They should be upfront about Inspiration and Fantasy soon

Cruiseboy06

Within the last week about everybody has figured out that Fantasy and Inspiration are sailing to their final port of call for their sea resting place in Turkey while Carnival remains silent on the sales of these ships. If they were sailing to Turkey for other than being scrapped they would have say something by now.  They are still "denying" it while the news is in front of us....... They are still selling cruises on these ships including in October.   Sooner than later they need to be upfront.  I believe they will have another announcement about further sales of Inspiration and Fantasy,  cancellations, dancing of ships, "new start cruise date", and health and safety next week or by end of July. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How do you even know if they have officially been sold? Maybe a buyer is simply “looking” at the opportunity of purchasing? What if they simply wanted to send a ship there — just because?

Carnival remains very confident in their statement suggesting that any cruise ships operating under the Carnival Cruise Line brand to be sold or scrapped, if any, have not yet been identified.

Reservations, deposits and final payments are still being accepted for cruises beginning on October 2 or later including the Fantasy on October 3.

We don’t have any reason to doubt them. Carnival has been known to act in good faith and not use deceitful tactics.

Based on the information provided, we do not have enough details to reach an accurate conclusion. If you have any questions, you should consult Carnival, your PVP or John Heald. It’s always recommended to keep checking Carnival.com for any travel advisories, notices and operation updates.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Per the article, we still don’t have enough information. 

Since CC wrote this right before they listed the fantasy and Inspiration. I figured they had real info. "Because cruisers can form strong attachments to their ships, Cruise Critic is not speculating on which ships could be retired or scrapped in the future months to come. Instead, only confirmed fleet departures will be posted here as they are announced."

3 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Since CC wrote this right before they listed the fantasy and Inspiration. I figured they had real info. "Because cruisers can form strong attachments to their ships, Cruise Critic is not speculating on which ships could be retired or scrapped in the future months to come. Instead, only confirmed fleet departures will be posted here as they are announced."

The rumor started here, on the boards. It escalated but everything came from here. We don’t have any official information from anybody other than the Port of Curaçao. We still don’t know why valuable equipment was offloaded or what those items even were.

34 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

How do you even know if they have officially been sold? Maybe a buyer is simply “looking” at the opportunity of purchasing? What if they simply wanted to send a ship there — just because?

Carnival remains very confident in their statement suggesting that any cruise ships operating under the Carnival Cruise Line brand to be sold or scrapped, if any, have not yet been identified.

Reservations, deposits and final payments are still being accepted for cruises beginning on October 2 or later including the Fantasy on October 3.

We don’t have any reason to doubt them. Carnival has been known to act in good faith and not use deceitful tactics.

Based on the information provided, we do not have enough details to reach an accurate conclusion. If you have any questions, you should consult Carnival, your PVP or John Heald. It’s always recommended to keep checking Carnival.com for any travel advisories, notices and operation updates.

John Heald ? really he gives you nothing but stale non funny jokes and after everything gets posted by other sources then he will post something .

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

What if they simply wanted to send a ship there — just because?

Hahahaha. Oh, the stuff I read on here.

We are in the midst day of an industry shutdown. Last I checked, no one is out for a 5,000+ nautical mile joyride from the Caribbean to Turkey. Ugh.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, happy traveler69 said:

There are a few articles floating around stating that the Fantasy and Inspirational have been sold and are going to the cruise junkyard in the sky. Most times, in my experience, rumors have a way of being at least partly true. 

How could these rumors be partly true? Are you suggesting Fantasy and Inspiration are being party scrapped and will return to service as smaller ships perhaps similar in size to Holiday or Jubilee?  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

How could these rumors be partly true? Are you suggesting Fantasy and Inspiration are being party scrapped and will return to service as smaller ships perhaps similar in size to Holiday or Jubilee?  

That’s a brilliant idea, mate.

The beards will love this one. Let’s make a proposal for it.

12 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Hahahaha. Oh, the stuff I read on here.

We are in the midst day of an industry shutdown. Last I checked, no one is out for a 5,000+ nautical mile joyride from the Caribbean to Turkey. Ugh.

Are you on the ship? Do you work for Carnival?

If not, you don’t know why the ship is in transit.

If Carnival were privately held like MSC, they could keep a secret, but Carnival is a publicly owned company and they are required to disclose information that could impact their financial situation.

It is likely something will happen to the ships, but if it turns out they are not both scrapped, CC will once again be shown to be a bastion of false rumors.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If Carnival were privately held like MSC, they could keep a secret, but Carnival is a publicly owned company and they are required to disclose information that could impact their financial situation.

It is likely something will happen to the ships, but if it turns out they are not both scrapped, CC will once again be shown to be a bastion of false rumors.

So why 2 of the oldest ships in the fleet are on the way to Turkey????????  

16 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

So why 2 of the oldest ships in the fleet are on the way to Turkey????????  

While it appears obvious to us and many others what is happening to Fantasy and Inspiration, it is not worth the hassle engaging those choosing a cruise in the Sea of Denial with a ship taking on water.

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

While it appears obvious to us and many others what is happening to Fantasy and Inspiration, it is not worth the hassle engaging those choosing a cruise in the Sea of Denial with a ship taking on water.

Good point!!!!!!  Take a breath and breath.. and relax in reality of cruise and sea! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Are you on the ship? Do you work for Carnival?

If not, you don’t know why the ship is in transit.

No to both irrelevant questions. 

What I know is that the ships are not joyriding 5,000+ miles to Izmir Turkey. That isn't happening.

I stated my opinion based on what I have read from various sources including Carnival announcing a fleet reduction and also marine tracking data being consistent with the location of a major scrapyard. I would encourage you to do the same and if you still believe the ship is joyriding over to Turkey, then you come right back here and post away. Eventually, Carnival will make the announcement. Maybe that will help you understand why the ships are in transit.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, tidecat said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the announcement is going to be made when the ships actually change hands, which may not be until August.

that is what i am thinking. it was odd that both ships were offloading heavy equipment before heading to Turkey. In one of the articles i read, the ships is due to arrive around August 1

9 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

If you have any questions, you should consult Carnival, your PVP or John Heald.

These comments are far wide of the mark. All the evidence point's to these ships being scrapped and Carnival think they are being clever and controlling their news....just not possible in the age of the interwebs.

The virus is showing how resilient it is by springing back up as soon as a lock down is lifted all around the world, the CDC (love em or hate em) are calling the shots and every country is heading for a recession.

Any business or individual who cannot see all this has their head firmly stuck.....well you decide !!!

8 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It is being reported all over the Internet that Carnival has sold Fantasy and Inspiration. This is far from a CC rumor. 

• Like 1

So, getting back to the original question, what might be Carnival's motivation to continue to sell cruises on ships that will clearly never sail again? Get a few more dollars in the coffers with the hope that some of those cruisers will take the FCC and OBC option? That doesn't seem like a big enough reason to deceptively sell a product they know they can't deliver.

Maybe keeping those ships listed is just a placeholder and they'll transfer those bookings to other ships that will take over those itineraries. Perhaps they aren't ready to announce the other ships change, which would result in another wave of cancellations of the new ships' currently listed itineraries, because the rush from the last wave of cancellations hasn't lessened yet.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

34 minutes ago, angiem0217 said:

So what will happen if currently booked on Fantasy? FCC or OBC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'll get a cancellation notice and have a choice about what you want to do with your $.

To all those who think these two ships will ever return to service I've got some nice Florida swampland for you to buy.

• Like 1