should i try a cruise out of Bayonne this year ?

seaman11

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruise from there ... I did Anthem last year and it was a pleasure.  Hard to say if any cruises will go rest of the year but check their schedules and good luck!

There is a great FAQ thread on the RCL board about the Bayonne terminal. (or was it the East Coast departures board?  could be there.)

5 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruise from there ... I did Anthem last year and it was a pleasure.  Hard to say if any cruises will go rest of the year but check their schedules and good luck!

There is a great FAQ thread on the RCL board about the Bayonne terminal. (or was it the East Coast departures board?  could be there.)

thank you , i have sailed out of there once, on the summit.  the only issue i had was train to port, there were no cabs. lucky uber just came out and some guy picked me up on the side of the road.  I was thinking since NJ covid cases are doing so well there may be a slight chance of starting cruises from there.

• Like 1

Yes, there is ZERO public transit to the port.  You can get to the end of the road leading out there but that's it, and you do NOT want to walk it (I've driven it).  Definitely RCI and Celebrity only from there.  New York is doing pretty good on COVID numbers also, but I think the main obstacle is the CDC.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hallux said:

Yes, there is ZERO public transit to the port.  You can get to the end of the road leading out there but that's it, and you do NOT want to walk it (I've driven it).  Definitely RCI and Celebrity only from there.  New York is doing pretty good on COVID numbers also, but I think the main obstacle is the CDC.

hah i thought about walking it, but seeing it was almost 2 miles of that gravel road at that time and two suitcases . I was glad i remembered uber existed. 

side note , my driver got yelled out by a cabbie and i had to get out and defend my little driver, it was a big scene.  

The reason our area is doing so well is because we aren’t opened up yet. No dining in restaurants, no gyms, no bars, masks worn inside and out. My daughter’s university just announced the fall semester will be online. NY, NJ and CT seem to have partnered, and are asking those from 31 states to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.

49 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

NCL i dont think sails out of there. but i was thinking if i was to try nov/ dec a cruise. maybe from there , there would be a shot?  NCL i may rebook for feb. 

What itinerary are you intending to sail? The Bahamas is closed to US passengers aboard large cruise ships. 

45 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

The reason our area is doing so well is because we aren’t opened up yet. No dining in restaurants, no gyms, no bars, masks worn inside and out. My daughter’s university just announced the fall semester will be online. NY, NJ and CT seem to have partnered, and are asking those from 31 states to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.

Yes i think this has clearly showed it works.  I was in Atlantic city this week  and everyone i saw had a mask on, i will say harrahs had more than 25% occupancy on sunday and may get dinged by the gov soon. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

What itinerary are you intending to sail? The Bahamas is closed to US passengers aboard large cruise ships. 

thats a good point, i think jamaica is still open  DR and their private islands. 

thank you , i have sailed out of there once, on the summit.  the only issue i had was train to port, there were no cabs. lucky uber just came out and some guy picked me up on the side of the road.  I was thinking since NJ covid cases are doing so well there may be a slight chance of starting cruises from there.

Don’t take the light rail. Take Amtrak to Newark Penn station and a taxi or Uber to the port from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Don’t be a goof again. There won’t be any cruises out of Bayonne this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's kind of funny after all these months how many people still bite on his fish hooks. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

NCL i dont think sails out of there. but i was thinking if i was to try nov/ dec a cruise. maybe from there , there would be a shot?  NCL i may rebook for feb. 

C'mon Seaman, we've been through all of this numerous times before!!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Well its fun to dream,  though i feel it is not likely. 

Think of it this way...you were just in AC....your  odds/luck there was WAY better than you sailing this year.  😵😉

6 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Unfortunately, NJ has banned people from Fairfax County. You'll have to quarantine for 14 days in NJ before carrying on to the terminal. 

5 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Yes i think this has clearly showed it works.  I was in Atlantic city this week  and everyone i saw had a mask on, i will say harrahs had more than 25% occupancy on sunday and may get dinged by the gov soon. 

You mean you violated the mandatory quarantine rule from anyone from Virginia? Fairfax County has been the hotspot of the state. 

Edited by BirdTravels

52 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Unfortunately, NJ has banned people from Fairfax County. You'll have to quarantine for 14 days in NJ before carrying on to the terminal. 

You mean you violated the mandatory quarantine rule from anyone from Virginia? Fairfax County has been the hotspot of the state. 

Virginia wasn't added to the quarantine list until 7/21, so when seaman11 arrived here he wasn't in violation of the quaranatine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

tom-pantsonfire.gif