Disney Fantasy 2022 Northern Europe?

Ulsteinvik

I suspect that the article got the name wrong, first off they quoted the size and passenger capacity wrong for the Fantasy, the numbers they used fit more with the Magic. The specifications for entrance to the harbor also make the Fantasy much too large than what is allowed for length and draft. There is a LOT of speculation that DCL is going to send the entire fleet to Europe since they're going to probably allow cruising to start there sooner than in the US and Caribbean waters, but that's a huge leap of conjecture. The Fantasy is also slated for dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas later this summer/fall so I kind of doubt they'll be sending her across the pond with work needing to be done on her so soon. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 8:34 AM, BartmanLA said:

The Fantasy is also slated for dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas later this summer/fall so I kind of doubt they'll be sending her across the pond with work needing to be done on her so soon. 

Actually, the Fantasy is currently on her way to Europe: https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9445590

She is apparently headed to a shipyard in Brest, France for a drydock. I haven't read any confirmed information on what changes are planned. Since she is not taking guests for several more months, at least, Disney Cruise may be decided to move up the drydock.