Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

6 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Not sure how suites have caused a poorer quality of food in the MDR

Me as well.

Food quality seems to be more about how cruises have changed over the decades.  Specialty dining could also be thrown under the bus as well. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I have no issue with Suite's have their own perks.  But it should not be at the expense of those of us that have been "Loyal to Royal" over the years.  Suite passengers, often on their first cruise, have bought their way into perks that some of us have paid ten's of thousands of dollars to accrue.  It shows me that "Loyal" is a one way street...... sadly money talks.   Just my opinion.

Rubbish. Suites have amenities, C&A perks. How do people get the conception that Suite Guests are on their first cruise?  Best explanation of entitlement in recent past. SMH

M8

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How do you manage the numbers? The access?

It's not up to us on Cruise Critic to micro manage.  We just make our suggestions and share our thoughts but it's not up to us to determine the square footage of every venue.

12 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I have no issue with Suite's have their own perks.  But it should not be at the expense of those of us that have been "Loyal to Royal" over the years.  Suite passengers, often on their first cruise, have bought their way into perks that some of us have paid ten's of thousands of dollars to accrue.  It shows me that "Loyal" is a one way street...... sadly money talks.   Just my opinion.

Well said and it's not just your opinion.  It's the opinion of many of us!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

It's not up to us on Cruise Critic to micro manage.  We just make our suggestions and share our thoughts but it's not up to us to determine the square footage of every venue.

And it’s not up to us to determine who has access to what lounge. 😇

M8

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Here's a thought. Do you know that the Suite Lounges aren't only for suites? Royals most Loyal customers are granted access as well.😉

If they can kick D+ out of  the Concierge Lounge, they can certainly kick the Ps out of the Suite Lounge.  You may be next!

Edited by yogimax
  • Like 3

Interesting interruption in being able to access this site this morning.

Anyway, we really have no way of knowing what perks may or may not be impacted.  And, those upset by the fact the lounges exist, well, capitalism drives it and that works for me.

• Like 2

If they can kick D+ out of  the Concierge Lounge, they can certainly kick the Ps out of the Suite Lounge.  You may be next!

Just easier to create SL’s and nobody is kicked out of the CL’s if they don’t exist. Then D+ can’t complain about getting kicked out. 😇

M8

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Rubbish. Suites have amenities, C&A perks. How do people get the conception that Suite Guests are on their first cruise?  Best explanation of entitlement in recent past. SMH

Let's put it this way... other than those who gain artificial  status through family, can D's, D+, P's, (Emeralds for that matter) be on their first cruise?  Nope.

Can Suite guests be on their first cruise?  You better believe it! 

• Like 3

Let's put it this way... other than those who gain artificial  status through family, can D's, D+, P's, (Emeralds for that matter) be on their first cruise?  Nope.

But isn’t this comparison similar to those that say D+ or Pinnacle’s only book insides?  That’s equally as bad. It’s just not true. 

Actually, I believe it’s very possible that many book a suite after traveling in other cabins and once they do, will not go back. That was our situation. We typically booked balconies until we were on Majesty OV. The cabin steward gave us a tour of a GS onboard and from then on, we were hooked. 

M8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BND said:

Interesting interruption in being able to access this site this morning.

Yes.  Unable to log in.  It kept telling me my password was no good.  Just abandoned the attempt to log in and came back later.  All was well, then.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Yes.  Unable to log in.  It kept telling me my password was no good.  Just abandoned the attempt to log in and came back later.  All was well, then.

I couldn't even get to that point.  Literally clicking on "log in" did nothing at all.  I thought "oops, what did I do wrong that got me jail time" lol.  

I just don't get the complaining about the fact people can pay to have a suite with amenities/perks.  It's why they are making SL's and getting rid of CL's.  Either way, you pay for the perks you get.  We made D quicker by staying in GS most of the time, JS the rest so we paid.  Anyone booking a suite is paying more so they get more, it's pretty simple.  We still stay in JS.  Never had an inside and only had a balcony once (short 5 night Bermuda).  No one here has earned any status.  It's all been bought, as I've said before.  If you think you earned your C&A status, you haven't.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yep straight into the former DL🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just easier to create SL’s and nobody is kicked out of the CL’s if they don’t exist. Then D+ can’t complain about getting kicked out. 😇

But Ps can complain about being kicked out of Suite Lounges

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I was seeing a software update pop up this morning

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

But Ps can complain about being kicked out of Suite Lounges

I've been on a few cruises where they made a special lounge for the pins, and they didn't restrict them from the SL.  If they do restricr, they have always bent over backwards to provide the pins with awesome alternatives. 

Long story short, it won't bother me in the least whatever changes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Not sure how suites have caused a poorer quality of food in the MDR

By creating special dining rooms for suite guests.  More than one person on this site has mentioned that the quality of the food is better.  I have nothing against people who buy the suites.  They can spend their money where they want.  Just addressing the point that "regular" guests are aware of the class separation of the suite guests.

48 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Suite guests can most definitely be on their first cruise.

However there are suite guests that do sail frequently.  We always sail in full suites, most often in Star Class, unless a suite isn’t available.  That has been one time in the last three years, and only because we booked 3 days before we had to fly to port.  We are past the half way to Pinnacle mark, but that really doesn’t matter to me. 

Is this normal for suite guests, who know?  We do exist though. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, shofer said:

By creating special dining rooms for suite guests.  More than one person on this site has mentioned that the quality of the food is better.

Sorry.  This makes no sense.  Adding a new dining venue should not cause an existing dining venue to decline.  No cause and effect here.

• Thanks 2