Who are they?

peanut head

54 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Not being well versed in this topic, which do you consider the luxury cruise lines?

Here we go again! This subject is debated here on a regular basis. For sure, Crystal, Regent, Seabourn and Silversea, then the discussion begins!

15 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Thanks and sorry but I couldn't find the answer earlier.  

No problem. As I indicted, there is no "fixed" answer. I can tell you that once you have been on a truly luxury cruise, it's hard to return to anything less.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

I can tell you that once you have been on a truly luxury cruise, it's hard to return to anything less.

Maybe for you  but not everyone  might feel the same

JMO

3 hours ago, peanut head said:

Which do you like and why?

For the luxury lines, I've only ever done Crystal, but have 39 cruises with them since 2007. Crystal has the best single supplement for the luxury lines, so I've never left. The Crystal ships are the largest of the luxury lines, 800 to 900 passengers, but that allows them to have the most extensive entertainment and enrichment programs. I'd suggest you read each luxury lines boards, however, with the current situation, there isn't as much information as when the ships are sailing.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2020 at 3:46 PM, Texas Tillie said:

No problem. As I indicted, there is no "fixed" answer. I can tell you that once you have been on a truly luxury cruise, it's hard to return to anything less.

Agree with you on this one.  I do wonder why a poster that does not like luxury cruising is even monitoring this board.  I realize that anyone can go to whichever board they want to but hopefully no one is here just to make negative comments about luxury cruising.  That would be wrong on many levels.

15 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Agree with you on this one.  I do wonder why a poster that does not like luxury cruising is even monitoring this board.  I realize that anyone can go to whichever board they want to but hopefully no one is here just to make negative comments about luxury cruising.  That would be wrong on many levels.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wripro said:

And 

I agree with your post. It’s like someone posting on a Mercedes board trying to convince you that a Buick is good enough.

Is that like  when you love  a Mercedes  telling everyone else they will love one also 😉

Other people may like  an Audi  or Bentley  😎

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Is that like  when you love  a Mercedes  telling everyone else they will love one also 😉

Other people may like  an Audi  or Bentley  😎

If I were on a Mercedes board, sure since we’d be there to dis cuss Mercedes. Just like we’re here to discuss luxury cruising.

21 hours ago, wripro said:

If I were on a Mercedes board, sure since we’d be there to dis cuss Mercedes. Just like we’re here to discuss luxury cruising.

Although it seems to be agitating to some, Cruise Critic in 2019 named Oceania riviera as one of the 8 best luxury cruise ships. Why is this such an odd big deal?

1 hour ago, fizzy said:

Although it seems to be agitating to some, Cruise Critic in 2019 named Oceania riviera as one of the 8 best luxury cruise ships. Why is this such an odd big deal?

Because Oceania is not  a luxury line and this is a luxury line forum

So you are not allowed to mention lines that are not Luxury 😁

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

HA HA HA... I get it!  Someone ought to instruct the owners of THIS website that they are posting incorrect info and they ought to be reprimanded....

19 minutes ago, fizzy said:

HA HA HA... I get it!  Someone ought to instruct the owners of THIS website that they are posting incorrect info and they ought to be reprimanded....

not  to worry some here will let you know  LOL

• Like 3

On 7/19/2020 at 6:51 AM, LHT28 said:

Perhaps you are getting comments because you seem to be putting down luxury lines.  Oceania is a lovely premium-plus cruise line but, IMHO, it does not compare to Regent, Crystal or Silversea (haven’t sailed on Seabourn).  I feel there is also an “interesting” difference between luxury cruise lines.  

There seems to be confusion/disagreement about luxury and premium-plus cruise lines and some of us are trying to determine whether newbies to this board are looking for a “luxury” line since the response from posters would be different than someone seeking a premium-plus (Oceania, Viking, Azamara) or premium (Celebrity, Princess, etc.) line.

Rather than going around and around on this subject, wouldn't it be easier to contact the owners, editors and moderators of CC and explain to them that they have made classification errors on their own site?

• Haha 2

I know several people with ample financial possibilities  constantly booking penthouses on RCL and Celebrity  because they find it very  luxurious  and great fun despite they are in their 70s    there are possibilities for everybody 

I was 3 times in a PH on Oceania and I did not find it luxurious  - we can discuss about it  for ages . 

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, vistaman said:

I know several people with ample financial possibilities  constantly booking penthouses on RCL and Celebrity  because they find it very  luxurious  and great fun despite they are in their 70s    there are possibilities for everybody 

I was 3 times in a PH on Oceania and I did not find it luxurious  - we can discuss about it  for ages . 

I think that as long as you are moving "up" in the category of ship that you are sailing, you will find a new level of "luxury".  If you are used to Carnival and move up to Celebrity, many would find it luxurious (especially in the suites).  If you sail on Celebrity and go on Oceania's newer ships, you will likely find it to be luxury.  And, once you sail on a true luxury cruise line, you may be spoiled forever (or not - most people love luxury cruise lines but others are happy with other cruise lines).

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

It would nice though to hear what the luxury IT factor are beyond included booze and possibly gratuities.

It's not necessarily cabins as Viking cabins are roomier with heated floors than say Crystal.

Viking also offers included Wifi as compared to say Seabourn.

The only thing I can figure is passenger ratio and the staff going out of their way for special meals or remembering your drink.

It would be nice to hear examples that demonstrate real differences.