Hotel in Amsterdam near Anne Frank House

Can anyone recommend a hotel near the Anne Frank House.  I have a client that cannot walk too far and would like something in that area.  The next day she is going on Viking and can get transportation.

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, Barley928 said:

Can anyone recommend a hotel near the Anne Frank House. 

I love the Pulitzer - it is a lovely boutique hotel. Like AFH, it is located on the Prinsengracht canal & is only a 4 minute walk from the AFH.

https://www.pulitzeramsterdam.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw6uT4BRD5ARIsADwJQ1-e4gQvJJnxDtmsEUHwNipIis5187H-7Gyk8viqlJkyuRI_ptsamgkaAt-qEALw_wcB

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 2:19 AM, Ine said:

If your client has walking problems please point out to him that inside the AF house he has to get up/down some steep narrow staircase. It might be a big problem. Also reservations needed.  Check their website: https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

Steep is an understatement; it should read extremely steep narrow stairs.

I agree with previous posters. If the client has walking disabilities he/she is very likely to have problems negotiating the ladder like stairs in the Anne Frank House. For a photo of the stairs and more details about accessibility see the website of the Anne Frank house: https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/practical-information/accessibility-museum/

I believe the OP wanted something in the area of the AFH - it was not stated that the person who "cannot walk too far" actually wants to visit the museum. If a visit to the AFH is intended then I too would agree with the previous posts - the space is definitely not hospitable to those with mobility issues - definitely not ADA compliant.

If the person who cannot walk too far doesn’t want to visit the AFH then it shouldn’t matter if the hotel is near the AFH. If the person who cannot walk too far doesn’t want to visit the AFH then I suggest you look at another area to stay in. The neighbourhood Jordaan where the AFH is located in, doesn’t have many hotels and the uneven streets aren’t the easiest to walk on. Depending on what other activities the clients want to do, it might be more convenient to pick another neighborhood.

And with regards to the AFH not being ADA-compliant, that is the very nature of the museum! The Frank family tried to pick a hiding place that was very well hidden, not one that was easily accessible from outside (and thus easily detectable). The AFH have done their best to make as many parts of the museum accessible as they can, but installing an elevator/lift to the Secret Annex would destroy the very nature of the hiding place. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  I visited several years ago and my husband wants to visit the AFH.   I agree that first step was tricky.  I plan to stay in the gift shop or cafe while he sees the house.  I also want to take him to a coffee shop and the Olde Kirche.  

I also want to take him to a coffee shop and the Olde Kirche”

I think you mean the Oude Kerk? (old church). Kirche is the German word for church. I trust you didn’t do this on purpose, but please don’t confuse the Dutch language with German. To some Dutch people that’s a very sensitive matter (related to WW2). If in doubt, it’s better to just use English. In the Netherlands we learn English from a very young age, so every local you will encounter as a tourist will speak English.

I’m not sure when you plan to visit, but you need to be aware that currently you need to book a time slot in advance for most if not all museums, including the Oude Kerk.

We just booked the Movenpick Hotel for July 28-30th! Doubletree By Hilton was still showing sold out!

If we were positive that the EU would open up for our cruise would have prepaid for the better rate!

At this time we expect to fly out of JFK on 7/27th!

20 hours ago, LJJQ said:

We just booked the Movenpick Hotel for July 28-30th! Doubletree By Hilton was still showing sold out!

The Double Tree was not sold out, the dates appeared in grey because you were trying to make a booking for more than 1 year out. As of today (July 31) you can make bookings up to July 30, 2021, dates beyond that are greyed out. Tomorrow you will be able to book for a stay until July 31, 2021 and so on and so forth.