Regal/Royal Sanctuary cabanas

crows nest club

Hi

Can anyone who has rented one of the

Sanctuary (Not retreat pool) cabanas answer the following:-

If it is windy do they give adequate shelter? 

If it rains are they waterproof i.e are you still able to sit inside?

Finally, are they worth the extra money?

TIA 

The Cabanas on the Royal and Royal are "three-sided" with a curtain that can be slid across the front. Though I don't remember if it will completely enclose the sofa area, it does provide some weather protection. The two loungers in front are fully exposed. The Sanctuary can be a bit breezy, (and FWIW we've found the Retreat Pool area immediately aft can be VERY windy at times, depending on local conditions and the ship's heading.)  IIRC, the roof over the cabana's sofa/TV area is solid, not mesh, so it should provide decent coverage for VERTICAL rain, though if the rain has a horizontal component due to wind, I'm not sure the curtains would fully protect. Still, I think you'd be fine

As to its value, at $US220 per day, that's a personal choice  ;o)  The basic loungers run $US40/pp/day, but you do get some extras with the cabanas, such a mini bar service (and possibly some extra meal options?) as well as TVs and wireless headsets.

If you are worried about "getting your money's worth" on a bad weather day, one thing to keep in mind is that the Sanctuary management is VERY forgiving of bad weather. We book the Sanctuary for all sea days, and on many occasions when we've woken up to a rainy day, we've simply cancelled the day's booking and they never charge us. If it starts raining mid-day and we want to head indoors, they will happily credit us back the half day.

Thanks very much. Great information. Good to know that if inclement weather then the Management can look kindly in a refund. 

We tend to use the Sanctuary most days, but have never been on the royal class ships which have the cabanas. Just having sailed on the Grand class. 

Might consider treating ourselves on a couple of days on next year's cruise on Regal (fingers crossed).

Hi
Can anyone who has rented one of the
Sanctuary (Not retreat pool) cabanas answer the following:-
If it is windy do they give adequate shelter? 
If it rains are they waterproof i.e are you still able to sit inside?
 Finally, are they worth the extra money?

TIA 

Just avoid the last sea day because it’s very windy and chilly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums