CL/SL future when cruising returns.

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

RCG would probably appreciate your switch to X. But would you do that if X didnt have the current loyalty scheme?

Why would RCG appreciate the switch? A cabin booked within the group is a cabin booked.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why would RCG appreciate the switch? A cabin booked within the group is a cabin booked.

Because they have mentioned time and again that they expect RCI customers to migrate there as they grow the business

Why do status match if they didn't?

Now you're being contrary, I like it😁

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Because they have mentioned time and again that they expect RCI customers to migrate there as they grow the business

Why do status match if they didn't?

Now you're being contrary, I like it😁

Why not combine points into one account no matter which line within the group that you choose to sail on?

As for being contrary, I'm learning from the master.....😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Why not combine points into one account no matter which line within the group that you choose to sail on?

As for being contrary, I'm learning from the master.....😇

From what I've seen, they just can't figure that out. Bayley said they worked on it between the 2018 and 2019 President Cruise, and itvwas to complicated, ie expensive.

If you recall,  Celebrity has a very different way of earning points

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You'll have to go to Asia and wait a bit (she's due to be finished next year), but Global Dream will be the first non-RCI ship with a Flowrider.

Sounds like a pain.  Do they reciprocate my status?  😂

jc

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Bayley said they worked on it between the 2018 and 2019 President Cruise, and itvwas to complicated, ie expensive.

I thought for sure by now RC would have moved to a $ spent system, similar to X, but there must be some road blocks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

From what I've seen, they just can't figure that out. Bayley said they worked on it between the 2018 and 2019 President Cruise, and itvwas to complicated, ie expensive.

If you recall,  Celebrity has a very different way of earning points

Mr Bayley didn’t have the folks try very hard.  They were able to come up with the crazy system they have in place for RCI.  I remember it used to be 1 cruise 1 point. Longer cruise 2 points.  Then they did all of the per day stuff with multipliers for suites and December and solo and ....   they made the complicated system.  How hard would it be to convert the X to the current system?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Mr Bayley didn’t have the folks try very hard.  They were able to come up with the crazy system they have in place for RCI.  I remember it used to be 1 cruise 1 point. Longer cruise 2 points.  Then they did all of the per day stuff with multipliers for suites and December and solo and ....   they made the complicated system.  How hard would it be to convert the X to the current system?

Take a look at Celebrity scheme

This isn't exact,  but they have different points for inside, outside, balcony, and then multiple choices on suites.  Some go up to 7 or so per night.

So, they did a crazy scheme to X like RCI, when RCI converted their system, some people won and a few people lost.  Just convert them all to something semi justifiable and deal with it.  I suspect they didn’t do this because they don’t really want people to be able to switch between the two lines without suffering pain.  I mean if you can switch between RCI and X and the customer doesn’t hate the switch what is the danger that they might switch to Princess or NCL or Genting or HAL or and again find that they don’t hate it.  I think they like tying up people within a single part of the company because it is in their best interests to do so.

jc

38 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I think they like tying up people within a single part of the company because it is in their best interests to do so.

jc

Exactly. Don't get people used to changing lines within the group as that may well lead to changing to lines outside of the group. Heck, the average casual cruiser probably isn't even aware that multiple cruise lines are owned by the same parent corporation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, they did a crazy scheme to X like RCI, when RCI converted their system, some people won and a few people lost.  Just convert them all to something semi justifiable and deal with it.  I suspect they didn’t do this because they don’t really want people to be able to switch between the two lines without suffering pain.  I mean if you can switch between RCI and X and the customer doesn’t hate the switch what is the danger that they might switch to Princess or NCL or Genting or HAL or and again find that they don’t hate it.  I think they like tying up people within a single part of the company because it is in their best interests to do so.

jc

Screenshot_20200802-094321_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4877111acae2971cffda547d2c07a180.jpg

Screenshot_20200802-094339_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b4faf24f2402c9b9ee0c9f0755329ef4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Notice that X also has a large gap between Elite +  and Zenith.

The reciprocal for diamond or diamond + to elite is very nice.   We only have five sailings on Celebrity but we are Elite because of our RCCL status.  (One concierge cabin one aqua cabin and three plain balconies). When we sailed Celebrity they were using the lower point system. I haven’t bothered to look to see how my points converted to the new system. 

m

• Like 1

We like both Celebrity and Azamara for the itineraries. They offer many that RCI doesn't and at this point in our lives it has been more about where we go rather than just going.  Reciprocity to Elite/Voyager is a nice benefit but I don't see a loyalty match ever going to a higher level than that. Celebrity has an excellent Suite program and their restaurant Luminae and the Retreat Sundeck are only available to Suite guests...and not Zenith members. Zenith members do have access to the Retreat Lounge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2020 at 7:39 AM, John&LaLa said:

Where did it move to?

That is a good question

The deck plan for before and after show it in the same place, but the photos on the website show it above the promenade with a completely different design

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruise-ships/explorer-of-the-seas/things-to-do/diamond-club

8 minutes ago, compman9 said:

That is a good question

The deck plan for before and after show it in the same place, but the photos on the website show it above the promenade with a completely different design

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruise-ships/explorer-of-the-seas/things-to-do/diamond-club

Thanks. I know a lot of folks weren't happy with moving the DL from Deck 14 down to cigar lounge on some of her sisters

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

RCG would probably appreciate your switch to X. But would you do that if X didnt have the current loyalty scheme?

The "loyalty scheme" played no part in my decision to try X. The ship, itinerary, cabin category, price and the 4 perks included certainly did. The Elite status was of no concern at all...we didn't even visit their lounge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks. I know a lot of folks weren't happy with moving the DL from Deck 14 down to cigar lounge on some of her sisters

Yes, as the deck plan is still showing the same place, it is still an unknown, but the 'photos' look very real - It also looks large enough to cater for the additional guests

I don't know about others, but I'd love the idea of overlooking the promenade during happy hour 

5 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Yes, as the deck plan is still showing the same place, it is still an unknown, but the 'photos' look very real - It also looks large enough to cater for the additional guests

I don't know about others, but I'd love the idea of overlooking the promenade during happy hour 

That was the original design of Oasis and Allure

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Take a look at Celebrity scheme

This isn't exact,  but they have different points for inside, outside, balcony, and then multiple choices on suites.  Some go up to 7 or so per night.

Points per cabin category is a good idea.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Me too. Much better way to track loyalty. 😇

M8

How is that a better way to track loyalty? Loyalty is about how much of your business you give to a company in relation to how much of your business goes to the competition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How is that a better way to track loyalty? Loyalty is about how much if your business you give to a company in relation to how much of your business goes to the competition.

Award points by $ spent with Royal. Not really referring to X, it just happened to be the example used. 

M8

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Award points by $ spent with Royal. Not really referring to X, it just happened to be the example used. 

M8

Which makes someone more loyal, spending more dollars on one cruise or spending more dollars by taking multiple cruises?

• Like 1