Picture-A-Week 2020 - Week 30

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, July 20 and Sunday, July 26.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

Did some playing around in LR 5 and Luminar 4. In LR, I tried to keep the image to what I saw when taking it. In Luminar, I attempted to get a little creative.

In this one, the two images were taken one after the other from the same position.  LR 1st......Lum 2nd.

Dyer July 2020   P7080205 lr -7080205.jpg

Dyer July 2020  P7080206 lum.jpg

• Like 1

I can't recall exactly when we planted this year's watermelon vine but it seems like overnight it went from seedling to first hint of fruit to the almost-ready-for-prime-time monster pictured here. With the world in the throes of one crap-storm or another, we have turned our efforts and travel budget to home-based projects. A lot of the old halfway improvements are getting done and we are completing projects that have been put off until “we get back from the next cruise” for several years. One big downside for me is the hit my photography has taken. I love it no less, but lately I am more likely to have an impact driver or a saw in my hand than a camera during “leisure hours”. Both are good and creative, but the camera is easier on the bones and muscles.

Almost Time

p3941339142-5.jpg

Dave

• Like 3

I managed to get out last Saturday to our western wetlands spot at the edge of the Everglades, being the only spot open during pandemic times here...though I admit I have no idea why they feel they can't open all the wetlands parks - just restrict hours to noon to 7pm...I can bear witness that no more than 2-4 people will be willing to go out there in this heat and humidity, so social distancing is a breeze!

Sandhill crane parent and colt feeding around a tree, ignoring me entirely:

original.jpg

Some kind of wild swamp flower:

original.jpg

An 'eclipse' male wood duck - wood duck males are among the most colorful and decorative duck there is - just after mating season, the male loses many of the fancy adornment feathers around his head and neck, and get this more pared down look, which is known as 'eclipse' coat:

original.jpg

A large Florida softshell turtle up on the shore laying her eggs.  I walked up on her in a very densely forested, overgrown trail...she raised her head to watch me, but I backed off into the branches to avoid disturbing her and stood for 10 minutes, not moving, and getting bitten by bugs, while she just stared at me to make sure I wasn't going to be a threat, finished her eggs, buried them, and walked back to the water:

original.jpg

A green heron, catching a little shade under a small tree in the shallow water:

original.jpg

Black bellied whistling duck family:

original.jpg

• Like 4