Cruise Critic Community
Couple-Somerset

Royal - "less than 100 refunds waiting over 30 days"

Posted (edited)

According to Royal Caribbean...............

Royal Caribbean has only 100 reservations waiting more than 30 days for a refund

Vicki Freed, Royal Caribbean's Senior Vice President, Sales, Trade Support and Service, proudly informed travel agents on her weekly webinar that there are just 100 reservations left that are waiting more than 30 days for a refund.

As I have 2 cruise refunds (plus a drinks package refund), I find her statement incredibly hard to believe.

Edited by Couple-Somerset

I was pleasantly surprised with our refund from Royal.  We received FCC on our first two cancelled cruises, each took about 30 days to receive and then another 30 to receive taxes /port fees.   So when our family cruise on Harmony in June was cancelled, I applied for refunds on 4 cabins to the tune of $23,000.😳 the middle of June.  Didn’t expect to see anything until August. Surprised to see some weird amounts refunded to charge card about 2 weeks later,  this continued until yesterday when I discovered amounts that brought us up to total paid. 

Thank you , Royal!

Sherri🙂

I’m still waiting for taxes and gratuities from a March 28th cruise (in addition to a few others).  A bit longer than 30 days.

It seems that an unusually large percentage of those due refunds are here in CC.

Cancelled March 15 (130 days ago) and still waiting.

I've gotten dribs and drabs of money back, some of which I could identify as port fees, dining package, etc, but some amounts I couldn't figure out at all.  Still owed over $3200.

On the last phone call I had with them they finally said it was because the cruise was originally scheduled for summer 2019 and at the last minute I had to postpone it to this summer, due to my mother being placed in hospice.  Somehow they claim that messed things up.  I am out of patience.  Based on the last call I should have the money by the end of July.  If not then I'm going to call my credit card company and/or a lawyer.  Maybe I should call Vicki Freed.  😐

Posted (edited)

Guess there are 99 others besides myself out there.  😉   Still waiting on cruise cancelled late May.  

Edited by island lady

Posted (edited)

Lucky me , not , I’ve been waiting over 100+ days for my refund .  I wonder if RCI is dealing with their most income producing passengers first.  Not happy and I’ll be contacting TA this morning , then , credit card company.

Edited by NHProud

Lets do our own Cruise Critic count shall we?

If we start with 99 (the "less than 100" claimed by their Senior Vice President)

I am owed 3 refunds for over 100 days

So, that leaves just 96 other refunds

How about yours?

I was lucky. Cancelled one of  my Jan 2021 cruise 2 weeks ago and got my deposit back yesterday.  I am still waiting for my FCC for my deposit on another Jan 2021 cruise I cancelled at the same time.

17 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Lets do our own Cruise Critic count shall we?

If we start with 99 (the "less than 100" claimed by their Senior Vice President)

I am owed 3 refunds for over 100 days

So, that leaves just 96 other refunds

How about yours?

Or in that case...add "up" the number of refunds that are over 30 days to see how many are still waiting.  You are 3, I add another 3 (six refunds there)...I am guessing it won't take long to be well OVER  the "under 100"...just here on this thread and just on CC alone.  😉  

2 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Royal Caribbean has only 100 reservations waiting more than 30 days for a refund

Vicki Freed, Royal Caribbean's Senior Vice President, Sales, Trade Support and Service, proudly informed travel agents on her weekly webinar that there are just 100 reservations left that are waiting more than 30 days for a refund.

As I have 2 cruise refunds (plus a drinks package refund), I find her statement incredibly hard to believe.

Totally agree... still waiting on part of mine

They must not be talking about Air2Sea.  Lift and shifted my Alaskan cruise back in mid May to next September and still waiting on over $1000.00 in airfare refunds.

Still owed Airport Xfer from Air2Sea and taxes/port fees from a L&S. Both done in May.  I'm guessing she means full refunds though (not that I still believe there are only 100 beyond 30 days).

Posted (edited)

Waiting for Deposit refunds $1100 (Azamara)....cancelled by cruise line 5/20 and $900 (RCI) cancelled by cruiseline 6/2. For the Azamara cruise I surprisingly got the Cruise Fare, Cruise Planner purchases and Air2Sea refunded in ONE transaction. Deposit was on a different credit card. I'm told theyre both "in the works". 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

4 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

we all know this isn’t true at all.....I’m waiting for so many refunds for months now, that I created a spreadsheet to keep track.

Posted (edited)

The greatest thing about statistics is 92% of them are made up on the spot. The other thing is so much data can be ignored to make the results look as rosy as you want.

Edited by bigrednole

I have 2 refunds currently at over 30 days due. Also waiting on funds to be transferred from one booking to another (lifted and shifted a cruise but they had to put under a new booking number) that they are telling me is running at 45 days to process.

8 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

It does not say they have gotten all the money back that is owed to them.  I know a bunch of people that have got portions returned to them and they are still fighting over getting the rest refunded to them.

And they have a lot more cruises to get cancelled like everything through 12-15 and most likely well beyond into 2021.

Still waiting on a drink package refund.

Put me down for two refunds waiting, one is 52 days the other 35. Also waiting  for revised FCC at 55 days. 

My sister in law is waiting for an FCC on a cruise she cancelled, she is just under 60 days. 

I can’t believe the 100 number. 

mac_tlc

I think Miss Vicki “accidentally” dropped a “k” as in:

there are just 100k reservations left that are waiting more than 30 days for a refund.

Whats the difference between 100 and 100,000 between friends?

Still waiting for refund.  Now at the 120+ day mark.  They were gracious enough to refund $211 last week (was told total refund would be $1900).  Remainder is still "processing" per Royal.