If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

So, I am not a fan of internet facts, but who exactly is the official internet fact checker?

I am a believer of almost nothing I read on the internet, and especially facts at a site called cruise critic.

I am, also, not a fan of those who wander around saying this is false, and this is true.  

Just sayin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll be waiting a year or two before considering getting the vaccine, I am not satisfied with the testing. Most importantly, there are no long term studies available due to rushed development.  I'm in no hurry to get on a cruise ship either as I don't like the idea of having to wear a mask everywhere all the time.

Edited by tullers
grammar
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I didn't see a graph that shows year-over-year deaths for the US.

Beware of people bearing graphs.  The CDC hasn't released a final death toll for 2019, much less 2020. So any numbers will be misleading at best.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/12/24/fact-check-2020-more-deadly-than-recent-years-u-s/3927190001/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

“Once in a century pandemic”

DAB95DB8-FC28-4B48-96FE-7E43D13528D1.jpeg

BFF5AE2E-659C-44C5-A210-671CFEE4E81E.jpeg

The first graph shows a pretty steady decline from the 1970's until very recent, then it spikes up. Not a very compelling arguement. Edit: I would throw away the 1950's as it was right after WW2 and I'm sure living conditions were pretty miserable in post-was Germany back then.  Starting at the 1980's would be more comparable to modern times.

The 2nd graph is "adjusted" for population and age. It's per 100 K so not sure why it needs to be  adjusted for population and age. Perhaps to remove those that died of Covid? lol

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Beware of people bearing graphs.  The CDC hasn't released a final death toll for 2019, much less 2020. So any numbers will be misleading at best.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/12/24/fact-check-2020-more-deadly-than-recent-years-u-s/3927190001/

I did find this from the CDC. Pretty telling. 

Screenshot_20210129-205427.png

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

The first graph shows a pretty steady decline from the 1970's until very recent, then it spikes up. Not a very compelling arguement. Edit: I would throw away the 1950's as it was right after WW2 and I'm sure living conditions were pretty miserable in post-was Germany back then.  Starting at the 1980's would be more comparable to modern times.

The 2nd graph is "adjusted" for population and age. It's per 100 K so not sure why it needs to be  adjusted for population and age. Perhaps to remove those that died of Covid? lol

No1 has the testicular fortitude to say what the first graph really means.  

5 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

No1 has the testicular fortitude to say what the first graph really means.  

What your first graph means was you were trying to obfuscate significant data by presenting data for 70 years and compressing the significant portion of it into like 3 pixels at the end to try to convince people that COVID deaths are not significant.

image.thumb.png.9b88a33059a2dac9a3f01203329a2c79.png

This is what you should have posted.

Edited by UnorigionalName
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, UnorigionalName said:

What your first graph means was you were trying to obfuscate significant data by presenting data for 70 years and compressing the significant portion of it into like 3 pixels at the end to try to convince people that COVID deaths are not significant.

Nope try again 

10 hours ago, UnorigionalName said:

Here you go UnoriginalThoughts

44BA966D-112B-49C5-967F-1FA8582769F7.jpeg

11 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Me too

Just don’t get it if you are pregnant 

Speaking as an Obstetrician...

Pregnant women have not been studied at all with regard to the Covid-19 vaccines but the clinical opinion from the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists has concluded based upon the science of these mRNA vaccines that it seems reasonable and safe for pregnant women to receive the vaccine as a means of preventing and/or reducing the severity of Covid-19 illness.  ACOG does not believe that pregnancy should disqualify a woman from being offered this immunization. 

Studies are ongoing to review the impact of both the vaccine and Covid illness upon pregnancy and newborn outcomes.

Pregnant women are not among the highest risk groups, such as those over 75, but many HCWs who are pregnant or who are nursing (breastfeeding) have been offered and taken the vaccine thusfar.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Kinda surprised women haven't putvoff getting pregnant during pandemic. 

Was there ever a baby boom attributed to first lockdown?

I just read an article yesterday...

"The paper, published by the peer-reviewed JAMA Pediatrics, also said that the longer the period between when a mother caught the virus and when the newborn was delivered, the greater the amount of antibodies transferred".

link to the article

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/pregnant-women-infected-with-covid-19-transfer-antibodies-to-babies-study-1.5287749

• Thanks 1