If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

On 1/17/2021 at 9:50 AM, smokeybandit said:

There have been a bunch of studies done on child transmission and the general theme is children either don't get or if they do, don't transmit it to others.

The flu can harm high risk people, too, but there's no drive to mandate flu vaccines on a cruise.

I don't know what studies you have read, but from what I have read and heard doctors report is that children most certainly do transmit Covid if they are infected. Most children are asymptomatic but still transmit the disease.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I don't know what studies you have read, but from what I have read and heard doctors report is that children most certainly do transmit Covid if they are infected. Most children are asymptomatic but still transmit the disease.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/12/we-now-know-how-much-children-spread-coronavirus/

3 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I have never had a single vaccine in my life, just like my family and we see no reason of having this vaccine either. Its just another type of flue which is mutating every year. You do a vaccine now, then there is another type of virus and so on.. 

This kind of thinking is exactly why we have 400,000 deaths and more than 25 million cases of COVID in the U.S. I fervently hope all cruise line require proof of vaccination so responsible people won't encounter people like you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Which is precisely why masks will be worn on cruise ships forever after this. Not on land perhaps but on cruise ships. They won't want to get sued. Mark my words.

I don't think so. If cruise lines mandate EVERYONE be vaccinated, including crew, there should be no reason at all to require masking or social distancing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I have never had a single vaccine in my life, just like my family and we see no reason of having this vaccine either. Its just another type of flue which is mutating every year. You do a vaccine now, then there is another type of virus and so on.. 

If need be, I will be vaccinated for Covid yearly. Simple as that.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But truthfully, I just don't over think things

Exactly. Some do that too much. 

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

I would prefer the cruise lines require both shots.

Me too. 

I don't think so. If cruise lines mandate EVERYONE be vaccinated, including crew, there should be no reason at all to require masking or social distancing.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

But vaccine is not 100% effective. It is not that people will get die onboard or they could ever get a major outbreak now. It will be mostly the risk of being sued for getting it on the ship that will be the main concern of them in the future. Vaccines alone won't stop that risk.

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I wonder how many others got flu shots for the first time, hence the mild flu season.

Me!!!

In my 60s, generally I am pretty healthy so never bothered, even when offered by my company.  This year the thought of potentially catching both flu and covid was too scary. When my Dr's surgery offered it I jumped at it 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But vaccine is not 100% effective. It is not that people will get die onboard or they could ever get a major outbreak now. It will be mostly the risk of being sued for getting it on the ship that will be the main concern of them in the future. Vaccines alone won't stop that risk.

Even with everyone having been vaccinated, there will still need to be good hygienic practices for most to enjoy a healthy cruise in the future.  So some mask wearing and social distancing will likely remain in vogue for quite a while.  Dealing with hopefully rare random outbreaks will be a process the cruise lines will need to develop and perfect in order to avoid completely disrupting and rerouting cruises when such inevitable cases may occur during sailing.

The legal risks to the cruise lines will likely be mitigated by the waivers and disclaimers that passengers will need to accept to board and participate on cruise ships.  Some risks are already spelled out on all of our cruise and travel ticket contracts.  It is likely that some other risks may be added to such ticket contracts and we cruisers will have to accept such risks as part of the cruising experience.  What the cruise lines will be liable for is some breach in their due diligence duty to keep a safe and healthy environment and follow accepted health practices.

What the cruise lines want to avoid are the large scale outbreaks which shut down their operations (by regulatory agencies/CDC), restrict their ports of call or otherwise impact their return to cruising operations in an overall safe and economical (read profitable) manner.

Vaccines and eventual herd immunity are the hope to control the widespread nature of this virus.  Time now will tell if these help resolve this pandemic.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 7:49 AM, MaddyandMax said:

This may have been asked but we are at 54 pages... LOL

Currently children under 16 can't get the vaccine.  Do you think children will be barred from cruises for the foreseeable future until that either changes or we have "herd immunity" (if that ever happens).

Children can and are asymptomatic carriers.  If they are not allowed to or their parents will not let them get vaccinated, they should not be allowed to cruise.  Your rights to do things stop when they might impact my health.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bmblob said:

What the cruise lines want to avoid are the large scale outbreaks which shut down their operations (by regulatory agencies/CDC), restrict their ports of call or otherwise impact their return to cruising operations in an overall safe and economical (read profitable) manner.

I don't think that will happen unless the CDC really is out to destroy the cruise industry.  To my knowledge but you may know differently the CDC have never restricted cruising for another outbreak like Noro or Flu not once they had a vaccine anyway and there is no vaccine for noro to my knowledge. With the existence of vaccines and yearly uptake of said vaccines they will be unlikely to do so. Once sailing resumes they will likely step back. But being sued will always be a big problem moving forward. Masks forever will be the only way to defend against that.

Edited by ace2542

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I don't think that will happen unless the CDC really is out to destroy the cruise industry.  To my knowledge but you may know differently the CDC have never restricted cruising for another outbreak like Noro or Flu not once they had a vaccine anyway and there is vaccine for noro to my knowledge. With the existence of vaccines and yearly uptake of said vaccines they will be unlikely to do so. Once sailing resumes they will likely step back. But being sued will always be a big problem moving forward. Masks forever will be the only way to defend against that.

What is the vaccine for noro called?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Like this🤔

Screenshot_20210118-192234_Google.thumb.jpg.e635e9044d38f01307a4ba54a99893e4.jpg

They probably should do. The only way to defend against lawsuits? After all wouldn't people claim I don't know 14 days loss of earnings plus god knows what else so more than the couple of thousand the english ambo chasers claim you can get for a package holiday.  Many fake claims in that area as well.