I knew Lift&Shift was too good to be true

4 hours ago, cruisingagentone said:

So I just called to do a lift and shift from a 7 day western to a 7 day eastern almost exact same dates as this yrs but I was told I couldn't change itinerary had to western if that's what I was booked on. I don't like the western for next November. I thought it just had to be same length same area. Has anyone been able to switch to different directions?

Yes, lots of us.

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Submitted an online form for us and then my parents with only one preference. And now we wait.

Hi @Itchy&ScratchyLike I said in my prior post, you may want to call now since the reps will see your request in there.  Since I had more than one stateroom I called and she was able to see the requested switch and took care of all of it right then to make sure we were close by each other.  Yes, you can wait, but as the rep said to me as she was working on mine, she was glad I called because even though they were linked together, their system might have put us all on different decks/parts of the ship and I would have had to call anyway.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Hi @Itchy&ScratchyLike I said in my prior post, you may want to call now since the reps will see your request in there.  Since I had more than one stateroom I called and she was able to see the requested switch and took care of all of it right then to make sure we were close by each other.  Yes, you can wait, but as the rep said to me as she was working on mine, she was glad I called because even though they were linked together, their system might have put us all on different decks/parts of the ship and I would have had to call anyway.  

will do, thanks! I was feeling guilty about spending 3+ hours on the phone with them and neglecting my work duties. :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

At this point, I would call back and talk to the rep with the knowledge of the sailings available and do both at the same time.  Not sure about the ksf promotion if it is price protected or not.  I have read that they are.

ALso make sure that they are "linked" in their system.

Won’t do any good.  The reps stick with what the6 are allowed and tell you to find it on line. 

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

will do, thanks! I was feeling guilty about spending 3+ hours on the phone with them and neglecting my work duties. 🙂

I have to say, I've called half a dozen times in the last month (moved 3 cruises with L&S and rebooked a 4th moving deposit)  and never waited more than a couple of minutes to speak with someone.  I did spend about 40 minutes on the phone with the rep doing the shift of our three, but it was worth it. If you have any On Board Credit on your current booking, make sure they transfer that over.  Good luck!  

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Submitted an online form for us and then my parents with only one preference. And now we wait.

I’ve actually been receiving the confirmations back the same day lately.  Yesterday I got the confirmation 6 hours after I submitted it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I have to say, I've called half a dozen times in the last month (moved 3 cruises with L&S and rebooked a 4th moving deposit)  and never waited more than a couple of minutes to speak with someone.  I did spend about 40 minutes on the phone with the rep doing the shift of our three, but it was worth it. If you have any On Board Credit on your current booking, make sure they transfer that over.  Good luck!  

the waiting times today weren't bad at all, but the conversations themselves lasted quite a bit...

We did a L&S recently, from Explorer 5-night Labadee/CocoCay January 2021 to Mariner 5-night Cozumel/CocoCay January 2022 and our total price went down $38. Taxes and fees were $19 per person less on the Mariner itinerary, even with a non-private island port.

We switched from a Southern Caribbean on Serenade of the Seas out of San Juan to an Eastern Caribbean on Symphony of the Seas out of Miami with no issues. I sent an email to our online travel agency saying we wanted to move our November cruise to November 2021 and they sent me a list of about 15 different options I could choose from, including Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean itineraries from San Juan, Port Canaveral, Miami and Fort Lauderdale. We picked Symphony since we have never sailed on an Oasis Class and they replied back in 3-4 weeks that we were set.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

We switched from a Southern Caribbean on Serenade of the Seas out of San Juan to an Eastern Caribbean on Symphony of the Seas out of Miami with no issues. I sent an email to our online travel agency saying we wanted to move our November cruise to November 2021 and they sent me a list of about 15 different options I could choose from, including Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean itineraries from San Juan, Port Canaveral, Miami and Fort Lauderdale. We picked Symphony since we have never sailed on an Oasis Class and they replied back in 3-4 weeks that we were set.

I thought this sounded interesting to do but cannot find Serenade out of San Juan in November??

I thought this sounded interesting to do but cannot find Serenade out of San Juan in November??

Sorry, it was Enchantment, not Serenade. I got confused as to which ship, but we did move to Symphony.

Just now, JT1962 said:

Sorry, it was Enchantment, not Serenade. I got confused as to which ship, but we did move to Symphony.

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It was probably  Enchantment. 

Ah, thanks.  Good move!!

Thank you, all, for the great advice!

I am happy to report that I've just received the confirmation that both my parents and my family were switched to Harmony of the Seas in November 2021. The balcony cabins have already been assigned, and they are perfectly located, on the same deck, a few cabins apart, just like we wanted!

The invoice price difference is what was expected with a slight change in itinerary. Kids Sail Free was honored, even though it is not offered on that particular Harmony sailing.

I am very happy with the outcome.

• Like 15

We ended up taking the 125% because they don't have our cruise scheduled for the same time next year. They tried shoving us into other cruises out of miami (instead of San Juan), to lesser places (private beach in Haiti for instance over Aruba). 

Nah.. I'll just move it to another month thanks.

Does anyone know what this means? 

"Sailings departing April 11 – September 30, 2020, Canada/New England sailings August 1 – October 31, 2020, Jewel of the Seas February 14, 2021, Odyssey of the Seas sailings through April 17, 2022, that were cancelled on or before July 17, 2020, and paid additional monies on a new booking within this extended suspension period will receive one credit for the value of the original Future Cruise Credit plus 125% of any monies paid towards cruise fare on the new booking. You are still able to opt in to refund one or both cancelled bookings via the link below."

Our original cruise was to be on May 18th, 2020...we cancelled and were given our future cruise credit.  I then booked another cruise, using our FCC plus an additional $200.00, which they said was the deposit (?).  This cruise is supposed to take place Nov. 30th of this year.  If RCCL ends up cancelling all cruises thru the end of the year,  will I get another FCC plus 125% of the extra $200.00 that I paid?  Or am I going to lose all of the cruise credit?  I have done a dummy reservation just in case the cancellations go to the end of the year, but the cruises went up for the time frame I have to do the L&S.  If I don't use it according to what they are saying, I will lose the entire amount.  And I do not want to pay an extra 2-300.00, to book a cruise that they keep cancelling...

Call me "dazed and confused."

On 7/21/2020 at 11:54 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

thank you, all!

I am still on hold, got a different agent, and she said that KSF will be honored.

We got KSF offer for a February 2021 cruise shifted to a March 2022 cruise (on which KSF did not apply) so our kids will be getting the KSF honoured from their 2021 cruise even though they will be 13 at the time of the 2022 sailing.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Thank you, all, for the great advice!

I am happy to report that I've just received the confirmation that both my parents and my family were switched to Harmony of the Seas in November 2021. The balcony cabins have already been assigned, and they are perfectly located, on the same deck, a few cabins apart, just like we wanted!

The invoice price difference is what was expected with a slight change in itinerary. Kids Sail Free was honored, even though it is not offered on that particular Harmony sailing.

I am very happy with the outcome.

Glad to hear it all worked out for you in the end.  You will likely love the Harmony so much more than the original cruise you had booked anyways.  I know you started out posting here very frustrated, but thanks to all the good advice and encouragement from people on this forum, you actually found out the correct answers to your questions.  Too bad many of the phone representatives working for RCCL do not know half as much as the people who commonly post in these threads.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2020 at 12:17 PM, molly361 said:

Like Firely said try checking on Royal's website.  There have been reports of people changing from Western to Eastern or vice versa

When we did an L&S on our January Harmony Eastern to a February 2022 Harmony using the online L&S site, one of the listed sailing options available was a western, so maybe they've eased up that restriction a bit?

Also, the 2022 Harmony was actually about ~$800 less than the January 2021 Harmony, so we got the lower price rather than the "price-protected" price.

14 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Glad to hear it all worked out for you in the end.  You will likely love the Harmony so much more than the original cruise you had booked anyways.  

It is nice that the KSF will be honored in your case as well.

I am sure we will love Harmony more than Independence, although we are quite nostalgic about Indy: Indy was our very first cruise back in 2009, and then our son's very first cruise in 2014. :)

We loved everything about Indy, but will be in even more awe of Harmony.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 4:32 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

It is nice that the KSF will be honored in your case as well.

I am sure we will love Harmony more than Independence, although we are quite nostalgic about Indy: Indy was our very first cruise back in 2009, and then our son's very first cruise in 2014. 🙂

We loved everything about Indy, but will be in even more awe of Harmony.

Only problem is that after going on the Harmony, you may not want to go back to the Indy

I’m thinking about doing a L&S from November 2020 to November 2021. My final payment is due in about one week. If I L&S to next November is my final payment still due in one week or do they delay final payment till next August?