Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

I am relatively new to CC and have only been cruising for a couple of years.  What I find disturbing on this site is that many times when someone asks a question or posts a comment regarding their higher level loyalty status or stateroom/suite others feel it necessary to post disparaging remarks.  If a cruiser has spent, or is spending, their hard earned money to enjoy their time at sea in whatever capacity they choose, and are not hurting anyone else, then why be snarky to that person?  It seems to me that many times the biggest "snobs and elitists" are not those in D/D+/Pinnacle categories and/or Star Class Suites, but those who are not.  As we have learned from an early age, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

• Like 42
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, peanut head said:

I am relatively new to CC and have only been cruising for a couple of years.  What I find disturbing on this site is that many times when someone asks a question or posts a comment regarding their higher level loyalty status or stateroom/suite others feel it necessary to post disparaging remarks.  If a cruiser has spent, or is spending, their hard earned money to enjoy their time at sea in whatever capacity they choose, and are not hurting anyone else, then why be snarky to that person?  It seems to me that many times the biggest "snobs and elitists" are not those in D/D+/Pinnacle categories and/or Star Class Suites, but those who are not.  As we have learned from an early age, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

It's part of the game, you have many members and each one has their own views which can endup in emotional discussions.

• Like 1

Be careful as some people get a kick out of teaming up on others. If they do it is is OK. However, when you do it, it is not. You will figure out who they are and what they do. 

Stay Safe!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Some people do have a right to express opinions about today's "Quality of Life" issues between those in suites and those in steerage.

Does one have to book a suite to dine in a special restaurant where a steak is a steak and not a second or third class hunk of gristle and tendons in one of the MDRs?

Just hyperbole but does raise a point or two..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Be careful as some people get a kick out of teaming up on others. If they do it is is OK. However, when you do it, it is not. You will figure out who they are and what they do. 

Stay Safe!

The "Feeding Frenzy"  posse....legendary on these boards.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

It's part of the game, you have many members and each one has their own views which can endup in emotional discussions.

This sums it up perfectly. People have views and other people have views on their views. When those views and the other views differ you get more views put more frankly than the first or second view. My personal favs are people’s views on what other people should pay in gratuities and peoples views on what other people should wear to dinner 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

and some of the moderators are just as bad.

It's very easy to determine what they "allow" vs. what they like or dislike.

I so wish Bob was still here. He was helpful and unbiased.

Yes! And he was great about combining threads. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, peanut head said:

Please don’t those people bother you.  Enjoy your Suite

• Like 6

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

and some of the moderators are just as bad.

It's very easy to determine what they "allow" vs. what they like or dislike.

I so wish Bob was still here. He was helpful and unbiased.

"Yikes" careful what you say about the "Mod's" they'll delete this thread  :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Hey, there's always a possibility that all statuses will start back at zero when cruises resume. It absolutlely could happen, especially if the company does a creative bankruptsy. 

The one thing every company wants regardless of whether it restructures , or has new owners is a loyal client base.  The only way I see the loyalty program being reset to zero is if Royal ceases to exist and it’s ships are picked up by several other cruise-lines.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, peanut head said:

If a cruiser has spent, or is spending, their hard earned money to enjoy their time at sea in whatever capacity they choose, and are not hurting anyone else, then why be snarky to that person?  

Edited by budmeister

I agree wholeheartedly. I am not ultra-wealthy and am far more frugal than maybe what I should be. As far as cabins or resort rooms go, my choice is based on how long I plan to be in the room. In my personal opinion, how much more would I benefit of spending (for example) $1,000 more for a balcony than an interior room. There are only a handful of S's I will do there but the rest of the time I want to be out enjoying what is offered. I have not cruised before, but we will attempt to Royal Up. If I can maybe go from Interior to OV for $50pp or $100pp to a balcony, we will try. I do the same when we go to a resort. I ask the person nicely if there is an upgrade to the room for a fee. Sometimes that have them, sometimes they done, sometimes they just give it to me, others they make an offer that I can choose to accept.

It is like someone told me...don't be Mr. FunSucker. If it makes a person happy, be happy for them. It may not be your thing, but it is obviously theirs. Let them be happy how they see fit. 

• Like 1

Anyone who stays in a suite and has a higher status has just spent more money that's all.  We stay in JS and are D+, but not because we did anything special.  We bought it.  Anyone who cruises bought whatever cabin they're in or whatever "status" they have.  In real life, it means absolutely nothing.  On here, it can be an explanation of knowledge.  We spent years when our kids were growing up not being able to afford certain things because I chose to be a stay at home mom.  We're empty nesters and I went back to work when they were in middle school and our ability to spend changed.  It's life.Everyone chooses how to spend what they have.  Also, why let strangers on the internet have ANY impact on your life?

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Hey, there's always a possibility that all statuses will start back at zero when cruises resume. It absolutlely could happen, especially if the company does a creative bankruptsy. 

Pure balderdash!  It would be financial suicide for RCCL!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2