Cruise Critic Community
muggo11

Which virtual mail service?

As we look to launch our life of international nomaddery (COVID willing), which virtual mail services work well?  We would like to have a Washington State address. 

I have heard about Earth Class Mail (through 4-hour-work-week) but I haven't tried it yet. That's the one we plan to use when traveling on Storylines MV Narrative. Great idea to get a WA address. If that's for tax purposes, I'm guessing you will need to establish residency there (register to vote, car registration, driver's license). 

I plead total ignorance about a "virtual mail service".  Never heard of this before this post.  What is it?  How does it work?

It's a 'snail mail' forwarding service so you can keep a physical address when you are traveling long-term. Your postal mail gets forwarded to Earth Class Mail and they open it for you and scan it and get it to you by whatever digital platform you request (email, DropBox, Google Drive...) It 'takes postal mail paperless'. If you read Earth Class Mails' reviews on Yelp, you'll find competitors such as Anytime Mailbox.    

Virtual mail service also does mobile check deposit and forwards packages to you wherever you are traveling at the moment. After reading the Earth Class Mail reviews, though, I wouldn't use that company. It seems they used to be really good but service took a dive in 2019. I'm not sure which ones offer a mailing address in WA. 

16 hours ago, Traveling_Family said:

It's a 'snail mail' forwarding service so you can keep a physical address when you are traveling long-term. Your postal mail gets forwarded to Earth Class Mail and they open it for you and scan it and get it to you by whatever digital platform you request (email, DropBox, Google Drive...) It 'takes postal mail paperless'. If you read Earth Class Mails' reviews on Yelp, you'll find competitors such as Anytime Mailbox.    

Thanks for the explanation.  As I said, this was a service that I never knew existed.

I am not sure I would want someone opening my mail and scanning the contents to be sent to me.  I'd have to think about that for awhile and do more researching about the service before I signed on for it.  

I have used St. Brendan's Isle, which is based in Florida, for about a year now.  I am very pleased with their service.  They serve people who are travelling around the world on boats, etc. One hint is that it takes a little bit of work/time to get set up (which I think applies to any service like this), so allow enough time in advance of departure for your travels.

https://www.sbimailservice.com/ 

We also use St Brendans Isle mail service and have been very happy customers for  many years. They take a picture of the front of the envelope and give you the option of hold, open & scan, send, or shred. Love them.