Quick question about cancellation

Our school district is pushing back the start of the school year because of COVID. DD will now be in school 12 days longer.  The cruise we had was planned for right after graduation.  If we went she would miss last week of school and her graduation ceremony.  Needless to say, this will not happen for us.  We had two cabins booked.  Wife and myself in one, DD and friend in the other.  I know if we cancel we lose the $250 per cabin deposit.  We have also made various payments toward each with gift cards and debit card.  QUESTION:  When I cancel, will the money, except for the deposits, ONLY be refunded to me or can I transfer them to another NEW booking we are making for August of 2021 to take it's place?  Thank you in advance, everyone.

If I were you, I would call Carnival or your travel agent if you used one and ask.  It seems I have heard of some who were even able to transfer the deposit, but I am not sure.

Edited by mbglib

4 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Our school district is pushing back the start of the school year because of COVID. DD will now be in school 12 days longer.  The cruise we had was planned for right after graduation.  If we went she would miss last week of school and her graduation ceremony.  Needless to say, this will not happen for us.  We had two cabins booked.  Wife and myself in one, DD and friend in the other.  I know if we cancel we lose the $250 per cabin deposit.  We have also made various payments toward each with gift cards and debit card.  QUESTION:  When I cancel, will the money, except for the deposits, ONLY be refunded to me or can I transfer them to another NEW booking we are making for August of 2021 to take it's place?  Thank you in advance, everyone.

You should be able to transfer everything but the deposit and as others have said quite possibly also the deposit.

As a former school board member, I thank you for putting your daughter's schooling and graduation as a first prioroity.

Final Update:  Called and they did an itinerary/ship/date change and charged us $50 pp.  Changed it to the August cruise out of Miami and all the monies were already there as it is the same booking number.  Better than losing the $500 deposit, and waiting for the refunds.  Also, she found us a $100 obc while she was at it per cabin.  Overall...… very pleased with my experience. Thank you, everybody for your comments and suggestions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Final Update:  Called and they did an itinerary/ship/date change and charged us $50 pp.  Changed it to the August cruise out of Miami and all the monies were already there as it is the same booking number.  Better than losing the $500 deposit, and waiting for the refunds.  Also, she found us a $100 obc while she was at it per cabin.  Overall...… very pleased with my experience. Thank you, everybody for your comments and suggestions.

That's great, and the $100 OBC at least partially offsets the $50 charges.