Braemar Question

46 minutes ago, London-Calling said:

I last cruised on Braemar in 1998. She did not handle, choppy seas, so well.

Doe she handle them any better now she's ben lengthened?

We did not travel on her before she was lengthened, so cannot compare.  We have sailed on her a number of times though, including in storms and stable she is not!  We do like the ship though and as she is small with a shallow draft (perhaps part of the problem), I am sure Fred will hang on to her to do the less accessible places like up rivers.  He always puts her in warmer climes in the winter for that reason I should think.

In bad seas there are times when the back of the ship seems to go up and then crashes down with an almighty jump downwards.  The Grampian Restaurant is particularly fun in those circumstances and I have known a man fall over backwards while sitting firmly in his chair.  Meals slide onto knees if you do not keep hold of them and crates full of glassware was broken during one cruise we were on in rough seas.  Still love the ship though, but not a good idea to book a cabin at the back or one when rough seas are likely. 

Our first cruise was on the Braemar in 2004 and it made all sorts of strange and disconcerting noises.  After the stretch it became less noisy but still very lively.  On one voyage crossing the Bay of Biscay all the crockery poured out of the dining room cupboards and everything in our cabin was thrown on the floor.  The TV remote was never found.