Curious...

Jammy Bun

I just looked at the availability for the 20/21 World Cruise, and see that the Owners Suite is showing as 'Available' - but when I check the availability for the first leg of the cruise, from Miami to L.A., the Owners Suite is 'Sold Out'.  

(I'm keeping an eye on the figures as am wondering if/when they'll cancel this cruise - surely it can't go ahead?)

6 hours ago, Jammy Bun said:

I just looked at the availability for the 20/21 World Cruise, and see that the Owners Suite is showing as 'Available' - but when I check the availability for the first leg of the cruise, from Miami to L.A., the Owners Suite is 'Sold Out'.  

(I'm keeping an eye on the figures as am wondering if/when they'll cancel this cruise - surely it can't go ahead?)

They may be holding the Owners Suite for the full World Cruise.  If so the Miami to L.A. leg for the Owners Suite would be shown as "Sold Out" and the World Cruise would be shown as "Available".   If the Owners Suite does not sell for the World Cruise they may open the Miami to LA leg later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dukefan said:

They may be holding the Owners Suite for the full World Cruise.  If so the Miami to L.A. leg for the Owners Suite would be shown as "Sold Out" and the World Cruise would be shown as "Available".   If the Owners Suite does not sell for the World Cruise they may open the Miami to LA leg later.

Jimmy

if you need someone to sail with you to get your money’s worth from the Owner’s Suite please let me know. 🤞😊😂

• Like 1

I hope to sail with you one day so we can have a tour of the owner's suite.  I am surprised that they do not UPGRADE to the owner's suite.  It has been empty on most of our cruises.

• Like 1

Deec 

Apparently on occasion they do offer a paid upgrade. There were two ladies on our Bejing to Hong Kong cruise last October who upgraded from an Explorer Suite to the Owner’s Suite.  I was surprised to learn that they have the ability to turn the Board Room into a bedroom. While they won’t let you sleep more than two people in the OS they will create a second bedroom if needed.  

Upgrades were available on our aborted LA to London trip earlier this year once many passengers bailed out in Australia or Bali before Dubai.  The upgrades were NOT freebies.  We were offered one of the rich folk suites but at 10K, we had to decline.  Viking told us that giving free upgrades to only some passengers would make others unhappy.  OK, I understand that.  When less than 10 passengers remained after Dubai, they were able to move and were not charged, to the best of my knowledge.