They should be upfront about Inspiration and Fantasy soon

Cruiseboy06

34 minutes ago, angiem0217 said:

So what will happen if currently booked on Fantasy? FCC or OBC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends on what the outcome is. For example, if Imagination replaces the Fantasy in Mobile, and Conquest replaces both the Imagination and Inspiration in Long Beach. Fantasy passengers really wouldn't be entitled to anything as basically they are getting an identical replacement; the only issue would be how many sailings the pandemic wipes out regardless of which vessel is doing the sailing. Long Beach passengers would likely get FCC and OBC as it is not just a case of changing the ship name. Conquest passengers out of Florida who are outright being canceled would likely get OBC to book what would likely be a longer sailing on Sensation or Horizon.

Of course, if Carnival pulls out of Mobile completely, the company will probably make an offer to keep passengers from requesting a refunds in the hopes they book a ship out of another port.

3 hours ago, quattrohead said:

These comments are far wide of the mark. All the evidence point's to these ships being scrapped and Carnival think they are being clever and controlling their news....just not possible in the age of the interwebs.

The virus is showing how resilient it is by springing back up as soon as a lock down is lifted all around the world, the CDC (love em or hate em) are calling the shots and every country is heading for a recession.

Any business or individual who cannot see all this has their head firmly stuck.....well you decide !!!

Looks can be deceiving. 

3 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

So, getting back to the original question, what might be Carnival's motivation to continue to sell cruises on ships that will clearly never sail again? Get a few more dollars in the coffers with the hope that some of those cruisers will take the FCC and OBC option? That doesn't seem like a big enough reason to deceptively sell a product they know they can't deliver.

Maybe keeping those ships listed is just a placeholder and they'll transfer those bookings to other ships that will take over those itineraries. Perhaps they aren't ready to announce the other ships change, which would result in another wave of cancellations of the new ships' currently listed itineraries, because the rush from the last wave of cancellations hasn't lessened yet.

What we do know without any doubt is that Carnival (for obvious reasons) is cash starved and doesn't mind keeping future/cancelled cruise money to help stay solvent at this point. We can also say confidently that cruises connected to Fantasy and Inspiration, OR cruises connected to ships replacing those vessels are getting canceled. It is highly doubtful Carnival doesn't already know which of those cruises are toast yet here we stand with Carnival still advertising cruises with the Fantasy and Inspiration likely weeks after they already decided to excess these vessels. You can call this what you want, as folks are free to keep burying their heads in the sand thinking this means nothing, but Carnival could have suspended any reservations on Fantasy and Inspiration OR the ships replacing them, yet they haven't. Is this misleading and a little manipulative, well you can decide that on your own.

Screenshot_20200717-161240_Chrome.jpg.a5

Edited by embarkation75
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Hahahaha. Oh, the stuff I read on here.

We are in the midst day of an industry shutdown. Last I checked, no one is out for a 5,000+ nautical mile joyride from the Caribbean to Turkey. Ugh.

Why did they choose Barbados to hang around? What if provisions are less expensive outside of Izmir? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

What we do know without any doubt is that Carnival (for obvious reasons) is cash starved and doesn't mind keeping future/cancelled cruise money to help stay solvent at this point. We can also say confidently that cruises connected to Fantasy and Inspiration, OR cruises connected to ships replacing those vessels are getting canceled. It is highly doubtful Carnival doesn't already know which of those cruises are toast yet here we stand with Carnival still advertising cruises with the Fantasy and Inspiration likely weeks after they already decided to excess these vessels. You can call this what you want, as folks are free to keep burying their heads in the sand thinking this means nothing, but Carnival could have suspended any reservations on Fantasy and Inspiration OR the ships replacing them, yet they haven't. Is this misleading and a little manipulative, well you can decide that on your own.

Screenshot_20200717-161240_Chrome.jpg.a5

That’s a good price. You can book an entire family cruise with the stimulus check! 

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

That’s a good price. You can book an entire family cruise with the stimulus check! 

Ha! The ultimate "Cruise to nowhere" as folks spend 4 luxurious nights in the terminal realizing their ship is sitting in pieces on a beach in Turkey!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Why did they choose Barbados to hang around? What if provisions are less expensive outside of Izmir? 

Why, why, why? What if, what if, what I'd? Standby for the announcement from Carnival. Maybe then it will make more sense. Or maybe it won't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It is being reported all over the Internet that Carnival has sold Fantasy and Inspiration. This is far from a CC rumor. 

It's the same rumor repeated over and over. That's how they work. A virus of a different nature. Just like some people think telling the same lies over and over somehow make them true.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drsel said:
14 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

To pick up the best baklava on the planet.

Don't forget Turkish delight

Of course not. They also have some pretty good pepperocinis, olives, pistachios...

Booked on Inspiration 10/2.   They want my final payment by tomorrow.   Lol.  Unfortunately I’ve well over paid as this was already a rebook, and they demanded $100 new deposit when I’d already paid in full $300 more on the cancelled booking.  So now they want another $100 for a ship in a million pieces.  Smdh

Booked on Inspiration 10/2.   They want my final payment by tomorrow.   Lol.  Unfortunately I’ve well over paid as this was already a rebook, and they demanded $100 new deposit when I’d already paid in full $300 more on the cancelled booking.  So now they want another $100 for a ship in a million pieces.  Smdh
What is the price of your cruise and how much did they transfer from your cancelled booking to this cruise?

11 minutes ago, cruisin from vegas said:

bs!!!!!!!!   Chances are its canceled if its not scrapped......   They should not ask for a deposit!!!!!!  Thats why they need to be upfront ASAP or they may be in legal trouble...........  They haven't said a word to why they are heading to Turkey........

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, drsel said:

Selling ships that are still in working condition shows the desperation for cash

Baloney. Cruising is going to be slow to ramp up once it returns. Why pay to maintain ships that would be retired in a few years, anyway. There will be plenty of cabins still left to fill.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Most people don't get how bad it has gotten for Carnival and other cruise lines attempting to stay solvent. If they are not back cruising by January, then Carnival and others will collapse before spring into varying levels of Bankruptcy protection. What is left is anybody's guess but I wouldn't bank on any cruise in late 2021 or 2022 if the ships aren't moving by New Years.

Doubtful.