Hilton Riverside.

Topdog52

On 7/16/2020 at 9:54 AM, Topdog52 said:

how long of a walk is it through the mall from the Hilton Riverside NCL terminal? Or does anyone suggest a Hotel closer to the terminal.

Its very close-- maybe a 5-8 minute walk. There are a few that are a little bit closer-- I think theres a Marriott and a Hyatt that are directly across the street. But its sort of splitting hairs unless you wouldn't be up for a short walk. 

• 2 weeks later...

My sister and I did this walk about 4 1/2 years ago.  The only "problem" we had is that at the end, you have to go down a couple flights of stairs. There is no elevator - at least that we could find.  Once you are down those stairs, the terminal is right there - at least for Carnival.  Not sure if it is the same terminal for Norwegian or Royal.

13 hours ago, olemissreb said:

My sister and I did this walk about 4 1/2 years ago.  The only "problem" we had is that at the end, you have to go down a couple flights of stairs. There is no elevator - at least that we could find.  Once you are down those stairs, the terminal is right there - at least for Carnival.  Not sure if it is the same terminal for Norwegian or Royal.

Thank You!! I think the NCL terminal is before the Carnival terminal.

NCL and RCL use the Julie Street terminal. An elevator takes you from Riverwalk into the terminal.

Carnival uses the Erato terminal. Everything is covered except the two flights of stairs.

• 2 weeks later...

We always purposely book the Hilton Riverside the night before a cruise from New Orleans. It is super easy to walk through the Riverwalk than to walk on the street from a hotel, especially in weather that may or may not be ideal. We have experienced both cases. We leisurely stroll through the mall to the elevator which takes us directly down to the terminal. We can stop along the way, if desired, too. 

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/27/2021 at 10:36 AM, Saint Greg said:

I've looked at both of those.  I was able to book a room at the Riverside.  The Hilton site shows the hotel sold out for my dates (4March to 5March) but Chase Travel Rewards had a room available.

IIRC, we parked at the Hilton Whale Wall last March for our Breakaway cruise. We're doing Breakaway again this March.

Question: Parking.

Can I park at the Whale on the 4th even though my cruise doesn't depart until the 5th?

Or, should I just use the Hilton parking and then drive to the Whale?

• 3 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 11:34 AM, Saint Greg said:

Yes and you can take the elevator down to the NCL port. 

Which building at the Hilton Riverside is the quickest to get to the outlet mall and the cruise terminals. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I was curious.

1 hour ago, Topdog52 said:

Which building at the Hilton Riverside is the quickest to get to the outlet mall and the cruise terminals. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I was curious.

2 and 3 would be a little quicker than 1. A couple minutes quicker. The absolute quickest would be building 3 on it's lowest level which is directly above the riverwalk mall. From there you'd walk right out of your room, down the hallway, down the escalator, and be in the mall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

2 and 3 would be a little quicker than 1. A couple minutes quicker. The absolute quickest would be building 3 on it's lowest level which is directly above the riverwalk mall. From there you'd walk right out of your room, down the hallway, down the escalator, and be in the mall.

Thank You!!

• 10 months later...
On 8/28/2021 at 11:09 AM, CruisinCadie said:

Are there any good casual eateries in the vicinity of the Hilton Riverside?  And I don't mean the food court at the Mall.  We will be there for dinner Sunday and an early lunch Monday.  (Breakfast is included in our cruise.)  

Thanks,

Kathy

Drago's in the Hilton would be great for Dinner