Cruise starting for German ship of 1,200 passengers

ninjacat123

"After being shut down for months, German cruise ship companies hope shorter, strictly controlled trips will help restart the business."

I think this is a smart way to restart cruising.  As cruise lines ease into restarting short cruises, they should be able to have more control and there is much less likely to be anyone who develops severe symptoms during the short cruises. Sailing at 60% capacity should give people a lot of room to spread out.  

• Like 2

On 7/26/2020 at 10:57 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

Germans are "disciplined".  In general, if given a rule, they will comply.

1) People are similar, however... All quarantine rules where much better enforced in Germany.

2) We won't be able to start cruising same way as Germany did or Italy (Costa and MAS)  will in August due to our rules of mandatory visiting foreign port.

it is in german, but if you want to see something from the first cruise and how the pax wear their masks watch in the video.

it is not my video, but if you have questions i can translate you something.

Edited by Steff79

17 hours ago, Steff79 said:

it is in german, but if you want to see something from the first cruise and how the pax wear their masks watch in the video.

it is not my video, but if you have questions i can translate you something.

Thanks for sharing!  This was fun to watch and informative!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Thank you! Is there mention of reduced numbers of passengers?

reduced capacity is 60% and i think Tui sells only rooms with balcony  and Aida inside too.

the same youtuber is going next week on a Aida cruise, then  we will see videos how it works at Aida.

Edited by Steff79

2 hours ago, Steff79 said:

reduced capacity is 60% and i think Tui sells only rooms with balcony  and Aida inside too.

the same youtuber is going next week on a Aida cruise, then  we will see videos how it works at Aida.

Would you post it on this thread?  Then I won't miss it!  Thx!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steff79 said:

Aida has to cancel their start of the new cruises. their ships have ship flag Italy ( their ships belongs to costa )  and Italy don´t allow them to start.

Where was this announced -- they still seem to have Augusts for sale..

https://www.aida.de/kreuzfahrt/angebote-buchen/wichtiger-reisehinweis.40233.html?teasersrc=03df2617-ee69-43d4-ab9f-c759da3ea349

Entgegen unserer Erwartung steht eine letzte formale Freigabe für den Start der Kurzreisen ab 5. August 2020 durch den Flaggenstaat Italien noch aus.

Leider müssen wir deshalb die geplanten Kurzreisen von AIDAperla und AIDAmar mit Abfahrtstermin zwischen dem 5. und 12. August 2020 absagen. .

Contrary to our expectations, the final formal approval for the start of short trips by the flag state Italy is still pending from August 5, 2020. Unfortunately we have to cancel the short trips from AIDAperla and AIDAmar with departure dates between August 5th and 12th, 2020.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:07 PM, BlerkOne said:

Cruising had already begun in Norway. Much of the world is not so selfish and values collectivism over individualism. Tui has a joint venture with Royal. After Aida, Costa should be restarting.

Bad news, very bad news:

36 crew infected on Hurtigruten ship: Passengers disembarked, potentially exposing communities

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/08/01/hurtigruten-cruise-line-33-crew-infected-covid-19-norway/5562151002/

And another delay...

AIDAblu is now starting Sep 6th out of Kiel.

AIDAperla is now starting Sep 12th out of Hamburg.

AIDAmar (out of Warnemünde) is cancelled. So are all other cruises til the end of September.

steamboats