Safety Drill enhancement

woodscruise

Royal Caribbean Group reinvents cruise industry's safety drill

- New patented approach helps guests sail away smoothly

- Technology licensed to other cruise lines to help eliminate crowding

News Release Issued: Jul 24, 2020 (6:00am EDT)

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/royal-caribbean-group-reinvents-cruise-industrys-safety-drill-301099281.htm

Edited by Host Kat
Removed copy/paste of article's text & replaced with link per the Copyright Infringement section in the Cruise Critic Guidelines.

" . . . guests will complete the drill by visiting their assigned assembly station, where a crew member will verify that all steps have been completed and answer questions . . . "

Presumably those who do not report to their muster station in a timely manner will be sought out prior to sailing.

Addit : should have read the Muster_Q&A's before posting!

Edited by Baynanno1
further information

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

They need to sort out the interactive TV service for it to work on Azamara, especially as far as Pursuit is concerned where it is non existent. I suspect this initiative is for the larger ships. I will say that muster on Azamara is a pretty painless operation.  

Phil 

Pretty painless is correct and, I think, quite effective.

Attending one on the Allure of the Seas this summer did not fill me with confidence that either I, and anyone else there, would behave appropriately if an emergency struck. Too much attempt to keep us attentive with animations, narratives etc.

So I agree that the procedure on the larger ships needed to be improved. Not so much on Azamara.

You still have to attend your muster station, so that a crew member can check that all interactive procedures have been completed. Surely that can be done on the interactive TV. I can see that it is necessary if you have used your own smart phone.

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

You still have to attend your muster station, so that a crew member can check that all interactive procedures have been completed. Surely that can be done on the interactive TV. I can see that it is necessary if you have used your own smart phone.

See my post above. There is no interactive TV on Pursuit and I'm not sure how up to date Journey and Quest are. I heard the reason for the delay on Pursuit is that Azamara no longer use that contractor. Time to update all three ships?  

Anyway, the problems out there at present outstrip lack of TV interactivity for an updated muster drill operation in my view. 

Phil 

• Like 5

On 7/24/2020 at 5:25 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

They need to sort out the interactive TV service for it to work on Azamara, especially as far as Pursuit is concerned where it is non existent. I suspect this initiative is for the larger ships. I will say that muster on Azamara is a pretty painless operation.  

Phil 

Agree.  The muster process on Azamara is quick and easy, and most importantly provides the security needed for passengers to find and get to their assigned stations.  Change not required.  Safety is the objective, not convenience.  On larger ships passengers may need to walk 200 yards then traverse a dozen decks.  Not easy.