Number of people in a room

7 minutes ago, bigbass said:

We recently booked an ultra spacious with large balcony room and would like to know if 4 adults will work ok in this room? Thanx

It’s a large room, about the size of a JS but only one bathroom. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, bigbass said:

We recently booked an ultra spacious with large balcony room and would like to know if 4 adults will work ok in this room? Thanx

Bunk beds are pretty cool. 

I'm around 6'1" and fit

No! Don't do it. Ask yourself why do you want all 4 adults in one room? If it's money, wait and go when everyone can afford it. If it's not money just book 2 cabins.

We booked a Jr. Suite for 3 people and it was tight. We managed because it was just a 4 nighter and we've been best friends for 15 years.

If it's a short cruise and the roommates are VERY FAMILIAR with each other I would do it.

If it's a 7 nighter NO WAY under any circumstance!!!

If you have been friends at least 10 years, lived in close quarters or roommates, and are under 25 you should be ok as long as it's a short cruise 3 or 4 nights.

Book 2 connecting inside cabins if money is an issue.  If not book two regular balcony cabins. Or the two people who can afford the balcony, let them book the balcony and the other two can book across the hall in an inside cabin. You have a lot of options since cruises are fairly cheap right now. 

• Like 3

I have done it and it can work, but it isn't fun. The ultra spacious are a lot bigger and I have had a similar room (given a disabled passenger room) with two kids and we had enough room to leave the double stroller upright. You need to stagger showers and this isn't the time for hour long showers. One bathroom isn't fun, but I say it depends on how well you know each other. If you are close, you can make it work, but if virtual strangers, get two rooms. Sometimes it is cheaper to get two rooms, so look into it, too, especially if you don't need connecting rooms.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

4 adults and one bathroom??? 

I agree 4 adults and one bathroom is not fun.

What about sleeping, are all of you night owls or early risers? Things could get tense if a couple of you like early bedtimes and the others don't.

If you travel alone it would be better to stay in a cabin all by yourself. Unless you plan to get drunk or something together you better stay alone and not bother everyone else. I mean people are all different and you might not simply like that someone is snoring for example and you wont have a good sleep.. 

The one thing I like about Royal is that you might find that booking to balconies is actually cheaper (or the cost difference is negligible) than trying to fit 4 into one.  Coming from a family of 4 and now that my daughters are in teenage years, I like to have two rooms vs one... better for having to go #2, after a beach day, etc...

16 hours ago, bigbass said:

I personally wouldn't participate in this but that's just me!  Back in college with 3 of my bro's - absolutely!  35 year old w/ wife and another couple?  Absolutely not !  

Unless the 4 of you have traveled together and stayed in rooms together you probably should rethink this and look for other options.   Either 2 standard size rooms as suggested or possibly getting an inside room near this cabin so 2 of you can sleep, shower and dress there.

• Like 1