3 Adults in a cabin

babs135

Try Ama Waterways.  AmaKristina, AmaViola, AmaStella and AmaLea feature connecting staterooms and triple occupancy accommodations.

You may find some lines that allow singles to either have zero or low single supplement. Depending on the age of the 3rd person, they may be able to have their own room at little or no extra cost over a 3rd person in the cabin.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

Avalon Waterways is advertising "no single supplement" on a number of sailings next year.  And, according to a webinar I attended a couple of weeks ago, Avalon states they usually have a couple of cabins identified as "singles" (ie: no single supplement) on most, if not all sailings.  

Fran

• Like 1

The best thing about staying in 2 rooms is having 2 bathrooms.

Vantage's single room in on the lowest deck, and I think some other lines have it set up this way.  If you wanted to stay adjacent your friends, then they would be in the aquarium class also...saving money along the way.

And if you find a line waiving the single supplement as Franski says above, then great!,  a larger room for the same price.  Imagine the industry might be having cabins to fill when they truly get sailing, hopefully next year.

2 hours ago, ural guy said:

Imagine the industry might be having cabins to fill when they truly get sailing, hopefully next year.

That's what I thought when I was researching Uniworld cruises for late next year.  No single discounts offered whatsoever on any itineraries, so I booked with Tauck.

I don't have first hand experience, but I've heard the third bed on AMA is more of a pull out single chair bed.  Good for kids, maybe not for an adult. I believe those rooms were created more for families than a third adult, as several of them also connect with the adjoining room.

Avalon does seem to have quite a few singles options available.  A friend was looking at sailing with us.  She was disappointed, though, that the single supplement was only waived on aquarium class rooms.  No luck with the french balcony rooms.