CL/SL future when cruising returns.

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Well then how would "Marci" feel if she could only use the DL going forward if she didn't book a suite ? Would she feel the loss of what she has worked toward with her loyalty?

Maybe you should ask her 😉

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

With COVID19, I can see limiting the SL to SUITES only. 😇  and NOT adding more people. SMH

I also see a good possibility that no dedicated lounges will be available. 

M8

Will Suite prices come down if there is no SL?.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Will Suite prices come down if there is no SL?.

From what I've seen just based on my L&S from March 2021 to March 2022 OS category...goodness no...it skyrocketed...Thank you L&S :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ashland said:

From what I've seen just based on my L&S from March 2021 to March 2022 OS category...goodness no...it skyrocketed...Thank you L&S :classic_biggrin:

Supply and demand! RCI knows we want to cruise and now. So,  what can we expect? 

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

One of the benefits is having a concierge, we might also see the lounge only used as the contact point to the concierge, but no more beverages services etc will be offered at leat for the time being. At some point the cruisline will also go back to the Lounge concept or come up with something new.

Would Suite passengers get an inclusive DP in exchange for losing the SL?

Edited by grapau27

17 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I wish. They have only gone up.

I gave up on cruising a while ago because of all the uncertainty and vowed not to book anything until the ships start sailing.  Well, that lasted a month until I saw a really good deal on a Sky Loft on Quantum in Alaska. 😄 Deals do exist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I gave up on cruising a while ago because of all the uncertainty and vowed not to book anything until the ships start sailing.  Well, that lasted a month until I saw a really good deal on a Sky Loft on Quantum in Alaska. 😄 Deals do exist.

We had 3 booked that were price protected when we L&S.  We went from Oasis to Symphony and Harmony. The price difference between the ships is a lot. I think we got a deal.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Okay.

Do you think D+ should be allowed access in an enlarged CL/SL.

No, access to D+ was already in its way out prior to the shutdown, they don’t go back and start allowing D+ access..  not D+ and haven’t sailed  in a suite but the suites deserve their own space...they paid the premium. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You went from 25 to  0  That was fast!😀

At this point I don't  care, I simply hope to cruise within the next 12 months, and I hope with RCCL. 

Hey - just a few months ago, the biggest problem in the world was plastic straws!

My suggestion was before COVID19. I have posted it numerous times. Honestly, I don’t see any private lounges for at least a while after sailing starts. I believe they could come back with the SL and limit it to just Suites and maintain proper social distancing. 

M8

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, access to D+ was already in its way out prior to the shutdown, they don’t go back and start allowing D+ access..  not D+ and haven’t sailed  in a suite but the suites deserve their own space...they paid the premium. 

Do you think the future is SL for Suites only?

CL for D,D+ and P loyalty?

Or will RCL get rid of all lounges under the excuse of social distancing.

48 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Supply and demand! RCI knows we want to cruise and now. So,  what can we expect? 

RCI is hoping there will be enough demand to support some of the ridiculous pricing that I have seen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Well, then they had better shut down the Schooner Bar and the Pub on the Royal Promenade as they are often packed as tightly as can be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Earned what  as  D+?     The same benefits as someone paying 10 times  the cost  a standard  cabin or the same benefits as one who has over 700 cruise points ( almost 6  times what is needed for D+)?    D+ is 180 points, a very nice show of loyalty and rewarded with a variety of generous benefits, but not worthy of what suite and Pinnacle guests should receive. 

I don't see the issue with using a DL rather than a CL?  Who cares what it is called?  What have you done  on ships  with  only a suite lounge and  diamond lounge?  If there is no CL what choice is there.  If the lounge name  is so important,  book a suite, sail enough to reach  the  Pinnacle category.    Other wise, be happy with a DL.

M

How would Pinnacles feel if because of social distancing they had only the DL and the SL was for Suites only? or all the free drink lounges were closed.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

All the CL will officially  become SL

SL restricted to suites only...pinnacles a ?

DL for loyalty tiers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1