Always book through TA. Any way to see all the deposits/FCC with HAL?

janmcn

With all the cancelations over this year, I can't keep up with all the FCCs that were moved to other cruises which THEN were canceled, then FCCs and deposits moved to other cruises, etc...Is there any way we can check with HAL directly about the status of the money they have "on our account" vs going through our TA?

I don’t think there is a way to see any pending or soon to be refunded FCC or FCD. We had one cruise canceled due to the ship sale and that FCC was issued fairly quickly. However the FCC that was applied from the cruise has not been returned to my account and they say it will take 30-60 days to show in my account. HAL can see it as pending, but I can’t access it for our use.

9 hours ago, michigangirl1 said:

Tried that, but it doesn't show any.  Would that be because I used a HAL Personal cruise consultant?  She did say I had to rebook with her when I cancelled in March.  Thx for any insight.

i continue to be amazed when I read posts about PCC's, but yours offers a new perspective!  Do you even know if your PCC is still employed by HAL and reachable by either telephone or email?  What are you to do if she is no longer on the HAL payroll?

I have to say that over the years, my PCC has been amazing. She constantly goes above and beyond to keep me informed, solve issues, and get things done. Most recently, due to the cancellation of a October 2020 Zuiderdam cruise, she was able to obtain a 100% "bonus" on the portion of the booking relating to the cruise fare. This was immediately transferred an already booked cruise on the Ryndam. Just recently we received a cash payment sent to our Credit Card in the amount relating to our payments on fees, taxes and airfare. So that account has been completely cleared out!!!!

On the other hand, a good friend that used the services of a travel agent, is still waiting for a very large refund on a 30 day cruise that was scheduled for this year. 

I'm not saying that a PCC -vs- a travel agent is always the way to go, but it does seem that I get returned phone calls and responses to my e-mails very quickly from my long time PCC. I am very thankful for all she has done for us over the years.   

On 7/24/2020 at 11:02 AM, michigangirl1 said:

Tried that, but it doesn't show any.  Would that be because I used a HAL Personal cruise consultant?  She did say I had to rebook with her when I cancelled in March.  Thx for any insight.

That was true back in March but the website seems to have been upgraded to allow us to rebook on our own with FCC's.

• Like 1