Will cruising from the US return by the end of the year?

NMTraveller

Will cruising from the US return by the end of the year?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Will cruising from the US return by the end of the year?

• Yes
    • No

Princess has cancelled ALL CRUISES until Dec 15, 2020.  I just got an email from them.    I am sure that RCCL and Celebrity will follow soon.   In fact, my guess, there will be no cruising until early 2022 unless a vaccine is available and tried and true,.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, pink845 said:

Princess has cancelled ALL CRUISES until Dec 15, 2020.  I just got an email from them.    I am sure that RCCL and Celebrity will follow soon.   In fact, my guess, there will be no cruising until early 2022 unless a vaccine is available and tried and true,.

Cruising will have to resume before then, no company can survive with 0 cash flow for 2 years. Expect cruising to resume by next summer, in some capacity, at the latest. My money is on early 2021 once vaccines are rolled out.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ben100014 said:

Cruising will have to resume before then, no company can survive with 0 cash flow for 2 years. Expect cruising to resume by next summer, in some capacity, at the latest. My money is on early 2021 once vaccines are rolled out.

Lots of companies declaring BK during this crisis the cruise lines would just be additional companies, not even US ones at that.

Temperature checks during flu season would be great.   Someone exhibiting symptoms has no reason to be spreading whatever they have to the rest of the ship.   If they come down with symptoms after boarding, you should be confined to your cabin.   Anyone not getting a flu shot this year should not be allowed to board.

No US cruising this year even if a vaccine is approved by year end.  It will take several months to acquire immunity once the vaccine becomes available to the cruising population.  And this is the most optimistic scenario.  

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

How many of you, US folks, have signed up for a trial of a vaccine for COVID 19.    On our news at noon, they were asking for volunteers.   This was on the DC area news.   It’s one way to get a vaccine (hope it works)!

I filled out the form to volunteer, but no calls so far.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:12 AM, TeeRick said:

No US cruising this year even if a vaccine is approved by year end.  It will take several months to acquire immunity once the vaccine becomes available to the cruising population.  And this is the most optimistic scenario.  

Absolutely agree 100%. I don’t their their will be any cruising period. Yes there are a few small ships doing modified “cruises”, but we have no desire to get on a ship anytime soon.

Edited by alwaysonaship

Nobody knows, and all of you people who say “no” have absolutely no clue what will happen. 

If you predicted in February we’d be here now than maybe I’d trust you, show me that and I’ll believe you. 

Nobody knows. My personal prediction is December in a very light form something maybe like we’re seeing in Germany right now.

Edited by pumpkin 11
  • Like 1

After many canceled cruises this spring, we decided to hold off and our next cruise is booked for next September. We as a nation are too divided to get this virus under control. Some comments on this board is a very good example of this plus some other areas of which I will not go into. I don’t expect any cruises out of the U.S this year. Looking at the three states (Florida, Texas and California)  where most of the cruises depart from show how far we have to go. Not even close.

• Like 2

I would guess no, and depending on how far it goes into 2021, the next questions is which of the major lines will start to disappear. Will Carnival and Celebrity fold some of their other lines completely or merge them with the mother companies.

We cancelled our b/2/b cruise for Jan 2021 and moved it to Jan 2022.  Hopefully by then, we will all have a vaccination and both staff and passengers will be safe.

We also have two additional cruises, March 2021 and August 2021- we hope that we will be able to sail safely by then, but if necessary, will cancel also.

Edited by Cruise a holic