A GLORY-OUS week 03/01/20 - 03/08/20

byrdbrain55

4 hours ago, BrezQ said:

We were  on this ship last October, thanks for this. We are due to cruise late October (doubtful). We had a fun time, it was a great crew then too!

We enjoyed the cruise and are due to cruise on the Magic for our first B2B but I am not going to be surprised if it gets canceled.  We will just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jenny in TX said:

We sailed on the Glory in 2015 when she was in Miami.  It was one of our favorite cruises!  Looking forward to the rest of your review.

We enjoyed the Glory and are looking forward to sailing the Magic out of Miami in November (fingers crossed).

40 minutes ago, byrdbrain55 said:

Sorry, is this better?

Not really. Black on white is the easiest to read, other than dark blue....not sky blue. Sorry, but it's very hard for a lot of people to read. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Not really. Black on white is the easiest to read, other than dark blue....not sky blue. Sorry, but it's very hard for a lot of people to read. 

I'm trying to make it a different color so it makes it easy to pick out among the comments.  How is this color?

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone for letting me know that the font and color was difficult to read.  Hopefully this is better.  The font and color on my laptop didn't seem bad but I checked on my phone and it was hard to read.  

Day 2 Fun Day at Sea!

Here are the Fun Times for the day.

DSCN2461.JPG

DSCN2462.JPG

DSCN2463.JPG

DSCN2464.JPG

A little bit about L and I.  We are not the type of people who enjoy laying out in the sun.  Both of us are white, like glow in the dark WHITE!  On our last cruise, we were told by another cruiser while we were waiting in line to check in that I had the whitest legs he had ever seen.  I'm fairly certain that I can feel my skin sizzling if I am in the sun too long.  I don't tan, I just burn and since pink is painful, I choose to stay white.

B and C love spending time on the decks.  J and S spent quite a bit of time out on the deck, although it was not super warm and very windy.  B and C and J and D and I all met through Special Olympics and normally at the time of this cruise, we would have just finished the Polar Plunge.  Two years ago, I worked as B's Admin Assistant in a temporary position for a year.  Once the temporary position was over, I went to work with S.  B and C took J and S under their wing and spent quite a bit of time with them laying out on the deck.  A week after we got back from this cruise, I was starting back as B's Admin Assistant in a permanent position.  He loved telling people that he was cruising with his wife AND his secretary, lol.

L and I had breakfast and then went to the Fun Ashore, Fun Aboard show.  We already had shore excursions planned for each port but I enjoy hearing about the options in each place to get ideas for the next trip.  They also give away shore excursions and other prizes but we didn't win anything.  After the show finished, we browsed through the shops for a little while and then headed to the Lido to grab lunch.  I initially wanted to get a burrito from the Blue Iguana but the line was crazy so I ended up getting another Guy's Burger and fries.  We found B and C and J and S up on the Serenity Deck and ate with them.  

After lunch, I conned L, J and S into doing the Digital Scavenger Hunt.  It was super fun but we lost by one point, no solid 24 carat gold plastic ship on a stick for us.  After the Digital Scavenger Hunt, we went to CLUE: The Murder Mystery, which was fun.  This was the introduction to all of the characters following the "murder of Mr. Boddy."  During CLUE, C texted me on the Hub app and asked if we were planning to celebrate L's 50th birthday and S's 30th birthday tonight since it was our first cruise elegant night.  I went over to Cherry On Top and ordered a cake as a surprise at dinner.  Normally they ask for 24 hours notice but I was able to get a cake for tonight.

We stayed and watched the Mystery Bingo since they gave several clues to CLUE.  After Bingo, we headed back to our room to shower and get ready for dinner.  I realized that I had not brought any make up with me so S did my makeup for me for elegant night (on casual night, I didn't wear any).  J and S had gotten notified that they were able to get Any Time Dining so our group was able to eat together every night following the first night.  We all met down in the Colors Lobby and listened to Solo Guitar Sounds with Matthew while enjoying pre-dinner drinks.  L and S were surprised with their birthday cake and several of the dining room stewards sang Happy Birthday to them.  After dinner, we had photos taken and then watched Amor Cubano.  We also went to the Ebony Cabaret Lounge to watch the comedy of Russ Nagel and John Floyd.  Russ Nagel, America's Funniest Biker, was hysterical and we enjoyed John Floyd as well.  Even though we watched the Adult 18+ comedy, neither of them were crude and very entertaining.

Good night all.  I will leave you with J and S all dressed up outside of the Ebony Cabaret and our towel animal for the day.  

DSCN2063.JPG

DSCN2064.JPG

• Like 1

Just now, Joe817 said:

Loving your review! Keep up the good work! 

Thanks Joe!  I wish I had written it shortly after we got home since I am struggling to remember what we did on the sea days.  Even looking at the Fun Times, I can't remember what we did.  I guess I'm getting old.

3 minutes ago, byrdbrain55 said:

Thanks Joe!  I wish I had written it shortly after we got home since I am struggling to remember what we did on the sea days.  Even looking at the Fun Times, I can't remember what we did.  I guess I'm getting old.

Uhhhhh......did you have the cheers package? :classic_laugh: Just kidding!

Actually, I'm glad you started this review when you did! A much needed diversion from the other topics that has been prevalent on this board the past few months. 

• Like 2

After breakfast today, L and I found a clamshell on the Serenity deck for a little bit before we headed to the Military Appreciation Gathering.  If you have never gone to the Military Appreciation Gathering, Carnival does a great job in showing their gratitude to past and present military members.  L is retired from the US Army and J was a Marine.  After the Cruise Director Deon finishes the formal program, he allowed people to share stories or experiences.  I find it to be a very emotional experience. 

DSCN2065 - Copy.JPG

DSCN2066 - Copy.JPG

DSCN2067.JPG

DSCN2068.JPG

DSCN2070.JPG

DSCN2071.JPG

DSCN2072.JPG

DSCN2073.JPG

DSCN2075.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Uhhhhh......did you have the cheers package? :classic_laugh: Just kidding!

Actually, I'm glad you started this review when you did! A much needed diversion from the other topics that has been prevalent on this board the past few months. 

We did not have the cheers package, lol!  I have been reading old reviews from other people and finally decided to bite the bullet and start this one.  If people like it, I may go back and review my Journeys cruise from 2 years ago.  On that cruise, I took notes and tons of photos and then life just got away and I never did a review or put it on my blog.  I'm trying to decide if I want to go through all the effort.

• Like 1

After the Military Appreciation Gathering, we stuck around for the Caribbean Shopping Show.  I don't know why I go to the shows, since they are all the same.  I do usually end up buying the Coupon Book, since it pays for itself with the freebies inside.  We did not end up winning any of the prizes during this show either.  We headed up to the Lido Deck and I finally got a burrito from the Blue Iguana.  I love that I get to choose what goes in it and then add salsa from the Salsa Bar.  It is so good!

We watched the Ice Carving Demonstration.  It is amazing how fast they can create such cool sculptures.  Later we went down to check out the photos from the formal night in the Pixels Gallery.  I had purchased a Pixels Package (5 8x10's and 1 16x20 canvas) during a Black Friday sale (normally $99.99, I got it for 79.99).  We had a card that was in our room on Embarkation Day that we had to turn in and then they set aside the photos that we liked into a folder behind the counter.  We were able to add our favorites daily and then on the night before the last day, we went through those photos to narrow down our choices and choose the one we wanted made into a canvas.  I will try to scan and upload the professional photos of us at some point.  Personally, I wish they would do a digital package where they could scan your room card and all of your photos would be available digitally to choose what size and quantity you want.  

At some point we met up with J and D and B and C and I must have left my camera with them since I ended up with these photos.  B is such a jokester.  I should be happy that this is all I got, lol!  Let's just say I have some very interesting photos from the Bahamas several years ago that I didn't take.

DSCN2077.JPG

DSCN2079.JPG

DSCN2084.JPG

We usually met in the Colors Lobby early to listen to music before heading to dinner as a group.  All of the musicians onboard were great.  After dinner, we watched the Getaway Island show, which was probably the show that best suited their vocal talents.  We headed to bed early tonight since I knew we were going to be up early for Roatan in the morning.  

Good night all!

DSCN2076.JPG

I really appreciate your review.  But I am really getting confused with L&I, B&C, J&S, B&C and J&D. Sorry if it is just me, but I can't figure out who is who.  trying to follow along, though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Amadawn1 said:

I really appreciate your review.  But I am really getting confused with L&I, B&C, J&S, B&C and J&D. Sorry if it is just me, but I can't figure out who is who.  trying to follow along, though.

I am trying to allow people some privacy but I will see if I can edit it so it is more clear.

Since it won't let me go back and edit past posts, hopefully this will help clear up confusion and I will use everyone's names going forward.

Me:  Erin

L:  Larry, my boyfriend

B: Brian, my boss

😄 Carol, Brian's wife 

J and 😧 Jay and Diane

J and S: Jack and Shayla

Shayla and I were coworkers, although a week after the cruise, I left to go work for Brian again.  Jack and Shayla are the cruise virgins and Shayla was celebrating her 30th birthday with this cruise.

• Like 1