CL/SL future when cruising returns.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not all Pinnacles are old, we have met many young Pinnacles.  How do you know that the Pinnacles that typically avoid the lounges because of crowding will not now decide to go to the lounges instead of one of the bars?

You have no way of knowing what will happen until you are on a ship once cruising resumes.

None of us know what the future holds especially when cruising resumes and what format is deployed in DL/SL when social distancing is introduced.

Possibly more lounge space will be used as overflow lounges.

Ships will probably be restricted to a maximum of 75% capacity to allow for social distancing.

Graham

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

I'll take a shot at a response. As Island Lady said, there's a long way from D+ to P,  a very long way.  It would be impractical to give all D+ access to SL/CK.  As you know, however, there are already added mini benefits as you progress up the D+ ladder, the last being at 525, which is an additional one bottle of wine or whatever.  Why not include those D+ at 525 or above to have some limited.exposure to P benefits.  This exposure provides an incentive to keep chasing after P.   

Those extra benefits you propose to give D+  are what  those who reached pinnacle receive.   

D+ (at 340 or 525 puts) already receive  some additional benefits, many of which already are the same as pinnacle benefits. (Three amenity gifts-same list as pinnacle , similar on-board coupons, a loyalty lounge, concierge services, evening drink vouchers, meal with an officer etc.    

Save something for those who have reached pinnacle! 

And yes , it can take a long time to reach  pinnacle. Many pinnacles don’t live in Florida or don’t live near any RCCL. 
m

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not all Pinnacles are old, we have met many young Pinnacles.  How do you know that the Pinnacles that typically avoid the lounges because of crowding will not now decide to go to the lounges instead of one of the bars?

You have no way of knowing what will happen until you are on a ship once cruising resumes.

I know a bunch under 60. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

None of us know what the future holds especially when cruising resumes and what format is deployed in DL/SL when social distancing is introduced.

Possibly more lounge space will be used as overflow lounges.

Ships will probably be restricted to a maximum of 75% capacity to allow for social distancing.

Graham

My “guess” would be more like 50%. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Those extra benefits you propose to give D+  are what  those who reached pinnacle receive.   

D+ (at 340 or 525 puts) already receive  some additional benefits, many of which already are the same as pinnacle benefits. (Three amenity gifts-same list as pinnacle , similar on-board coupons, a loyalty lounge, concierge services, evening drink vouchers, meal with an officer etc.    

And yes , it can take a long time to reach  pinnacle. Many pinnacles don’t live in Florida or don’t live near any RCCL. 
m

Thanks. And they knew the levels when they started. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You will soon be Pinnacle. After waiting so long and abiding by the rules, you knew what it took to get there. Would you support D+ having access to all the things Pinnacle’s have?  SL/CK access. I’m pretty sure when you wanted that access, you booked a suite. 

Abiding by the rules?  How else would one become  pinnacle (or any level for that matter ) if not abiding by the rules?    

Serious question. 
m

15 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Abiding by the rules?  How else would one become  pinnacle (or any level for that matter ) if not abiding by the rules?    

Serious question. 
m

By not asking for more than what was published like a few D+ on here are suggesting. SL/CK for D+ over 525. They knew the established guidelines a long time ago. 

M8

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

I think the Free Cruise is a massive Pinnacle benefit.

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They knew the established guidelines a long time ago. 

Correct... and the "guidelines" clearly stated that D+ had access to the Concierge Lounge.  Seems like you think the "guidelines" only apply in one direction.

Please don't fall back on your standard "Terms and Conditions" response.  Try to come up with something new.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I suspect only balcony cabins. The insides reserved for Crew and Quarantine? 

+1.

Again that would be my answer too.

We always have a cabin with a balcony and if covid19 struck I'm sure everyone would be thankful they had a balcony cabin so they could get fresh air and sunshine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

Correct... and the "guidelines" clearly stated that D+ had access to the Concierge Lounge.  Seems like you think the "guidelines" only apply in one direction.

Please don't fall back on your standard "Terms and Conditions" response.  Try to come up with something new.

Why not?  Because you don’t like them?  The CL says on select ships. 

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, why destroy the longest span of C&A level?   Going from Diamond plus to Pinnie...is a long...long road😮 

Isn't that a Neil Diamond song? It's a long..long road, with many a winding turn that leads to who, who knows where.....

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My “guess” would be more like 50%. 

That would also be mine. Think of the Royal Promenade in the evening or the pool deck during the day. Cutting that crowd back by only 25% doesn't make a bit of difference as far as social distancing goes.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

By not asking for more than what was published like a few D+ on here are suggesting. SL/CK for D+ over 525. They knew the established guidelines a long time ago. 

M8

Why does the groaning of a few have you on such a rampage against against us D+ folks? I would like to say that most of the D+ people that I have met on the ships are very nice. The problem with that is I don't really know the level of most people I talk to on the ships. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, yogimax said:

But how can D+ have access so something that doesn't exist any longer? If it did I guess we would have access to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

+1.

Again that would be my answer too.

We always have a cabin with a balcony and if covid19 struck I'm sure everyone would be thankful they had a balcony cabin so they could get fresh air and sunshine.

And hopefully I like the people who have the balconies on either side of me.😊

• Haha 2