CL/SL future when cruising returns.

55 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Ok, my apologies.  I just get sick and tired of people who only ever book inside cabins and don't spend an extra dime onboard who moan about their freebies not being enough. 

Why should something like that bother you? Everyone had a choice. They pay for what they want and can afford. We all find something to complain about. 

No two people think the same. 

Enjoy your cruise. Let them enjoy theirs. 

Stay Safe. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

I’ve been cruising with RCL since 1970 “Song of Norway” but not loyal to any particular cruise line. I enjoy going on new ships & having different experiences. You should definitely give the Haven & YC a try & see what they offer.  Only reason I cruise RCL now is convenience of home ports in NE. Wish MSC didn’t cancel their NYC cruises for 2020 & 2021 had B2B’s booked for each year. 

Agree with you. No one cruise line has it all. MSC is a new experience. BiG bang for the buck. 

New ships are outstanding!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Apparently other's loyalty is....Easy for some to look down on those that aren't yet P's.

Hope you're not one of those.

Why would anyone look down on others.  We are all part of C&A, obviously like RCCL cruises and all work through the levels one category at a time.

By the way, I never mentioned I was Pinnacle.

m

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Looks like Freedom 2017 CL. 

M8

This photo was 10-5-2019 on Explorer.

Freedoms CL was in a similar location and looked very similar to this in June 17 when we were on her.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Agree with you. No one cruise line has it all. MSC is a new experience. BiG bang for the buck. 

New ships are outstanding!

I agree. We have sailed MSC Yacht Club on Divina, Seaside and Meraviglia. The Yacht Club is a great experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

Same with Symphony and still crowded. Nice to have overflow attached.

By the way, the deck 4 DL is bigger than the original DL on Oasis and Allure.  And that one was just as much a dungeon. 

I disagree with you. Been on them all. The DL on the Oasis and Allure was two decks looking out  at the Boardwalk. The Harmony moved the DL to Deck 4 and replaced the DL on Deck 11 and 12 with the Wonderland. 

DL on Harmony AND Symphony on Deck 4 smaller. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Am I correct that when the Concierge lounges were opened, they were intended for suite passengers but at some point D+ ( the highest category at that time) was allowed access?  

Is there anyone on this thread that can recall if this is correct? 

Thanks.

m

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Enjoy and let us know what you think the future holds for CL/SLs

Who knows?????? Your guess is as good as anyone's guess.  I do suspect that all CL will be renamed SL, but I have no direct knowledge.  

M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Am I correct that when the Concierge lounges were opened, they were intended for suite passengers but at some point D+ ( the highest category at that time) was allowed access?  

Thanks.

m

D members had access to CL's at one time as well.  Don't believe D+ existed at the time but I honestly can't remember for sure.

Our favorite CL was on our Ovation cruises in Asia...wonderful views from the aft Deck 12...it was big and almost always empty.........when we repositioned from Asia to Australia, then there were more visitors to the CL.😄

Note: The CL even had a restroom.

Hoping they keep those Quantum class CL open.

19 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thanks.

m

I agree with you. CL was available to D+. On Adventure April and May 2019, the CL was on deck 11. D+ were allowed.

.DL on maybe deck 4? Can't remember 100% very narrow long room,  no windows. 

Edited by Oxo

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I agree with you. CL was available to D+. On Adventure April and May 2019, the CL was on deck 11. D+ were allowed.

.DL on maybe deck 4? Can't remember 100% very narrow long room,  no windows. 

I guess I was not clear.   I meant the initial opening, years ago, when the lounge concept was first offered. 

M

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

I guess I was not clear.   I meant the initial opening, years ago, when the lounge concept was first offered. 

M

Sorry,  don't remember when first offered. 

4 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

How many ships still have a CL.  Thought they all were being converted to SL

We sailed Grandeur,  Brilliance and Rhapsody within the past year and all three still had a CL.  We also sailed Majesty and there is no lounge of any kind.  

M

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

I disagree with you. Been on them all. The DL on the Oasis and Allure was two decks looking out  at the Boardwalk. The Harmony moved the DL to Deck 4 and replaced the DL on Deck 11 and 12 with the Wonderland. 

Just to be clear, Harmony and Symphony NEVER had a DL on Deck 11/12.  I’m sure it was already drawn up this way years in advance of completion.

M8

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Our favorite CL was on our Ovation cruises in Asia...wonderful views from the aft Deck 12...it was big and almost always empty.........when we repositioned from Asia to Australia, then there were more visitors to the CL.😄

Note: The CL even had a restroom.

Hoping they keep those Quantum class CL open.

Agree....The Quantum class does have a nice CL...a long walk but worth it and it's nice they have their own restroom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I remember when we sailed on Allure the Diamond lounge location in Sept 2015 was replaced on Harmony when we sailed on her in May 2016 by Wonderland restaurant.

So you never sailed Oasis and Allure with the original DL and SL layouts?

The allure DL you saw in 2015 was the old CL.

Fortunately for you, they've kept it a while longer.

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just to be clear, Harmony and Symphony NEVER had a DL on Deck 11/12.  I’m sure it was already drawn up this way years in advance of completion.

M8

Very true....But how great was the CL on Oasis when they served lunch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Diamonds originally had CL access taken away and until recently D+ had CL access which has apparently been taken away although we had CL Access as D+ on Explorer in October 2019.

Unfortunately they had to due to out of control growth in the upper tiers. 

It will likely happen again.

Royal did add DL's some time after the D's got das boot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Disagree all you want, but you don't know the history and didn't understand what I wrote.

• Like 1