If you're doing Tahiti and don't usually bring your own snorkel gear....

Petoonya

36 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Wind Spirit an athletic cruise for sure, no elevators, an active crowd by and large, not so much polynesian entertainment (PG polynesian focus approached kitchiness but many love), but it's the "sailing" of the ship that always takes my breath away. Lastly when those sails unfurl at the beginning of the cruise to 1492 I get all teary it's so lovely. 

Thank you very much for your input.  🙂

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 1:18 PM, Petoonya said:

Wind Spirit an athletic cruise for sure, no elevators, an active crowd by and large, not so much polynesian entertainment .

What type of entertainment/activities are offered by Wind Spirit at night?  

Just now, Texed said:

What type of entertainment/activities are offered by Wind Spirit at night?  

Texed,

There was a two person combo with a spectacular singer every night last cruise. There's the motu dinner last night in Bora Bora with a show afterwards. The staff puts on a show one of the last nights. Trivia. We seem to always gravitate to the fore to look at stars. Pretty quiet by comparison to PG.

24 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Texed,

There was a two person combo with a spectacular singer every night last cruise. There's the motu dinner last night in Bora Bora with a show afterwards. The staff puts on a show one of the last nights. Trivia. We seem to always gravitate to the fore to look at stars. Pretty quiet by comparison to PG.

Again, thank you for your help.  🙂

1 hour ago, bplazo said:

I bought a full face snorkel mask and it is the best.  

Another vote for the full face snorkel! If I had a chance in hell of doing any snorkeling in the next 6 months I'd definitely be on the hunt for one. I want to be able to SEE that incoming shark out of the corner of my eye...... :-)

As an eyeglass wearer, this is a bit of deja vu.  My first snorkel mask was large enough that I was able to take my backup glasses, remove the ear pieces, and perch the main part on my nose inside the mask.  When I wanted to try snorkeling again [after a l-o-n-g pause], that mask became a pile of crumbs when I took it out of the box!  The new masks were all much smaller with separate sections for each eye, so I had to buy corrective lenses from the scuba store – thankfully my eyesight has ceased to change much in my old age and they still work pretty good.  But now I see masks that look a lot like my original one, with plenty of room for glasses.  Call Yogi Berra:  it's deja vu all over again!

On 7/28/2020 at 6:54 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

But now I see masks that look a lot like my original one, with plenty of room for glasses.  Call Yogi Berra:  it's deja vu all over again!

😁

To you and anyone else considering a prescription mask....

Zenni, the online discount eyeglass store, is now selling masks with ability to add your prescription. Love Zenni and have saved lots of money using them for the last several years. Never lose my glasses as can afford a few pair of regular and sunglasses now for much less than 1 pair of regularly priced eyeglasses 🙂

40 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

😁

To you and anyone else considering a prescription mask....

Zenni, the online discount eyeglass store, is now selling masks with ability to add your prescription. Love Zenni and have saved lots of money using them for the last several years. Never lose my glasses as can afford a few pair of regular and sunglasses now for much less than 1 pair of regularly priced eyeglasses 🙂

Where did you see that, Petoonya? I see prescription sports goggles on their website, but no snorkel or diving masks. Big fan of Zenni, by the way.

4 hours ago, Zukini said:

Where did you see that, Petoonya? I see prescription sports goggles on their website, but no snorkel or diving masks. Big fan of Zenni, by the way.

Well, you're making a liar out of me. They did have them last winter as I was considering getting a second pair of them. You're right- it's no longer. Take care!

8 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Well, you're making a liar out of me. They did have them last winter as I was considering getting a second pair of them. You're right- it's no longer. Take care!

No worries, just went looking for them on their site, and couldn't find them anywhere, thought I may have missed something. 

I usually wear contact lenses when snorkeling, but that's not ideal (and, technically, you shouldn't do it). If Zenni was selling prescription masks, I'd strongly consider buying them.

Edited by Zukini