have been dropped from the Regent website.  Counting down to hearing the official cancellation of our Mariner October 22 sailing.  Expected, but onwards to the next hopeful booking!

Now beginning to think that the cruise we are on in late January 2021 as it's South America will not sail?

Especially as the area is now in the grip of the pandemic. It's Voyager from Buenos Aires to Lima with the add on to Macchu Picchu. Using FCC from April this year when we also due to go up to MP from our bucket list. So sad !!

Our November sailing on the Explorer, Dubai to Singapore, is now showing waitlist in all categories - so I'm sure the expected cancellation will be forthcoming.  Final payment for this cruise was due a couple of weeks ago, and sadly we just didn't see the point.  We ended up moving the deposit over to a late 2021 sailing. 

34 minutes ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Now beginning to think that the cruise we are on in late January 2021 as it's South America will not sail?

Especially as the area is now in the grip of the pandemic. It's Voyager from Buenos Aires to Lima with the add on to Macchu Picchu. Using FCC from April this year when we also due to go up to MP from our bucket list. So sad !!

I doubt anyone is going to SA anytime soon...

I only caught the tail end of it, but Jim Cramer on CNBC yesterday morning said something about US cruise lines now planning to not start their operations until Q2 of 2021.   NCL he championed as being able to survive this, based on FDR's previous comments of financial sustainability.  Any one else catch this yesterday, maybe they can elaborate on everything he was saying?

13 minutes ago, Retired Happy Camper said:

Regent assured me today that our 8 Oct Voyager sailing has not been cancelled.

I may have jumped the gun; I checked this morning and my booking was mostly blank (no ship, dates, or itinerary), and then I checked the earliest departures and they were November (no October waitlisted).  Just checked now and they are back - very sorry if this caused any concerns.  From another poster I was expecting the 15th is when they might officially cancel, so I was expecting something to change today.

5 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I see no October 2020 cruises on RSSC.com...

You might be having a website issue (there are many).  Go to top and under date and select Oct 2020 and hit apply and you will see the cruises are still there.

How bizarre.  I DO still see October 2020 cruises on Regent''s website.  I also looked it up earlier--Regent cancelled its last bunch of cruises on the 16th of June.  Maybe tomorrow is the day?

1 hour ago, pappy1022 said:

Come on Regent, communicate what the heck is really going on.

No cruise company, no State, no one in the world  can predict what is really going on.... Why do you care? I have several booked cruises.. do you?

We will all learn what is happening when they know. I have patience... do you?

sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

No cruise company, no State, no one in the world  can predict what is really going on.... Why do you care? I have several booked cruises.. do you?

sheila

Bravo - great post!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

sheila

We will not learn what's happening when they know it. We will learn what's happening when they decide to tell us. There is a difference.

Tom.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, johng75370 said:

I may have jumped the gun;

I think it was someone at Regent who “jumped the gun” rather than you.

After your initial post I checked the Regent website. The total number of cruises available had reduced from 279 to 264, with all October sailings withdrawn.

Now reinstated ................ but for how long?

4 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Until they get the refund account restocked?

I think (I hope) that the next batch of cancellations will be matched with extension of Regent Reassurance (or next version of it) past 31 July bookings and (hopefully) posting remainder of 2022 and first half of 2023 schedules.

Marc

• Like 1

Mmmm. Sorry I wasn’t aiming at any particular country, it just seems to resurgent again wherever and whenever it likes. We  should take more responsibility for our behaviour and follow the advice given and just plain old common sense, which doesn’t seem so common anymore. 

• Like 2

NCLH announced their last round of cancellations exactly one month ago.  At 1630 hours, after the U.S. stock markets closed.  Wonder if we will see something today? 

The CDC will also need to be doing something on its "no-sail" order, currently set to expire on 24 July.  Speculation repeat speculation on other cruise line boards is that it will be extended through the end of 2020.  The cruise lines may be waiting on their next moves until the CDC action.