Masks on Ships

Pickels

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Pinboy, the battle is lost, escape and evade.

Your point is very well taken .

I should have recognized earlier that there are folks that are agitators. 

The same ones appear quite often in various threads.

Thanks again.

15 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

All this nonsense started when I made a joke after reading the below in quotations from an earlier post. He was kind of bragging , in a joking manner , about taking a cruise and leaving his wife behind. See his post below :

"I would have no problem wearing a mask on a cruise.

My wife would not cruise if she had to wear one.

I'm going to miss her..."

His post was funny because it provided great parody and humor to the topic of this thread.  There was no bragging or sense of bragging at all.    🍷

7 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Your point is very well taken .

I should have recognized earlier that there are folks that are agitators. 

The same ones appear quite often in various threads.

Thanks again.

There are some who think I am an agitator, and like I said I can be blunt and will stand my ground when required. Some of my posts have been harsh to say the least, even to the point of having the thread closed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

There are some who think I am an agitator, and like I said I can be blunt and will stand my ground when required. Some of my posts have been harsh to say the least, even to the point of having the thread closed.

That's because  personal attacks are uncalled for and not within the accepted guidelines of CC.  🍷

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 6:01 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

And now they have had to add a "No masks with holes, mesh, or vents" because people were using those (in some cases cutting holes in the masks) and saying they were for straws. They are actively discovering loopholes people are trying to find and closing them.

holes, how small a hole, even an N95 has holes by definition that allow the air to move thru, perhaps as another poster said everyone should wear respirators, LOL.

14 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Never found you to be an agitator -- You don't like BS --- Nothing wrong with that.

Your suggestion "Pinboy, the battle is lost, escape and evade " was well taken.

I stood my ground until I figured out what some were doing and continue to.

Who knows, maybe we will meet someday -- my pleasure.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pinboy said:

The guy was at a party blabbing and showing off, in front of everybody,  how funny he thought he is by making a joke about his mother-in-law's cooking. His wife, of course, heard everything and didn't think it was so funny ( him making fun of her mother's cooking ) in front of the people at the party. On the way home in the car, she gives him the " burn " , a cold shoulder and doesn't say a word to him-- very quiet in the car all the way home. 

He tries to explain to her that  " everybody laughed like hell " and they really knew he was only joking.

Apparently, it didn't go over very well with his wife , nor did my attempt at a bit of humor during these stressful times go over very well with some CC'ers.

OK, I get it now. I think it was the way you told it.  And it does not really like into the joke the previous poster made.

Anyway these kind of discussions are far more entertaining than "which side of the the state room is the bed on? Can I book a table in Blu, where is my refund?" etc. etc.

14 hours ago, vulcan1971 said:

I may regret this, but here goes...

@Pinboy - Before you quoted my only post in this thread (before typing this post), I think we can both agree that I don't know you and you don't know me. So, with that said, anything I say here is not from any place of malice or ill will toward you. When I saw your reply that has now garnered so much attention, I didn't quite follow it, understand it, or even think it was humorous. I don't think I am alone in my assessment as several of the posts are essentially saying the same thing. These people are not attacking you, they are trying their best to point out to you in a variety of ways how they also did not find your post humorous. Sorry if that feels like they are piling on.

I am not going to critique their approaches to pointing out how what you posted was not considered funny, or even understood because that would be considered a personal attack. Also, I've not seen any of your prior posts (outside of this thread topic) and I won't be spending any time to check them out. Just know that the way you see something is not how others may see the same thing, including humor.

Vulcan,

I appreciate your posts on this thread.   These boards should be about sharing information to assist others.   I discovered CC about ten years ago and it has proven very helpful in my planning cruises and trips as well as connecting with others on the same cruises.

If some people don't agree with my advice, fine, but I am trying to provide information.   Most of the time, the feedback that I get here is positive.  Still, occasionally, not, not problem, however, what no one should get is hostility.

4 hours ago, billydog said:

OK, I get it now. I think it was the way you told it.  And it does not really like into the joke the previous poster made.

Anyway these kind of discussions are far more entertaining than "which side of the the state room is the bed on? Can I book a table in Blu, where is my refund?" etc. etc.

That's exactly why from time to time I "try " to add a little humor ( ??? ) into the conversation.

Criticism is fair, attacks on ones persona is not .

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Wine-O said:

A new prisoner was assigned to his cell.  After a couple of hours he heard someone in the cell block yelled out "15" and the entire cell block erupted with laughter.  Later someone in the cell block yelled out "23" and the entire cell block erupted with laughter.

A little puzzled, he asked his cell mate what's going on.  The cell mate explained that there was a list of jokes and a number assigned to each joke.  Instead of telling the entire joke, someone would just yell out the number.

The new prisoner decided to study the jokes and the numbers.  One day he got brave enough and yelled out "17" -- there was complete silence.  He then yelled out "11" -- there was complete silence.   He then asked his cell mate what was going on.  Why is no one laughing at his jokes.  His cell mate said, well, you know, some people just know how to tell a joke and some people just don't.  🍷

Since this thread has gone completely off the rails because pretty much everyone has chimed in, its now ‘fun’ to just babble.......

Wine-0, when I was an aviator, we couldn’t use, shall we say, ‘colorful language’ over our radios while airborne. So we started a list of ‘certain words’ and then colorful jokes that we’d number and use over the radio. Some were just silly, such as “A Beer for Me and a plate of flys for my wingman!”, dump stuff such as that. Others were much more ‘expressive’. 

On one mission, I was ferrying a special plane off the carrier up to a UK airfield and had to send messages to my squadron to keep them informed of status. I added a few ‘Number Jokes’ and so on in the messages to let the guys back on board I was having a great time ‘ashore’! Unfortunately, the status messages were also sent on to Higher Command so they’d know the aircraft location and status and they got these messages with the joke Numbers. They thought it was some kind of special code and started hitting my squadron what this was all about and why I was sending ‘secret signals’.......needless to say my CO wasn’t a happy camper. 

By the way, all aviators wore masks flying and many ground crew wore than on the flight deck so as not to be overwhelmed by all the exhaust, and we wore them for many hours. (I put this in so I’d not get hit for being off topic!!)

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 3