Advice for cruising with a two year old

sarahspeedy87

I’m after some advice about who to cruise with if You have a two year old. Before baby we cruised with celebrity most of the time.

I was looking at P and O but have been told they are fully booked(for 2 year olds) next years. So any advice would else would be good to travel with?

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal Caribbean has a Royal babies and Tots program - fee for the under 3 group and I believe you have to make reservations...  Carnival's kids programs start at age 2.  Who you can go with depends on where you want to sail from...  And schedules are still so fluid for next year...  EM

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sarah,

We took our daughter aged 16months on Celebrity Eclipse having cruised with them twice before.  She was treated like a Princess! Unfortunately you won't be able to leave her at the kids club as she's too young but you can 'stay and play' in the club at certain times through the day. 

We tried P and O in years following this (she was 3) and I'd advise steer clear: the company were awful and the ship not a patch on Celebrity.  The kids club was the best part of the experience actually but honestly even at 3 she didn't want to be looked after there so we ended up 'staying and playing' anyway.  We would have had a much better time on Celebrity!

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 11:17 AM, sarahspeedy87 said:

I’m after some advice about who to cruise with if You have a two year old. Before baby we cruised with celebrity most of the time.

I was looking at P and O but have been told they are fully booked(for 2 year olds) next years. So any advice would else would be good to travel with?

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Main issue with very young is what is minimum age the children's club accept children unaccompanied with parents. P&O is 2 as far as I recall other lines quite often 3.   P&O also have a Night Nursery 2 - 5 yrs 10pm to 2am.  They have a number of children in each age group limit and avoiding school holidays is advisable if you can as children's numbers peak in the school holidays.

Regards John

• 2 months later...

Cunard's kids club program starts at 2, but their counselors were the least impressive of the lines I'd sailed  with kids (HAL, Princess, NCL).  RC and Disney have fee based nurseries for children under 2.  The staff on Princess were really good with 2 year olds, but you do have to stay with them.  Carnival kid club starts at 2, but I haven't sailed with them. 

Edited by kitkat343