Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I appreciate cats, kind of like how they appreciate humans. Great story to how he was named, as I am happy to see hockey back on again. 

Thank you, but there's bit more.

Dubinsky (cat) has a black spot on his nose.  One day, Dubinsky (hockey player) walked by us on a plane.  He had just been in a hockey fight and had a black mark on his nose.  Yes, the cat and hockey player look alike!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I've seen that videos before but still LOVE it.   I think I've stood behind that guy at Guest Services.

M

My favorite. Wish people would pay attention to the theme and realize how they sound. 😇

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

3 hours ago, BND said:

Asking what people do for a living is a pretty standard question as far as small talk goes.  Heck, I'm watching Let's Make A Deal right now and it's the first question Wayne Brady asks each contestant.  I retired in March, but I always told the truth (mostly) that I was a US Gov employee.  I just left off who I worked for because it usually invited questions I really couldn't answer plus we were always told to be as vague as possible.  So, to me that questions is fine as long as people don't interrogate you.

If you leave it at the question, it’s fine.  However, most people don’t stop there. Ask for free diagnosis. My reply to them is typically, you have your credit card, otherwise make an appointment. We are on vacation. 

M8

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I agree people think it's a innocent question, but not everyone has a answer.

We agree. As you see here people say it’s an Innocent question, ice breaker. Personally, we feel it’s a rude and unwelcome question. What does it matter what one does, especially on a cruise ship. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Picture quoted for effect. 

What Royal ship is the on pictured?

Thanks

I found these 3 pics on Internet and thought they were beautiful scenes. Posted to brighten the day. 

Stay Safe

3 hours ago, BND said:

The addition of emerald is what made us have to wait one additional cruise to make D.  Timing is everything lol.

We have never worn any of our pins either.  In fact, I accidentally threw out our D pins on the cruise we received them on as they were in a stack of papers.  Our D+ pins are still attached to the cardboard they came on and are in a drawer somewhere.  

I met a P a couple of years ago in the CL and he was a rather interesting character. DW and I were doing a b2b and he was getting on the ship for 8 weeks. He mentioned that he was wearing his P name badge and some people would make fun of those wearing their P badge. He said his P name badge was the most expensive piece of jewelry he owned and he was going to wear it, for most P's I'm sure there is no truer statement. I'd probably wear my P badge too if I ever got to that level.....which is looking very unlikely at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We agree. As you see here people say it’s an Innocent question, ice breaker. Personally, we feel it’s a rude and unwelcome question. What does it matter what one does, especially on a cruise ship. 

M8

Puzzles me why anybody would find it rude & why especially on a cruise ship,,if you are meeting somebody for the first time & trying to get to know them it is surely better than ' do you come here often'!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Puzzles me why anybody would find it rude & why especially on a cruise ship,,if you are meeting somebody for the first time & trying to get to know them it is surely better than ' do you come here often'!

Some of us just don't want to spend a week in the lounge discussing our employment.  In addition, some of our work is mentally demanding and we are thinking about almost all the time.  We are on a vacation.  Now, if you want to talk about cats, we're in!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, snaefell said:

I grew up being told that religion & politics were topics best avoided in bars if you didn't want to risk being lynched,in recent years in the UK  Brexit joined that famous line up!

Most people don't have strong feelings about religion anymore.  Is that good or bad?

Brexit, however, falls under "politics."  Sadly, our country has become woefully divided over the last few years and feelings are often strong and judgmental!

11 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Some of us just don't want to spend a week in the lounge discussing our employment.  In addition, some of our work is mentally demanding and we are thinking about almost all the time.  We are on a vacation.  Now want to talk about cats, we're in!

I'm in!!  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Some of us just don't want to spend a week in the lounge discussing our employment.  In addition, some of our work is mentally demanding and we are thinking about almost all the time.  We are on a vacation.  Now, if you want to talk about cats, we're in!

Totally agree about cats but wouldn't dream of starting a conversation with a new acquaintance with them as I've met quite a few people who claim to be scared of cats,mind you I've met quite a few who were scared of employment too!

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Most people don't have strong feelings about religion anymore.  Is that good or bad?

Brexit, however, falls under "politics."  Sadly, our country has become woefully divided over the last few years and feelings are often strong and judgmental!

In certain areas of the UK there are people with very strong feelings about religion,often with not good results!

As for Brexit it became more personal than politics,dragging on so long that people became well & truly sick of hearing of it!

1 hour ago, snaefell said:

Or "what's a person like you  doing on a ship like this?"

Or "Hey, what's your sign?"  To which the infamous reply is "Ah, a Stop sign!" 🤣

58 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

For those missing the sea... here’s to you.

A few pics from our 2018 October Symphony sailing.

A47DBB8D-6E97-4593-877D-BEA89EE80A70.thumb.jpeg.f8d79879bc1d3f2e6e6d92c3c93f312c.jpeg

Those I can relate to😉

But this one looks like a puppy🤣🤣

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Or "what's a person like you  doing on a ship like this?"

Or "Hey, what's your sign?"  To which the infamous reply is "Ah, a Stop sign!" 🤣

Would you like to see my etchings?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, snaefell said:

Totally agree about cats but wouldn't dream of starting a conversation with a new acquaintance with them as I've met quite a few people who claim to be scared of cats,

Scared of cats?

That's clawful!

Edited by yogimax
  • Like 1