Next NCL announcement

23 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

What date do you think will be the next one with updates for future cruises?   Currently the website shows 6/30/2020.  Make your guess now

Put me down for 7/31/20 late in the day.

• Like 1

I have a final payment due for a November cruise on 7/25 so I’m guessing the announcement will happen after my cruise is paid. Last night the website kept showing the uh oh message and they took away a couple Bermuda cruises. I’m hoping they cancel the season officially for those of us waiting. 

• Like 1

The pattern suggests they don't announce any earlier than they have to. So I think the deadline for them is when there is no chance to get permission from the CDC/Federal authorities, to resume port operations, restart supply chain, and to restaff and retrain ships. I think that's about 60 days. For NCL that would be around mid August I think. So that's my vote.  The possible override is if the CDC announces a specific extension to the no sail order, which would result in automatic announcement of more cancellations.

1 hour ago, WickedRed said:

Seems all the October cruises have all be "sold out" if you go through the booking.  I'm guessing an announcement coming soon. 

I just checked a couple of October cruises too.  Looks available, but when you go through the mock booking all categories sold out.   

• Like 2

I have a cruise booked for December 12 on the Escape. I have to make the final payment on August 14. I hope there is an announcement before then. This will be my 3rd cruise on the Escape and 12th overall with Norwegian. I chose this cruise because of the embarkation port at Port Canaveral so that I can drive there instead of flying to Miami. There are great 'stay and cruise' offers from hotels in Cocoa Beach that end up being cheaper than parking at the cruise terminal.

Edited by GeminiBrian

We had final payment due on 7/12/20. Our TA called us last Thursday and warned us that NCL would likely be making an announcement on further cancelations this week which would include our scheduled sailing in October. She said we could either cancel our cruise or make the final payment and select 125% FCC. We paid and opted for FCC.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nclcruise1415 said:

We had final payment due on 7/12/20. Our TA called us last Thursday and warned us that NCL would likely be making an announcement on further cancelations this week which would include our scheduled sailing in October. She said we could either cancel our cruise or make the final payment and select 125% FCC. We paid and opted for FCC.

Yes I fully expect my Oct cruise to be canceled, but I'm tired of this and will request refund not an FCC, what I paid for this cruise FCC is bare bones, not worth tying even this small amount of money up.

5 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

What date do you think will be the next one with updates for future cruises?   Currently the website shows 6/30/2020.  Make your guess now

It will say something to the effect that all 2020 sailing have regrettably been canceled. We are hoping to star back up in the Spring of 2021....

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, njkate said:

Yes I fully expect my Oct cruise to be canceled, but I'm tired of this and will request refund not an FCC, what I paid for this cruise FCC is bare bones, not worth tying even this small amount of money up.

We bought a lot of NCL stock a few months ago when it was $8-$9 per share. I'm just going to give them my money in efforts to keep making money. I'm not too worried about having it tied up at this point. I fully understand where you are coming from though.

4 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

The pattern suggests they don't announce any earlier than they have to. So I think the deadline for them is when there is no chance to get permission from the CDC/Federal authorities, to resume port operations, restart supply chain, and to restaff and retrain ships. I think that's about 60 days. For NCL that would be around mid August I think. So that's my vote.  The possible override is if the CDC announces a specific extension to the no sail order, which would result in automatic announcement of more cancellations.

Thank Capt Obvious! LOL :) :) :)

My guess is end of July ....... since it looks like all October cruises are coming up as SOLD OUT!

We cancelled our October 13 cruise before final payment was due......Luckily received our refund.

Wow. The OP suggested we make a guess, and I gave my rationale.  Why do people  make judgements on other people's posts, or worse, make it personal? 

If the purpose of a post is to make a snarky comment on a poster or their post, just don't.

If you want to disagree then do so in a a collaborative way, such as "I disagree because...." and state your case.

It's that simple.

Signed, Deckhand Obvious (nowhere close to Captain.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

There will be no cruises out of US ports until after the election on Nov 3rd plus the amount of time it takes to get the ships ready so Dec 15th or so at the earliest. That is a best case scenario.

Also, If the CDC NSO gets extended another 100 days it expired on Nov 3rd. LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trummy said:

I see no reason to believe any announcement they make. Fool me once....

Here's one you can believe....

July 16 (Reuters) - Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd said on Thursday it expected little revenue in the second quarter, as the COVID-19 pandemic brought global tourism to a standstill and forced the company to suspend all voyages for months.

We were supposed to be on the Bliss headed to Mexican Riviera starting Oct 25, 2020.  I got this notice when I logged in (see below).  This is the same notice I got right before they canceled our POA Cruise this July. It’s going to happen soon is my guess. 

14E093EF-ACDD-4325-B359-B88F2366EF73.jpeg

I have a Transatlantic planned for Oct 26. I just talked with my PCC because suddenly my payment isn't showing. She stated all October cruise reservations are frozen until July 24th when they are informed if any countries will let ships into their ports.

• Like 1