If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

16 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

I am in the Orlando Pfizer COVID vaccine study and have received both the vaccine and the booster 4 weeks later.  

I travel every week for business and have a new grandson.  In addition, I have two disabled adult children, one with health issues, so having immunity as soon as possible was worth the risk of participating in the trial.

This is my experience and information I have been given.

The vaccine’s predominate side effect is a very sore arm, worse than a tetanus shot but not as bad as Shingrex.  The booster causes a bit more soreness than the first vaccine.  Also, I felt a bit under the weather the day after both injections, not as bad as Shingrex but just a little off.

The efficacy so far is in line with major vaccines like small pox, diphtheria, Shringrex.... fairly close to 100% effective.  The virus is structurally nothing like the flu so the vaccines are completely different animals, comparing the flu vaccine efficacy to the COVID vaccine is like comparing apples to broccoli.

The Pfizer vaccine is an RNA vaccine, there is no live virus so chances of getting Covid from the vaccine are 0%.  Moderna is the same.  I believe that Astra Zeneca is using a biological delivery system so their’s is completely different.  I can’t comment on how that works.

The Pfizer vaccine developed so quickly because AI and quantum computing are driving data analysis.  AI and quantum computing can now quickly analyze trillions of data sets that just a few years ago took five years.  Now that same data set can be deciphered in less than one minute.  Northwestern University is a major contributor to the computing aspect.

Our study was supposed to end today for first round immunizations but the trial was extended for two weeks.  Anyone in the Orlando area over 70 or an essential worker, if interested, give Pfizer a call ASAP.  They give you $250 for each visit and $5 per week for reporting.  The compensation is nominal and I would have happily paid them to be in the study as I am now immune to the disease.

Approval is anticipated in October and production is already in full force.  I have no idea when it will be delivered.  The goal is to get it out before flu season is in full force, although, Pfizer has spend billions on development and every day is costing them millions of dollars so they, of course, will deliver as soon as is humanly possible.

I read that the US government bought 400 million doses but I can not verify that as everything I read has an agenda one way or the other so I take it all with a grain of salt.

I can, however, from my first hand experience, say that the Pfizer vaccine is safe and effective for me.  No one in Pfizer phase two or three has had any serious side effects and almost 100% have developed antibodies that are more than adequate to keep COVID at bay.  A few people in phase one who were given very high experimental dosages had passing out episodes but that was the most severe reaction and the current dosages are much lower.

Thats my experience.  I hope it helps people decide.

You are a direct part of helping conquer this pandemic.  Without folks like you volunteering, we would have no shot at gathering data to assist the fight against Covid.   Thank you and good luck!

• Like 2

On 8/31/2020 at 9:52 PM, mek said:

Of course I realize that - my point was if I would be willing to get the vaccine during a phase 3 trial then I don't see why it would be any different after the trial - as far as side effects are involved.   And yes once I had the vaccine I would be willing to expose myself to life as it used to be, but  I would imagine the shots don't kick in immediately, so there is probably a short time where immunity isn't complete and a little extra care would be necessary.  I don't know abut that part and unless you are an epidemiologist working on any of the vaccines in development, my guess is you don't know either.

At least for the Moderna phase 3 trial, you get two shots 30 days apart (both real or both placebo, 50/50 odds).  Looking at the earlier trial reports and primate studies, it looked to me like people had achieved most of the immunity a couple weeks after the first shot.  Many people can tell if they got the real thing, because often there are noticeable side effects like swelling and fatigue that you don't get from the placebo saline shot.  The whole experience has been fascinating and they take good care of you.  Also, they pay you, and it works out to more than a cruise fare!

As far as other people joking about a RCCL discount plan for vaccines, don't worry about it.  The feds have pre-paid for hundreds of millions of doses and intend to give them out free to people like CVS who charge you $20 or whatever if you don't have insurance, or nothing if you do.  One cool thing, at least about Moderna, is it appears to be nearly 100% effective, so it will not depend upon herd immunity to be effective like the flu shot does - the implication being that you don't need to care if your neighbor gets the shot or not.  Your immunity won't depend upon whatever other people decide to do.  If enough people voluntarily get the vaccine the R0 number will drop below 1.0 and the plague will dry out - there won't be any reason to make it mandatory.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:22 AM, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hey - thanks.  That is excellent description.  A little confused - so basically, no one knows how it works or if it will work?

NJ

We know that the candidate vaccines stimulate a high level of covid antibodies.  We know that in a group of (unfortunate) monkeys they gave half of them the vaccine and half not, and exposed them to massive covid vaccine infections.  The non-vaccine group had a lot of terrible illness.  The vaccine group not only had no illness but also they couldn't find any surviving viruses in their blood.  Sadly these monkeys had to be killed after the study, which is tragic considering all the extra politicians in the world that could have been put to good use instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, garywatson said:

One cool thing, at least about Moderna, is it appears to be nearly 100% effective, so it will not depend upon herd immunity to be effective like the flu shot does - the implication being that you don't need to care if your neighbor gets the shot or not.  Your immunity won't depend upon whatever other people decide to do.  If enough people voluntarily get the vaccine the R0 number will drop below 1.0 and the plague will dry out - there won't be any reason to make it mandatory.

I hope this part turns out to be be the case.  I have friends and family who absolutely won't get the vaccine but as long as I'm protected that is what matters most to me.

52 minutes ago, garywatson said:

We know that the candidate vaccines stimulate a high level of covid antibodies.  We know that in a group of (unfortunate) monkeys they gave half of them the vaccine and half not, and exposed them to massive covid vaccine infections.  The non-vaccine group had a lot of terrible illness.  The vaccine group not only had no illness but also they couldn't find any surviving viruses in their blood.  Sadly these monkeys had to be killed after the study, which is tragic considering all the extra politicians in the world that could have been put to good use instead.

I find this interesting but somewhat disturbing.  Many years ago, I served as the public member of a research committee at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital that dealt with animal used in experimentation.  I can tell you that we took our job very seriously.  We evaluated every request from mice to monkeys.  I can say that in my many years on the committee we approved a total of less than a handful of monkeys for experimentation.  In every case of animal use, humane treatment had to be demonstrated.  I find it distressing, If what you say is true, and large numbers of monkeys died in these tests.  It would indicate to me that the best scientific protocol was not being used and Operation Warp Speed may have cut corners.

5 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I find this interesting but somewhat disturbing.  Many years ago, I served as the public member of a research committee at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital that dealt with animal used in experimentation.  I can tell you that we took our job very seriously.  We evaluated every request from mice to monkeys.  I can say that in my many years on the committee we approved a total of less than a handful of monkeys for experimentation.  In every case of animal use, humane treatment had to be demonstrated.  I find it distressing, If what you say is true, and large numbers of monkeys died in these tests.  It would indicate to me that the best scientific protocol was not being used and Operation Warp Speed may have cut corners.

My speculation is that they put the animals down because they were (deliberately) infected with a deadly and contagious disease, but the document I read only mentioned it in passing so I don't know. 

Edited by garywatson

On 9/11/2020 at 10:51 PM, the more ports the better said:

The vaccine’s predominate side effect is a very sore arm, worse than a tetanus shot but not as bad as Shingrex.  The booster causes a bit more soreness than the first vaccine.  Also, I felt a bit under the weather the day after both injections, not as bad as Shingrex but just a little off.

The efficacy so far is in line with major vaccines like small pox, diphtheria, Shringrex.... fairly close to 100% effective.  The virus is structurally nothing like the flu so the vaccines are completely different animals, comparing the flu vaccine efficacy to the COVID vaccine is like comparing apples to broccoli.

Oh man the Shingrix shots were 100x more horrible than my experience with the covid vaccine candidate.  I think I might have preferred getting actual shingles.

23 hours ago, garywatson said:

Oh man the Shingrix shots were 100x more horrible than my experience with the covid vaccine candidate.  I think I might have preferred getting actual shingles.

I had aches, fever, lethargy and stayed home from work the day after each Shringrex shot, but I'd do it all over again to avoid shingles.  I'd take the same reaction to avoid COVID.

7 minutes ago, BND said:

Sounds interesting, but it seems like it is a long way from reality. Seems like vaccines currently in development will be available long before this is.

Edited by time4u2go

I'm surprised that vaccine trial candidates are allowed to publically discuss their scenarios.  My DH was part of a major medical test study.  He was #11 of initial 20 people and we both had to sign papers we would not discuss details to even direct family.   The trials went on for more than 2 or 3 years and saved the lives of thousands of people but I'm not even sure I can even discuss now with all the legal docs we signed.

I'm happy to hear all the positive news about both Pfizer and moderna vaccines and hopefully someone that is immuno compromised will be allowed to get the vaccine.

Thank you very much to all the candidates.  I was asked twice by one if the medical labs if I wanted to participate but declined.

I have all the faith that we have great scientists in our world and we will get this resolved soon.

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm surprised that vaccine trial candidates are allowed to publically discuss their scenarios.  My DH was part of a major medical test study.  He was #11 of initial 20 people and we both had to sign papers we would not discuss details to even direct family.   The trials went on for more than 2 or 3 years and saved the lives of thousands of people but I'm not even sure I can even discuss now with all the legal docs we signed.

I'm happy to hear all the positive news about both Pfizer and moderna vaccines and hopefully someone that is immuno compromised will be allowed to get the vaccine.

Thank you very much to all the candidates.  I was asked twice by one if the medical labs if I wanted to participate but declined.

I have all the faith that we have great scientists in our world and we will get this resolved soon.

My DH who is 63 and type II and takes meds for slightly high bp and cholesterol volunteered, but he wasn't fast enough and the facility is in MD (we live in VA, but only about 20 miles away) so he didn't get picked, but he was more than willing.  As I've said before, he's retired US Navy 0-6 and looks for ways to serve.  I was surprised to see something from participants too.  

6 minutes ago, BND said:

Um okay.  That proves nothing either way.  Try to be positive.

You asked what we thought of it and I gave you my opinion. I think that if this new thing were to be available anytime soon they would have said so. They didn't.

Do you honestly think this new thing would just leapfrog all of the vaccines that are currently undergoing months-long trials? They haven't even begun human trials. Wouldn't it also take months to test once they do start human trials?

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:07 PM, yogimax said:

I find it distressing, If what you say is true, and large numbers of monkeys died in these tests.  It would indicate to me that the best scientific protocol was not being used and Operation Warp Speed may have cut corners.

I imagine when working on a PANDEMIC of a deadly disease  LARGE numbers of test animals would NOT mean they are cutting corners, rather the opposite might be true.

All the animals used no matter if they died or survived will have been carefully examined which sadly includes post mortem examinations. 

Edited by boscobeans

9 hours ago, time4u2go said:

You asked what we thought of it and I gave you my opinion. I think that if this new thing were to be available anytime soon they would have said so. They didn't.

Do you honestly think this new thing would just leapfrog all of the vaccines that are currently undergoing months-long trials? They haven't even begun human trials. Wouldn't it also take months to test once they do start human trials?

The most interesting part of the report is: "The drug also reportedly does not bind to human cells, which suggests it will not have negative side effects in people."

If this is true the risk factor would be very low if any at all..  

IF is a very important part of the above...

16 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

The most interesting part of the report is: "The drug also reportedly does not bind to human cells, which suggests it will not have negative side effects in people."

If this is true the risk factor would be very low if any at all..  

IF is a very important part of the above...

I noticed that too.  That would obviously be great.  It will be interesting to see what happens with this drug.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:07 PM, yogimax said:

Do you find negative in everything?

Seems your narrative is you're annoyed its working. SMH

This isn't makeup we're talking about

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

This isn't makeup we're talking about

This was Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital.  Guess you simply don't know...

It wasn't the snide remark of "makeup" we were working on, but saving people's lives from cancer!

39 minutes ago, yogimax said:

It wasn't the snide remark of "makeup" we were working on, but saving people's lives from cancer!

If you want to save people from Cancer then end your Covid19 fear mongering so people actually go to the Dr. again.  I forgot tho, cancer has stopped for the past 6 months. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

I don't care about that right now, think big picture. Science and Warp Speed is working, which is great for the country and the world. 

Why does this bother you so much.🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1